Darren's Sports Bets 2018

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2018

This topic contains 356 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 10 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4119

Exactly my thoughts Darren, that would have been a cracking 1st round bet on
    Ancer. I hope he keeps it up mate, 300/1 would be the best bet any of us have
    had so far this year. I wish you luck :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4336

See De Chambeau in lead mate for you look like my best hope be B AN at 80/1 and start round 4 early today because of weather.

J Smith and Poulter best chances in Italy unless Noren and Fritteli can hit big rounds today

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4119

Good luck with Smith and Poulter, they aren’t too far back and in with a real shout. Molinari
    is the favourite, and probably should be, but I think the bookies are dismissing Slattery too
    easily. He wouldn’t need to repeat his round of 62 to win so the 7/1 is quite a decent price
    for him going into the final round as leader. I’ve had a nibble at that as my 2 are dead and
    buried.

I hope DeChambeau can hold on tonight, I was kicking myself for missing the start and his
    50/1 odds, but as I said before I took him at 28/1 when he was 2 up after 5 holes in the
    1st round. He then went and bogied the next hole and went out to 33s with Betvictor, so I
    took that too to make up for missing the 50/1. I’ll be well in if he can hold on. Your man
    Byeong Hun An is only 2 back, he’s not out of it by a long shot. 80/1 looks huge as he’s
    best priced 10/1. Obviously I hope my man holds on, but if he falls by the wayside I’ll
    shout your man on if he’s up there.

I see Raymo has Cabrera Bello, who’s only 2 off the lead in the Italian. Good luck with
    him Raymo, it would be great if we could all come out of this week with some cash coming
    back. Here’s hoping guys :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3166

Both tournaments have an interesting last round look to them!!

Hope we can all have a cop!!

Rafa needs to have a good round to win in Italy for me and either Moore or Scott needs a wonder round to win for me in the US :wacko:

But we all have some sort of chance I hope!!
    Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4119

They are on the play-off hole and DeChambeau is the only one on the fairway. He had a
    putt to win outright at the 18th and cash out was £290 for £20 at 28/1. I didn’t take it
    and regretted it, but now he’s on the fairway and he’s fav so again I’m offered £295.
    Because I have £20 at 33/1 with BV I’ve taken the £295, as I’ve still got the BV bet
    running. At least I’m getting something, I hope he can hold on this time

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4119

Well he did hold on, and whilst I’m really pleased, I’m also gutted for you
    Darren. Your guy An, after a bad start played a great round. I thought maybe
    DeChambeau had blown it after he missed that 8 footer on the 72nd, and although
    he made hard work of it (he had every chance to win the 1st play off hole too)
    he finally got over the line. After taking the cash-out on the Bet365 part of
    my bet I would have been happy enough to settle for that if your man had won at
    80/1. Well done anyway, he was a cracking e/w shout.

I hope you got a bit of a e/w return with Cabrera Bello Raymo, it’s good that we
    all got some cash back again. Go the TRF golf team :yahoo:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3166

TOP STUFF Graham :good: :good: It was tight in the end and bad luck Darren.

At least we all got a few quid back and it looks like we are still banging in the good picks.

Well done Guys :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4336

Well done Raymo with RCB

Well done BigG on De chambeau though my guy 2nd nice ew bet still gutted i am lose on playoff like that not best of way

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4336

On french open thread here still got 3 outright bets in latter stages so hope a Theim,Muguruza or Kasatkina can win it

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4336

No bets at shot clock event but bets for St jude classic instead

BROOKS KOEPKA 11/1

Have to say suprise see price as big as 11/1 been 3rd and 2nd here last 3 years.Come back from wrist injury and play well at Sawgrass a closing 63.Then follow that up with 2nd behind Rose at Colinal.A course that not suited his big hitting game.And think be man to beat

JOAQUIM NIEMANN 40/1

Over last 18 months seen many high class young players on tour from Jon Rahm to Aaron Wise and this kid looks every inch a star in making after 6 starts on tour had 3 top tens best showing last week at Memorial when 6th.Had dodgy weekend but that was to be expected but if in with chance again i doubt he chuck it away.If big names looking at next week US open this kid can win this week.

PETER UIHELN 40/1

Took time for him to settle into life on tour but look like starting to click now was 5th at Memorial last week and Wells fargo.And though making debut at course think go well.

