Glenfarclas cross country

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Glenfarclas cross country

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 16 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Not the type of race i would usually be involved in but urgent de gregaine has shown me enough to follow him around

That run in january was quite impressive, hes not much higher in the ratings, had a long layoff then runs 2nd in the worlds craziest horse race LOL to get round that track and finish 2nd in the pardubicka after the layoff was an excellent achievement, hes had 5 weeks off, hopefully enough time to recover, im hoping they send him here the 12/1 with corals when most are 9/2 was enough to tempt me, if he shows ill take some of the smaller prices as i really like this horse

But 12/1 will do fine antepost and wont do too much damage if they swerve this

FrankieMac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

The 12/1 is for the festival next march (CoC favourite at 7/1). The others you speak of around 9/2 are for this Friday’s race – for which UdG is a general 5/1 shot.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

I’ve backed Jodie’s orders the other day for this at 5s. He was 3/1 in most places so I grabbed the 5s with skybet knowing he was about to get thbe cut.

Less than an hour later, he was 10/3.

Have backed Cause of Causes for this at the festival in a Yankee.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

The 12/1 is for the festival next march (CoC favourite at 7/1). The others you speak of around 9/2 are for this Friday’s race – for which UdG is a general 5/1 shot.

Thanks for pointing that out, i placed the bet through oddschecker for this and it was taken so i obviously assumed it was this fridays, coral rectified the problem pretty quickly, which was good

So im now on at 6/1 with hills as ive just read that the french trainer has confirmed he will run

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

I’ve backed Jodie’s orders the other day for this at 5s. He was 3/1 in most places so I grabbed the 5s with skybet knowing he was about to get thbe cut.

Less than an hour later, he was 10/3.

Have backed Cause of Causes for this at the festival in a Yankee.

I was considering josies it just worried me about the problems/layoffs hes had

Definitely in with a good shout though and should be fit enough after recent comeback run :good:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

He’s arguably the best cross country horse we’ve seen since Garde Champetre and if the recent run has blown away the cobwebs, his class surely would give him a decent chance.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2681

Not a race I get massively involved in but Need To Know could be massively overpriced at 25/1 if he gets home!!

Having said that I am good at backing fallers in these kind of races so don’t pay to much attention to what I say LOL

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 217

The cynic in me thinks that Cause of Causes is going to be a no-show to try and bring his Grand National mark down with a view to prepping him for March and April. He typically doesn’t come alive until the festival, so it will be interesting to see what sort of price he will be.

Vimconte du Seuil looks very interesting to me at a big price. He improved for stepping up to 3 miles last time out and could improve again for a further step up. French raiders tend to be over-looked in these races, despite being quite good at them.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 217

Second.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

Quite exciting at the end there wasn’t it Degaussed?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7418

Winner was well backed before the off. Good to see other trainers get a look in in these races, albeit sad about NtK.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

Was he put down moe? It looked a horrible landing that could break a hock or stifle and I was really hoping that hadn’t happened.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Broke a back leg

Urgent gave me a good run for my money thought he was travelling well enough 3 out! Outstayed up the hill! Great race!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7418

Yes; sad outcome for NlB but what a superb ride by Tom S on the winner. Have to hand it to ITV racing; they are very good at keeping us up to speed about injuries etc.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2681

Such a shame about Need To Know. You could tell on the television it was bad!! R I P Fella!!

It kind of put the mockers on mrsraymos celebration of backing the winner at 33/1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.