Darren's Sports Bets 2018

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2018

This topic contains 454 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 455 total)
  • Author

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

ISPS……Originally called the Lisps open,Chris Eubanks was the honoury starter, took two hours to get the first three ball away,something had to change.

Adam Bland 100/1….rumoured to be the illegitimate son of another tour player,hobbies include ironing all his scorecards.

Zander Lombard 270/1….Known hay fever sufferer with aversion to short grass,looking at his overall accuracy,no surprise to hear its been very well controlled these past few years.

Nathan Holman 400/1…..Spends most of the year digging trenches in the outback,judging by his putting stats, could do with a few of them on the greens this week.

Adam Blythe…..670/1 Part of the famous seafaring family,spends 11 months of the year out at sea,drops anchor here for customary two days a year.

Garrick Porteous……610/1 Nicknamed twoplustwo on tour,caddie has gps,sonar,satellite dish built into bag.

As ever confidence sky high,all returned from practice round with at least one ball,cant wait :bye:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4404

AT&T Pebble Beach

Rory McIlroy 11/1 (11/1 1st round leader Spyglass Hill)

As Betvictor have just got McIlroy in double figures for this, he just scrapes into
    my criteria as I’m not keen on single figure odds at the start of a tournament. He’s
    not one I’ve backed a great deal, superb player that he is, most commonly because
    previously he was nearly always favourite. He’s gone through a lean spell for him,
    if you can call numerous top 10 finishes “lean”, but we were used to him seemingly
    winning at will a couple of years back. I think he’s fast approaching that level again,
    which his runner up in the Dubai Desert Classic and his 3rd in the Abu Dhabi in his
    last 2 starts clearly indicate. If he’s back to his best, and at 40 under for his last
    8 rounds he can’t be far off, then I think he has a terrific chance.

Patrick Cantlay 40/1 7 places Skybet (14/1 1st round leader at
    Monterey Peninsula)

Cantlay had been threatening to burst into the winners enclosure for some time now,
    with a string of top 20 finishes last year, and managed to get his head in front in
    the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open last November. He took a year end break after
    that, and came back out last month with a decent T15 in the Sentry Tournament. Fairly
    average last time out in the Farmers, but with the win under his belt, and that monkey
    off his back I think he can compete here. I’ll be very disappointed if he isn’t right
    up there on Sunday. He’s a young improving player who’s going places.

That’s me for this week, best of luck chaps :good:

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

AT@T…..Running short on time,as usual.

Brandt Snedeker 55 win
    Matt Jones 350 EW (5 PL)
    Brian Gay 340 EW (5 PL)
    Sangmoon Bae 500/1 EW (7 PL)
    Stephan Jaegar 400/1 EW (7 PL)

GL ALL

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4404

I was counting 300 quid with Cantlay at 14s for 1st round leader at Monterey
    Pininsula, he was outright leader there at 6 under, but dropped a shot late on.
    I thought then that I was going to at least get a 3 way tie for that at 5 under,
    only for Aaron Wise (who ?? :unsure: ) to sink a late birdie to take the lead
    on his own. Not to worry, he’s still sitting nicely just 2 shots off the lead
    and Mcilroy is a further 1 shot back, along with Rahm for Darren and Raymo, and
    Kirk for Raymo. Good luck with Jaegar Flyers, he’s another 4 under and is outplaying
    his 400/1 odds :good:

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

Close BigG….thought you had at least a tie late on,frustrating getting chinned.

Jaegar is interesting,served his apprenticeship on the webb,looking back at his record,he plays well on low scoring courses,hence the pick this week with length not a priority.As with Sangmoon,the time to get them may be at one of the lesser events,same week as a WGC,still catching up with last years webb qualifiers,can be a lucrative punting angle early in the season.

Aussie Roo-lette getting interesting,we have 5 in the top twenty between us,at the half way cut.Olesen leading the way for BigG,Raymo has two tucked in at -4,Lombard and Captain Blyth hovering.

Looking at highlights,wind got up there,strengthening as the day progressed,no surprise if a few on the cut mark can take advantage round 3,all we need is to make the top 24,top 8 would be ideal,but long way to go.

Same story stateside,if the wind blows all 3 can become nightmare courses,again all we are looking for is to be in the mix come saturday cut.

