Gold Cup 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Gold Cup 2017

This topic contains 546 replies, has 77 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

I’m not a stats man, but I’d guess that a horse who has alreday failed in 2 Gold Cups does not go on to win one, so Djakadam would be out for me.

There was The Fellow Joe,2nd to ‘Garrison Savannah’ 2nd to ‘Cool Ground’,4th to Jodami then beat ‘jodami’ in 95 I think.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4055

What you guys think of BLACK HERCULES at 25/1 sure to improve doubt he go ryanair and gold cup be best trip for him as well.

And gord any views on thread i start in this forum read cheltenham 2017 bets

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

What you guys think of BLACK HERCULES at 25/1 sure to improve doubt he go ryanair and gold cup be best trip for him as well.

And gord any views on thread i start in this forum read cheltenham 2017 bets

Black Hercules eh Darren.Will have a look at that ones form I will.I have contributed to the Cheltenham 2017 thread I have Darren…I like yo Thistlecrack I do.Dont yo dessert him now.

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 878

I wonder if they really upped the money for the GC would the Ryanair cop-out disappear? Might evn see Faugheen + A Power having a go

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 878

Don’t share the enthusiasm for Thistlecrack; 3-mile hurdling is such a weak division, easier to look good

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

Don’t share the enthusiasm for Thistlecrack; 3-mile hurdling is such a weak division, easier to look good

There is looking good and looking as though you have 4 turbo jets strapped to your @rse 🙂

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

There is looking good and looking as though you have 4 turbo jets strapped to your @rse :)

Yes I’m afraid I’ve jumped on the Thistlecrack Turbo Jet.Its not just the way he destroyed lat years Winner ‘Cole Harden’ but the way he also saw off a horse tuned to the minute in Alpha des Obeaux.The aerial view really shows this fine athlete stretching clear nicely of next years RSA winner.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

The positives regard Thistlecrack and Black Hercules to some extent to a long term view is the going will not inconvenience them whatever it is. Vautour wont run on anything worse than good, Don Cossack wont be at his best on soft etc.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1615

Vautour. Vautour, Vautour, Vautour. If Vautour doesn’t win this I’m giving up. He’s potentially as good as Kauto. Finally he’ll get his chance and show it. 185+ performance next festival.

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

No chance if it turns up soft though boz

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Connections of Coneygree are considering a tilt at The Betfair Chase, en route to a possible tilt at The Jockey Club Chase Triple Crown, and he’ll also be given an entry in The Charlie Hall by the look of things.

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 475

Black Hercules is 10/1 TBP in the GC.

That is a very good bet IMO. Almost all the horses ahead of BH in the market have age, injury, going and distance concerns – BH has none of those, so i’l take 10/1 TBP all day as surely GC bound.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

I’m inclined to go for new blood in The Gold Cup as well this year Charlie. Best of luck with that bet, based on his run at the festival, it should give you some hope in the coming months.

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 475

The more I look at this the more tempted I am to start getting involved on some of the bigger prices.

Thistlecrack – never jumped a fence in public
    Vautour – is a beast and has my money already on him at 10’s
    Don Cossack – injury concerns
    Cue Card – age concerns
    Coneygree – coming back off an injury and wants soft ground
    Douvan – will go CC
    Djakadam – twice come up short. Good EW bet 16s (PP)
    Valseur Lido – this this at 25’s

The two that interest me at 33’s are Blaklion and Don Poli

Blaklion is as tough as nails and has such good course form – trainer knows how to win GC and can see 33’s shortening significantly with a solid run in the Hennessy.

Don Poli was given a poor ride by Davy and I am a huge fan of his. New trainer, blinkers and a more prominent ride and 33’s is big

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

im finding the gold cup a nightmare at present, but do like NATIVE RIVER who done me a favour at aitree. and will relish the stiff gold cup. also like BLAKLION who is yes hard as nails. and never gives up. both 33/1 will do me for a couple of quid

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.