Glory, glory…

Home Forums General Sports Glory, glory…

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by cormack15 cormack15 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9973

Just on my way up to Easter Road to witness our first trophy parade in 16 years.

What a great day, tears streaming down my cheeks as Sunshine On Leith was sung at the end.

Magnificent.

Andrew Hughes
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 2011

Congratulations – you even started the second half with only 9 men, just to give them a sporting chance!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Quote: from Aranalde on 6:28 pm on Mar. 19, 2007[br]Congratulations – you even started the second half with only 9 men, just to give them a sporting chance!

I watched the game and I didn’t hear anything about this. I’m officially confused now. :confused:

I could see the Hibs were going to win it from about 10 minutes in when the Killie defence were mincing about at the back and cocking-up all sorts.

And this is probably not the best time for the newbie to admit that he’s a Jambo. :no:

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9973

Welcome to the Forum Friggo.

Two Hibs players were late out for the second half and the ref started without them.

Danny
    Danny
    • Total Posts 820

Where are Hibs in the league ?

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Currently 5th, ahead of Killie on goal difference and 5 points behind Hearts in 4th.

FlatSeasonLover
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2203

Nice one Corm, I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t know which team played at Easter Road! :blush:

Danny
    Danny
    • Total Posts 820

Quote: from cormack15 on 8:19 pm on Mar. 18, 2007[br]Just on my way up to Easter Road to witness our first trophy parade in 16 years.

What a great day, tears streaming down my cheeks as Sunshine On Leith was sung at the end.

Magnificent.<br>

has Cormack been playing on Fifa or did Hibs really win a trophy.

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9973

FSL – how long have you been living up here?<br>You really must get out and about a little more.

Danny – we certainly did!!!<br>

FlatSeasonLover
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2203

LOL Corm I’d probably get stabbed if I went down Leith way! (18 months btw)

Nah seriously I’m pleased for you mate, hope you had a good time.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Is this entire board from Edinburgh? That’s four I’ve come across in just over 24 hours! Wonder what it says about us as a city? 😉

And you tend not to get ‘stabbed’ down Leith anymore; nowadays you get ‘fleeced’, especially if you’re looking at houses!

FlatSeasonLover
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2203

There aint nowt Sunny Grassy from what I’ve seen! These damn English eh, invading Leith and drinking all the booze. You must be gutted Grassy having to cut down to the 10 a night! (Mind you it doesn’t stop the Scots clearing out the English Bars lol)

Friggo the board isn’t all from Edinburgh but we should bow down to our esteemed and almighty ruler, Cormack (pet name Cormy), so we all come out in support for him.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1195

"probably get  stabbed if I went down Leith".

… if you’re lucky.

Contrary to rumour, the best thing to come out of Leith wasn’t Sean Connery, it’s the number 16 bus, heading back to civilisation.

Steve

FlatSeasonLover
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2203

Quote: from stevedvg on 11:40 pm on Mar. 23, 2007[br]

"probably get  stabbed if I went down Leith".

… if you’re lucky.

Contrary to rumour, the best thing to come out of Leith wasn’t Sean Connery, it’s the number 16 bus, heading back to civilisation.

Steve

That’s what I thought too. Wouldn’t want to be waiting at the bus stop too long though; I’d be a sitting duck.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Haven’t you guys heard, Leith’s turned the corner into a thriving docklands redevelopment, it’s got Ocean terminal and everything! :laugh:[/sarcasm]

Sorry, just couldn’t say that with a straight face!

And hate to go OT, but wasn’t Sean Connery from Fountainbridge?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.