Darren's Sports Bets 2018

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2018

This topic contains 498 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 4 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

Belgian Knockout

As Raymo said, it’s the inaugural running of this event, so there’s not much
    course form to go on, although obviously Pieters has an advantage in that respect
    as he played here a lot in the juniors. I think he will have a lot on his mind this
    week, as his family is heavily involved in the running of the tournament and for that
    reason I’m missing him out.

Adrian Otaegui 28/1 (40/1 1st round leader)

I think this format will suit Otaegui, he’s a winner of the Paul Laurie Match
    Play last year, and he’s bang in form having finished 2nd in the Volvo China Open
    on his last outing, and finishing with a couple of 67s.

Aaron Rai 40/1 (55/1 1st round leader)

He’s young and he’s yet to hit the mark on the Tour, but he’s playing some
    very decent and consistent golf having 4 top 20 finishes in his last 6
    tournaments. Nearly all of the big guns normally seen on the tour have
    decided to give this one a miss, which can only improve his chances.

Erik Van Rooyen 50/1 (50/1 1st round leader)

He’s a big hitting South African who went close at the tail, end of last year
    when finishing 2nd in the Joburg Open. Like Rai he’s yet to hit the mark on the
    European Tour, but he is a winner on the Challenge tour and he’s had a couple
    of good finishes this year, 10th in the Tshwane Open and T7 in the Trophee
    Hassan last month. I think he has a decent shout here and 50/1 seems generous
    to me.

I’ll stick my Byron Nelson bets up in the morning (or later tonight if I can
    keep my eyes open). Good luck guys, I take it your giving this one a miss
    Darren. You’re probably the wisest one of the 3 of us in that case :wacko:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1984

Had a small bet on Matsuyama for the golf this week. First non major I’ve had a bet on in a long time for golf.

With my last bet Reed in the masters, hopefully Matsuyama can follow suit.

Saw he was 20/1 and thought it was a touch on the big side.

Hideki Matsuyama @ 20/1

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

Yeah Big no euro bet this week but look at Web.com event instead BMW Pro AM

SUN JAE IM 16/1

He is the money leader on web.com he is ranked 96 in world for a player on tour below main one that is impressive he be on PGA tour next season where think make bigger impact.Was 2nd last week can go one place better on this different course

WYNDHAM CLARK 25/1

Best season of carear so far by him only worry for him is he gets going on a sunday last few weeks been in brilliant form but seem to fly home on sundays if can do better early on in round.Recent form figures are
    2-3

ROBBY SHELTON 66/1

Is one of best young players out there he is i rate him very highly.While since return to Web he had no top tens i think event like this see him do better than shown this season

LUKE GUTHRIE 200/1

This a guy few years ago had high hopes very good player but not worked out the way he would of liked it got stacks of good form on PGA tour but since going back to web not been in best of form.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

We’re away for a few days, up in Anstruther, and just back in time to stick a
    couple on before the off. I’m about to head back out so I’ll just name them
    without much summary.

AT&T Byron Nelson

Jimmy Walker 20/1 (30/1 1st round leader)

He looks back to being at the top of his game.

Aaron Wise 40/1 (55/1 1st round betting)

Looked good last time out in the Wells Fargo.

I’m off….good luck guys :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

HYEOUNG CHUNG 8/1 To win ATP Lyon open

With French open a week away think be a few shocks but for me feel Thiem is there to be took on with and Cheung who good player on clay ideal for his game can win it.Monfils for me only danger to him in half of draw.Can win it

LUCIE SAFAROVA 14/1 To win WTA Stratsbourg open

Like with mens event there be shocks galore but feel she a class act in field like and draw not look all that hard for her as not big names here who could cause her problems.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

Not been up to date with event in Belguim so no idea how it going

BigG see you got Wise from start level with Leishman my bets no chance by the look of it

But got better luck in Web.com Charity pro am because Robby Shelton is joint leader going into final day

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

I’ve got Otaegui in the Belguim Knockout Darren, he’s just won his semi and he’s
    into the final with Herbert. I was swithering what to do, my cash out on Otaegui
    was £303.81 and he’s the 4/6 favourite. Aaron Wise’s cash out at this point is £227.66.
    I’ve not done Otaegui e/w, I had him on the nose at 28/1, and Herbert played the best
    semi final round at 3 under. So before a ball is struck in the final between the pair
    i’ve taken the £303 for Otaegui as there’s no guarantee he’ll win.