GL Guys.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Rahm best hope in final day at Pebble not feel Mickleson have a good final round.And how you guys think final round go.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4404

If I’m honest Darren, I think this is Johnson’s to lose, if he plays his A game I think
    he’ll romp home. However, I’m not interested in 4/5 and at the odds there is just half a
    chance that that Rahm could hit a low round, and just a small chance that Johnson stands
    still. I hope you man does it Darren, for both you and Raymo, I’ve stuck 30 quid on him
    with Bet365 at 10/1 for a bit of interest as Cantlay is too far back, and the least said
    the better about McIlroy. I don’t know what has happened to McIlroy, he was going along
    well enough after the 1st round, but after his double bogey in his 2nd half of the 2nd
    round, you could see his head go down and he added a further 2 bogies, one after the other,
    at the end of his round. His 3rd round shows exactly where his game is at at the moment,
    5 birdies and 5 bogies. Until he shows some consistency I’m not touching him with a barge
    pole.

I thought I had a shout with Olesen down under and was a bit gutted in his knock
    out match when he was 1 up with 2 to go, and lost both :wacko:
    Here’s hoping Rahm can do the three of us a turn tonight, although I’m more hopeful
    than confident.

Flyers, your man Jaegars has started and is 1 under for it after 5 at 8 under and
    Bae is also 1 under for his round, also at 8 under. I hope they pick up a few more
    and might get into the e/w money. At 400/1 and 500/1 7 places that would do very nicely :good:

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by BigG BigG.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Tennis bets this week

ALEXANDER ZVEREV 11/1 To win ATP Ambro open

First 500 event of season and Federer turn up here i take him on with rising young star from Germany.While the opener with Ferrer not ideal match to start.Get past him not many to fear in quarter until a last 4 meeting with Federer who i think can beat.

DIEGO SCHWARTZMAN 8/1 To win ATP Argentina open

Coming home he is and loves clay and while fave who is Thiem be hard to beat i think Dominic look at Copa claro next week.He be more fresher than rivals in his half like Ramos and Carreno Busta and think can win in his homeland

KEVIN ANDERSON 9/2 To win ATP New york open

Big serving South African player not had best of starts to season lost to Kyle Edmund 1st round at oz open.But this event can find his form back question marks over Nishikori and Isner getting on.Think Anderson win here

SIMONA HALEP 10/1 To win WTA Qatar open

She won here before and had enough time to get over her defeat to Wozniacki in oz open final.This week has some easy matches early on though Osaka could test her.Keys look toughest rival in her draw with Muguruza not found form yet.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4404

It’s going to need a bloody miracle now, Rahm just bogied the 1st :wacko:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Bets for Genesis open

THOMAS PIETERS 50/1

This course to me has a Augusta style look to it do you agree Flyers.And back to my main bet here last year was 2nd here but people forget he a course winner here won here in College days in 2012.He has started well this season in Dubai events.Can win 1st PGA event

OLLIE SCHNIEDERJANS 50/1

Was 9th here last year and show he can handle a course like this and has gone onto better things even though still not a tour winner he is getting close gave Stenson a fright at Wyndham was 3rd at Phoniex open to.

BUBBA WATSON 50/1

A two time winner here and dual masters winner this course is perfect for him and he loves it here and not been in great form.But did ok at Pebble beach and show up well at Phoniex open so starting find form.No better place for him than here to win again

CAMERON SMITH 100/1

Aussie players do well here Scott has won here Leishman got form here as well.And no reason why Smith go well here.Won 1st event in Australian pga not win a title on his own on PGA tour.Won a pairs event last year.And see him going well here.

AARON WISE 150/1

This a very good young player i know BigG not heard of him but if he remember i put him up as one to follow for new season in last year thread.He can take a shine here Wise a big hitter with good putting stroke on him of big prices one i like.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Bets for OMAN Open

CLEMENT SORDETT 66/1

This course be new for european tour players but not those who been on challenge tour.And Sordett won here last year while done ok on European tour a return here will be like coming home and french players do well here.He can win here again

THOMAS DETRY 35/1

Only a matter of time before he wins on tour been knocking on the door and think it be very soon.He not play well here few years ago.But will return here a better player.Has decent form in dubai events and think can go close here.

