The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5920

Taking a chance E/W @ 40/1 on Mille Et Mille here. Group 1 winner over extreme distances last year in the Prix Du Cadran

Participant
    • Total Posts 251

My favourite horse in training goes in this,Clever Cookie. :heart:

Have followed him ever since he won a bumper at Musselburgh years back,never thought he would be a gold cup horse in those days!

I have lumped on probably more than I should,but this is his chance as the ground has finally come right for him.Can’t say I’m overly enthused with the jockey but at least he knows the horse well.

Obviously the favourite will be tough to beat but I am quietly confident he has the rest covered.

Come on Cookie!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31534

Curbyourenthusiasm looks over-priced @ around 50/1 for a stable in very good form. Ran Clever Cookie close last time. It may be true that Clever Cookie is proven on “the ground” (although today’s times imo suggest it was somewhere between good and good-soft). Curbyourenthusiasm has improved on good and/or good-firm. But I remember him running really well at Salisbury on very soft and it is the Simcock horse who’s improving and this trip could even bring more progression.

Flying Officer might yet be able to improve too. Giving 5 lbs when neck and half a length behind Mizzou and Clever Cookie in Sagaro and goes well at Ascot – won Long Distance Cup here under similar conditions. Though wouldn’t want very soft (stamina).

Backed Mizzou last year and can see him doing well this year, but Cumani stable form puts me off – ditto Sir Mark/Pallasator.

Max Dynamite has a good chance on his 2015 form; but have my doubts about stayers reproducing their best after coming back from Oz and why the first time tongue tie?

The one to beat though is deffo the fav, Order Of St George. Can’t really see any negatives bar the price for an 18 runner race.

I’ve backed Curbyourenthusiasm and Flying Officer with savers on Clever Cookie and Order Of St George.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

I think the favourite will probably win but is no value at even money!!

IMO there are three overpriced horses MIZZOU 12/1 SHEIKZAYADROAD 40/1 and WASIR 100/1.

MIZZOU looks to me like it will love the ground and never got active in the race last year on ground probably too firm for him.

The Sheik looks to me like he has been screaming for a proper staying trip and if he gets it will go far better than his price.

WASIR looks like an out and out stayer and will be staying on when a lot of these will have cried enough.

:good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

It’s MIZZOU for me too, I think things have come right for him, and as long as he manages to
    hold his position from stall one early, and not get shuffled back, he is decent value at 12/1.
    As Ginger mentioned, Cumani isn’t exactly flying at the moment, but hopefully the tide can turn
    here.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

I see the fav has run outside Ireland just once and disappointed.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

…but not today. That was a fine example of a horse being utterly different class to a large field of rivals

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Different class indeed Joe. I’m happy with Mizzou, he was never going to be better
    than 2nd but ran a good race. I think O’Brien has another Yeats on his hands.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Huge cert!

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1564

That was pretty damn awesome. I thought oostgeorge would have had a great chance in the king George at Ascot as he has a lot of speed for a stayer. He looks streets ahead of any stayer on that ground. Certainly had the touch of Yeats about him. Hopefully aiden and Ryan will have a smile on their faces after a frustrating couple of days.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

think the favourite will probably win but is no value at even money!!

IMO there are three overpriced horses MIZZOU 12/1 SHEIKZAYADROAD 40/1 and WASIR 100/1

Good runs from my outsiders but the favourite was impressive!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.