Dash 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dash 2011

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  GDC 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

This is one of my favourite sprints of the year, not just because i am there but because working out who actually has any chance of winning is great fun.

Surprisingly i have a very good strike rate, probably due to attending for the past 25 years or so, you get to know who wants to win and who has laid there horse out for this race.

This is the first year i have actually placed an ante post bet (my main reason for NOT normally is the draw bias, you need middle to high with the higher the better!

However, 2 have caught the old eye, top weight (if he turns up) will be Group Therapy [/color:268daxkh]who has the form to trounce these given a fair draw and at 20s (365) that was too big.

Secondly, the highwayman will have a few running from his 6 entered BUT the standout has got to be Masta Plasta [/color:268daxkh]at 25s (365). This previous winner of the race ran a storming race last year from the worst of the draw (2) and finished a very close 5th beaten just over a length! Given a better draw i can see him going off less than 6s.

Only just over 3 weeks to go and i cannot wait :D

Hawkeyethenoo
    • Total Posts 6

Where the f@*k was Keiren last year? :cry:

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

Hawkeye: I had 3 winning bets last year when i was down there and 2 seconds! I am not blaming Steve Drowne but IF Mr Fallon had bothered to get to the races on time i am 100% positive Hawkeye would have won!!

The group i was with all backed him EW at tasty prices on course and couldn’t believe the way he finished. On course they didn’t declare the jockey change until very late on!

Mr Fallon is stuck in traffic, jeez it’s not like it was the first race, it was the 4th!!! Out of interest how many times since has he been ‘stuck’ in traffic, i know of 2, last week for instance and at Newbury!! Still think the man needs to sort his personal life out, shame as he is without doubt one of the best jockeys ever and deffo one of the top 2 to ride Epsom!!

Hope you got your money back last week and Saturday, what a superb ride he was given. :)

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

Well that was a rather nice race from Group Therapy, thought Frank gave him a ‘quiet’ ride but he was finishing very well.

Hopefully Mr Barron will take this route now but i guess time will tell.

AmcF
    • Total Posts 10

I would give indian trail a decent chance in this. Although he is eleven years old now I thought he ran quite eyecatchingly at Haydock last weekend. I think he is at his best coming from off a rattling quick gallop over five furlongs, so I felt his effort racing relatively handily over six furlongs was noteworthy.

He has won this race before and has gained numerous placed efforts over the course and distance so the conditions of the race favour him. Obviously you would expect there to be something more unexposed in the field, however, Indian Trail has held his form well and should run up to his handicap mark. I would not be at all surprised to see him running on through horses as the fierce early pace takes its toll on the leaders.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

One of my favourite sprints of the season, I whole heartedly recommend anyone paying for the Duchess Stand or better to see this race which is worth the admission alone if you can get right up on the rails and witness the sheer power, force and momentum of these thoroughbreds.

ps.

watch out for the lumps of flying turf coming your way!

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

Mr W: I totally agree, it is a true spectacle although sad that you need a high draw to have a proper winning chance due to the camber!

A: I cannot have Indian Trail though, far too old nowadays but one thing you missed off was that when he did win the Dash he broke the course record :)

Good luck though mate

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1944

I smell a plot with Sohraab. Is he likely to get a run? Dropping down the ratings, and looked primed for a return to form when (unfortunately(!!))running up nearly every horses backside lto, and getting dropped another 2lb in the process.

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

Chief: Without doubt he will get a run as he is no 22 on the list and 20 may run. The sprint trainers (Dandy/Fahey) have numerous entries but they will not all run, they will have them entered for ground conditions mate.

He will love the ground BUT has never encountered the camber at Epsom which takes some getting used to at speed!

Good luck though and Hughie is firing at present mate

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

Anyone know when the draws are made for Epsoms races?

Thanks

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4104

Masta Plasta drawn 2 again
    :(

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4104

Dandy Nicholls’ other 5 runners all drawn high

11 – Strike Up The Band
    12 – Falasteen
    14 – Crimea
    16 – Indian Trail
    17 – Fathom Five

I think you can consider yourself a bit unlucky there GDC

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

David: Lost on Group Therapy but my main bet is now on Strike Up The Band after listening to Kingfisher mate so happy with 11, got 25s and 20s so hopefully will get a run for my money.

Captain Dunne from 9 is the danger to them all now as he without doubt is the ‘class’ horse of the race.

Sohraab extremely unlucky to get 1 and poor old Masta Plasta from 2 again :D

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1973

Masamah and Captain Dunne coupled for me.

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

JJM: As stated i like the chances of Captain Dunne but i would be extremely wary of touching anything that Kevin Ryan sends to Epsom, i am not 100% positive but i think his record is one win from his last 35 runners! It may even be just one placed come to think of it mate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.