ALEXANDER BJORK 50/1

Few years ago at halfway stage was in 2nd place at this course before dropping away at weekend but those 2rounds showed can handle this layout.And Bjork like a few others i mention is getting close to a win on tour

AARON RAI 80/1

One of the stars of challenge tour last year he was and done ok so far on European tour he play at US open last year as well.And i think can take well to this course this week

Raymo,Flyers and BigG good luck this week

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

Hi Darren
    Frustrating weekend for all our selections,3 of us went out in the aussie play off at the first stage,just to cap it off I got up at 03-45 early hours sunday morning,to find Lombard was already done 3 and2….nice!

Pebble again….you guys with Rahm,gay for me went close until final 5 holes,onwards.

Riviera one of my favourite tracks,quick look through recent history,players like Choi,Na and Haas to name just a few,suggest that the average hitters can compete.This also has one of my favourite holes,the 10th hole at 315 yds looks a pushover,the design is masterful,anything from a 2 to a 6 is possible.

Similar to Augusta in the fact its tree lined,and hilly in places,the problem we have as punters is where do we rate Augusta in the grand scheme of things?Historically Augusta main defence has been the greens,sadly due to the weather in florida,hard to remember the last time we saw them lightening quick.My theory right now,find the worst putter on tour,and your on your way,Garcia,Rose,Scott and Watson,clueless on the greens yet have either won or gone close recently.

The Pga tour has become lopsided,the power side is way too dominant,for players like Zach Johnson,Stricker,many others,they have absolutely no chance on probably 50% courses.The need for accuracy off the tee has become a thing of the past,unless they start putting in deterrents,like proper bunkering,rough,out of bounds,it is very much in danger of losing its appeal.Distance is a skill,no doubt,but at the moment many of the older courses are being overpowered,as the modern day ball goes so much further.This is not new,Tiger was hitting driver and 8 iron onto the par 5 15th Augusta, back in 2000.

Waiting for a few to be matched,something that may be of interest going forward,very readable

http://www.sundogsgolfworld.com

Catch up later in week,good luck with those D

Sassoon1990
    Sassoon1990
    Participant
    • Total Posts 54

Alright chaps,

Great read Flyers. I’ve seen quite a few going Pieters for this one, guess it’s due to his length and top recent form.

I’ll have a little each way on him and back Jason Day as he looks like he’s getting back to his best and we know what he’s capable of when he peaks!

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

Oman Open
    Berndt Ritthammer 160
    R Gouveia 100
    L Bjerragard 110
    Daniel Im 400
    Z Lombard 230
    Soomin Lee 260

First time here for main tour,challenge tour been coming here for a while.Looking at scores,they vary enormously,suggesting this is a track where conditions can play a big role,course looks open and plenty agua.
    The first 4 above have some sort form here,and last pair have shown glimmers of form last few weeks,minimal investment here,no surprise if this goes to complete rag.Missed a few decent prices earlier in week,as ever looking to make the cut first,onwards from there.

Hi Sassoon….Pieters has the potential to go as far as he wants,IMO what separates those at the top is that desire to be completely driven by success,they all have the game on any given day.

Pieters.Mc’Illroy,Rahm,Spieth,Thomas to name a few,for me they all have the timeform squiggle,toys can easily be thrown at any given point,which makes them risky when they go off at cramped odds.All can take a field apart,as mentioned earlier,I tend to judge them on the really tough tracks,where par may be a good score,lots of the modern day players struggle when they have to grind it out,just my opinion.

Struggling to get matched Genesis,will leave that as late as poss.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3286

Hi Guys last week was ultimately disappointing after looking good for a few of us!!

Oh well onwards and upwards to a new venue in Oman and same old same old in the states!!

NBO OMAN OPEN

Richie Ramsay 40/1
    Thomas Aiken 100/1 ( If he comes back to anything like his old form the price is HUGE!!)
    Clement Sorden 50/1 (Has won on this course)
    Chris Hanson 100/1

GENESIS OPEN

Mark Leishman 40/1
    Rafa Cabrera Bello 80/1
    Brandon Grace 50/1
    Kevin Chappell 50/1

Good Luck guys and welcome to our gang sassoon :good: :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 455 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.