Geraghty gone as McManus number 1?

Home Forums Horse Racing Geraghty gone as McManus number 1?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  homersimpson 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 890

Surprised the media haven’t picked up on this but since the start of the new season Geraghty seems to be only riding occasionally for McManus, and even riding for other people when McManus has horses in the race. He still seems to be getting the odd ride but doesn’t seem to have what you might call the position of First choice jockey so far this season. Is McManus following o Leary in just using the best available?

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1552

I noticed that the other day when he wasnon the harrington horse and walsh on the jp #1, havent seen any news myself but it does look slightly sketchy

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 890

3 JP horses at Down Royal today, Geraghty is there but rides none of them

droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 457

No surprise if true.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1924

Yes no surprise. Although Geraghty may have lost his retainer fee (whatever his contract was and he may have been paid off by McManus :unsure: ) he will much better off (maybe not financially) being freelance. Looking at the stats, and I know we are very early season, Geraghty has a 16% strike rate to 14% in 2016/17 whilst Mark Walsh, who seems to have taken over, is showing 8% as against 14% in 2016/17. BG will still get rides from various owners/trainers and will still ride the odd McManus horse. With very few of the McManus horses with Mullins or Elliott it’s not the gig it once was in Ireland. Geraghty may still ride the English based horses such as Buveur D’Air which are obviously much more appealing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.