I’m going to let the bet with Wise run and hope he can get his head in front of Leishman,
    I could have done without his last hole bogey last night when he was the outright leader
    at 18 under. My other runner, Jimmy Walker had an even worse finish, with a double bogey
    at the 18th when he was just 3 off the leaders score. I’ll be happy if he can stay in the
    money, he’s 5 back T5 at 12 under and probably too far back to catch them.

Good luck with Shelton tonight Darren :good:

Raymo, I was hoping that Campillo wouldn’t be drawn against Otaegui until the final,
    and we would both have had a chance, but it didn’t work out that way. I think he was
    the main danger to my man, and I was relieved to get past him. You’ve done well of
    late mate, I’m sure you’ll be back on the winning track next week :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

Well, as Sod’s law would have it, Otaegui went on to win. Having said that, I
    don’t regret taking the cash out, I didn’t have him e/w so I could have ended up
    with bugger all, and £303 isn’t to be sniffed at and he was one behind after 3 in
    a 9 hole play-off. Hopefully Wise can do as well tonight.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

Well done mate but get the feeling wish not cashed out

And Shelton gone behind here in final day mate 2 off lead now Guthrie a outside chance but needs to get move on to

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

STAN WAWRINKA 5/1 To win ATP Geneva open

Come back from injury last week went out 1st round that took rust off him for this week he won this event before and am sure know doubt win French open next week.So focus more here of winning on home soil.Donaldson or Istomin be 1st up after that see Ramos Vinolas as likely foe in QF.But see Stan beating rivals here

KATARINA SINIKOVA 16/1

She likes clay while few her rivals in draw not like it much like Watson who could go out early here and her draw is fine for decent run in this event

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

I wouldn’t have minded the extra cash with Otaegui Darren, but I would do the same again
    in the same circumstances. With Wise joint leader for tonight (if it starts) I felt it was
    better to get something in the bank, so a certain £330 as opposed to a 50/50 chance of £580
    (with no e/w place safety net) won the day. I’ve lost a couple of big returns recently by not
    cashing out, the worst being last week when I had £20 in-play on Steve Stricker at 66/1 in the
    1st round betting. I should have taken the £600 cash out when he was joint leader but trading at
    1/2 with a relatively easy par 5 ahead of him, but I hung on and lost the lot :wacko:
    You pays your money, you takes your choice…..as they say B-)

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

I’m not taking the cash out route tonight, but with Wise 4 clear with
    7 to go it’s over £400. The win at 15 e/w would be over £700 so instead
    I’ve stuck £50 on Leishman at 15/2 and another 20 at 8/1. I don’t think
    any of the others can catch up so I’m not bothered now who wins, as long
    as it’s one of those two.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

Well done BigG on Aaron Wise at 40/1 very happy for you i remember early in year you said who this Wise chap and had to remind you was a player i thought win this season bit like Rahm and Paratore a player talk about before but not on them for there 1st win.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

Cheers Darren, and you are spot on, he’s not a player I was very aware of until you
    highlighted him. Cheers for that mate :good:

It’s been a good week for me with Otaegui winning in Belguim, and both Walker and
    Wise getting the place money in the 1st round betting. Walker made the place money
    again in the outright, but Wise was the cherry on the cake. I’m more than happy
    with that little lot :yahoo:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3377

WELL DONE G :good: :good: :good: TOP STUFF MATE :good: :good:

And I think I would have cashed out on the win only too!!

I managed to get Grace placed so got a few quid back for that but super stuff backing both winners!!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.