AUSTIN COOK 150/1

This was 1st event made his name was 13th in 2014 and 4 years on improved so much now he a PGA Tour winner won RSM classic and while recent form not great this young talent be happy coming back here

WESLEY BRYAN 200/1

Recent form not been great but get a feeling he can pop when you expect it from him course this week has a link with Valspar a event was 7th last year and feel like he can do ok this week

Good luck BigG and raymo this week

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4119

Shot Clock Masters

This is a bit bizarre, the format gives penalties and deducts shots if you take
    more than the stipulated time for each shot. I was going to give it a complete
    miss, I’ll probably wish I had, and it is probably the worst field of any tournament
    this year. Anyway, somebody has to win it, even if it is the equivalent of an egg
    and spoon race.

Lee Slattery 22/1 (35/1 1st round leader market)

When Migel Angel Jimenez (no harm to Migel who I’ve always liked) at 54 years old is
    2nd favourite for this, it gives an idea of the calibre on offer. However, Slattery
    gave a good account of himself last week in the Italian Open going into the last
    as leader. He finished 3rd but didn’t blow it with a 67, but unfortunately for him
    Oleson stormed home with a 64 and Milinari with a 65. Admittedly his form prior to
    that is nothing to write home about, but at least he’s going into this in decent
    form and hopefully with his confidence high. I’d settle for his 3rd round 62 last
    week in the 1st round here.

Austin Connelly 60/1 (55/1 1st round leader market)

I’m simply not going to find anyone in here that’s in riveting great form, but at least
    he’s got age on his side and is, as they say, open to improvement. He did quite well
    in the Trophee Hassan a couple of months back, finishing T13, but it was his last two
    rounds in the Sicilian open last month, where he finished 64,65 for T11 which did catch
    my eye at the time. I know Darren likes him a lot and put him up at big odds in the BMW
    PGA a couple of weeks back……Darren knows how to spot them so that’s good enough for
    me :good:

I’ll get my St Jude Classic bets on in the morning.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4119

St Jude Classic

Brooks Kopka 9/1 (20/1 1st round leader market)

I don’t normally include anyone in single figures, but I just can’t get away
    from the chances of Kopka winning this. Darren has already made the case for
    him and I couldn’t have put it better myself. I was obviously a bit later
    getting my bet on, well done Darren getting 11s, the best that was on offer
    when I put my bet on was 9s. I think William Hill are taking a big chance
    offering 20/1 for him in the 1st round betting.

Joaquin Niemann 45/1 (boosted by Ladbrokes from 40/1) (45/1 1st round leader)

I might as well have copy and pasted Darren’s post on this competition as my
    first two are exactly the same. I don’t think that has ever happened before
    but it means we can both celebrate when we’ve won :yahoo:
    Again, I can’t put much more than Darren’s written other than I think this
    teenager could be a rising star.

Charles Howell III 50/1 (50/1 1st round leader market)

At least this is one that Darren hasn’t already posted up. I think Howell is a
    player who should have won more than he has. He’s been steady this year, he’s had
    3 top 10s and although it didn’t work out too well for him last week at the Memorial,
    he looked in very decent form the week before at the Byron Nelson with 4 rounds in
    the 60s, his last 2 being 65 and 66. I think he has the all round game that would
    suit here, so at 50/1 he’s worth a shot.

That’s me for this week, good luck with yours Darren, and it looks like Raymo has
    gone AWOL, Maybe he’ll pop up with an in-play bet. Good luck if you do Raymo :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3166

Sorry guys world got in the way again!! I have been in sunny Manc land for three days and only got back today!!

No bets on Shot Clock but had a very quick look in St Jude

R BLAUM 28/1
    S APPLEBY 100/1
    W McGIRT 100/1
    R GARRIGUS 100/1

All five places with PP and as I say only had a quick look.

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3166

Thiem in the final Darren :good: :good:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18602

From Darren

N Kyrigios 8/1 ATP Mercedes cup.He coming back from injury but he loves grass not be untill he face Lopez or Troicki in QF where face a tricky rival and could beat Federer in Semi final. DANNI MEDVEDEV 14/1 ATP Libena open He got Bhambri up 1st should win that while grass lovers like Karlovic in half he a younger guy can come past him and make final. ASLEIGH BARTY 11/2 WTA Nature valley open She lost in a grass court final to Kvitova last year she acts well on surface with pressure on Konta from local press.Her draw looks fine to only N Osaka looks a danger to her in her draw. ALISON RISKE 16/1 WTA Libena open Has tough draw with Belinda Bencic,Coco Vanderwedge and Anett Kontavelt in same half with her.But selection is a grass court expert and could beat any of them this week.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 357 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.