forum problem

Home Forums Lounge forum problem

This topic contains 30 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Why is this forum so excruciatingly slow?
    It’s now got to the stage where I can do 4 or 5 pages of form study on another tab while waiting for a page to turn on TRF. It’s not my computer either, as I’m using my daughter’s at the moment, with a different ISP and browser, and it’s equally as slow as my own.
    Rather than all these whistles and bells to attract new members, how about returning to the original operating system to keep some of those it already had?
    It really is p*ss poor at the moment.

graysonscolumn
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7112

Corm’s mentioned on the TRF 10th Anniversary quiz thread that the TalkTalk hub in Edinburgh is not working as it should at present. I presume the knock-on effect of that is what’s currently strangling the speed of this site, and maybe others that it hosts as well.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

fitzer1987
    fitzer1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 231

I agree the site has been very slow of late and it is quite annoying. Also another problem that i find particulary irritating is that the site keeps logging me out. When i click on a different thread that stupid red pop up box comes up on my screen and i have to sign in again!! :evil: :evil:

Pompete
    Pompete
    • Total Posts 2513

Reet, have you tried turning off and turning on your computer?

Alternatively, consider every time there is an upgrade(?) or change to the forum this happens – the IT boys must be completely f***** useless or cheap!.

So, let’s face the facts the ‘Racing Forum Ltd’ no longer give a f*** about the forum, it’s all about how much advertising revenue they the ‘Racing Forum Ltd’ can raise, perhaps with a view to selling in the future – so lets just except it and stop moaning :D

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 604

Seems to happen a lot more on this site than any other I know. Gave up trying last night and will do the same now

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

You post makes no business sense Pompete. Work for years to build up a good mebership and repuation. This brings you sposorship then you say stuff it why should I care and the mebers leave, the sposorship stops and your back to square one.

If anything I would think they would be puting more effort than ever into keeping the forum running smoothly if it is now a profitable saleable item.

I find if TRF is slow then so is Sportinglife.com Betfair.com Paddy Power etc etc. and very seldom it it the forum on it’s own. For me Sportinglife.com is awful at the moment as is this forum.

CarryOnKatie
    CarryOnKatie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 576

Glad it wasn’t just me. I’ve noticed site has been slow for about 3 or 4 days now.

Expect To Win
    Expect To Win
    • Total Posts 197

This site is the slowest on the net. If it was a horse it wouldn’t get in a 10 bob claimer. Its tooooooooo SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Purwell
    Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 588

I’ve just tried to log in using Google Chrome and the pop up from Youtube keeps getting in the way and stops me from logging in. I’ve logged in now using Explorer and it seems OK.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Aye, it seems fine now Purwell, but it’s probably just a band-aid remedy, the like of which we’ve seen a number of times recently.
    No doubt the IT wizards will be along shortly, with another add-on to f*** response times up again. :roll:

no idea
    • Total Posts 689

It is very slow, but not quite as slow as Tipster Challenge.

Cav
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4896

Whizzing along now, best its been for ages.

Expect To Win
    Expect To Win
    • Total Posts 197

back to gooey treacly sloow

Mr. Pilsen
    Mr. Pilsen
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1787

Painfully slow :(

gamble
    • Total Posts 2512

One cannot blame people
    giving up.
    This site is like watching
    a snail trying to
    put its braces on !

The speed issue may threaten the
    accuracy and validity of the current
    poll results.

Both the 2009 and 2008
    polls finished on the 22nd
    so an extension may be the best option
    :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.