Dash 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dash 2018

This topic contains 32 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2001

Love this race. The fastest 5 furlongs in racing.

Was very impressed with Amomentofmadness in the all-weather championships final. He showed a real speedy cruising speed but had that ability to quicken off the pace. That should be a major asset for this race.

He ran again at Chester this week and I hoped to see him run well and he bolted up. He’s run well in the Dash previously but, to my eyes, looks an improved horse this year and I feel the 20/1 is worth taking.

He’s entered in the race and this has been his target for a little while as it was mentioned earlier this season. The owners want a runner on Derby day according to the trainer.

As for the rest of the notable entries:
    – Dark Shot heads the market after rattling home on the rail last year for a close second. He has looked out of sorts since and is surely worth taking on. 12/1
    – Caspian Prince is a three time winner of this race. He loves to bowl along up front and the downhill 5f plays to his strengths. Can’t rule him out but he will want lightning quick ground. Probbly not an antepost proposition for that reason. 14/1
    – Blue De Vega I think has still got plenty to come and is classy on his day. He’d be a danger if turning up. 14/1
    – Duke Of Firenze ran well in the Abbaye over in France last year and has gone well in this before, like a fair few of these entered. Clearly loves the race but is generally an inconsistent sort and he will be high in the weights. 16/1

Amomentofmadness @ 20/1

viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 246

That’s an outstanding price. I’m in, will be half the price on race-day. Thanks MoM.
    As every year, I will also have a bet on Caspian Prince.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3464

Good price with the madness guys :good: :good:

I have backed two in this MAJOR JUMBO at 14/1 because if it turns up I think it will be favourite!!

And a left field one called SHAMSHON at 25/1 which I don’t think will get in but if it does this race will suit and was unlucky at the tack two runs ago!!

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2001

Unsurprisingly, Betfair and Paddy Power have cut him into 12s now.

Skybet best price at 14s still.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

I had a good look at this last night whilst bored watching the Europa League final.

Boom The Groom is very well handicapped on his best form and this very strong pace will suit him. Should have at least been second LTO when he was stuck behind a wall of horses until late. 16s e/w with Hills is more than fair.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2001

Last years unlucky second ran a stormy today in second behind El Astronaute. The latter would relish this race.

The former has been out of sorts since Epsom last year and when getting upsides the winner, surely ought to have won. I’d want to be on the winner today of the two personally if they both ran in the Dash.

Good shout with Boom the Groom Kev. He’s won I just can’t catch right.

The more I look at it, the more I fancy A Amomentofmadness. For a handicap sprint, I can see myself having quite a chunk on him by the time the race starts.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

El Astronaute isn’t entered for this, going to Musselburgh next. Just in case anyone was scratching their heads at his absence.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2001

Cheers for that Kev. Hadn’t realised he wasn’t entered. Strange decision that.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2001

Skybet have A Momentofmadness at 14s still so I’ve topped up on him again.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13715

I went for A Momentofmadness the minute the race was priced up, and the 20’s was mad. One of my favourite horses on the flat. Hard to believe he’s only a 5yo, feel as if I’ve been banging on about for him years. I’ve mentioned before that he could cope with company outside of handicaps, but for that to happen, he has to go close here off of 99. A quiet spell for me just now, but he was a fairly big bet.

Boom The Groom is another old favourite of mine, and he’s done me a few favours over the years. Smashing horse, and kicking myself for not taking the 16’s Kev. I may add him on the day, though there’s a few others who could be third string, not least Caspian Prince or Pettochside.

One horse who I like at a price is Midnight Malibu. She’s way down the bottom, but I have a feeling she might just make it, and hoping she gets declared on Monday. Draw could be crucial, and I’d like to see her grab the rail if possible. She’s better than a 25-1 shot, and was happy with her last run.

A Momentofmadness 20’s Each Way
    Midnight Malibu 25’s Each Way

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2001

He’s a big bet for me too VTC. Will be at Epsom both days this year and am hoping and expecting him to be entered tomorrow.

20s really was madness. He’s looked a really good horse this year both at Chester and at Lingfield on finals day. At 5 years old and now being able to last the 5f trip, his cruising speed should have him up with the pace all the way in the Dash.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Equimou if far too big at 25/1 with SkyBet.

Last run at Newmarket – Beaten 1.5L, only getting 3Lbs off Judicial & Alpha Delphini (both rated 105 to his 95) and levels with the winner Mabs Cross who ran really well behind very good horses at the weekend.
    Off 100 I think he’s possibly still slightly ahead of the handicapper and looks on the improve.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1813

Equimou for me also kev @27s, i liked his return.

Amomentofmadness set to miss the race, heading to france.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 672

I am really annoyed Charlie Hills is sending A Momentofmadness into group company and not the dash. Took 16’s and 14’s

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 672

Worth noting as well that Equimou was slowest away that day and would have likely placed had it not been for the poor start.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.