The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Good luck today with Rahm Darren, I reckon he will be too strong for Haas and he
    should get to the final. That was a good shout at 13/2, he’s best priced 9/4 at
    the moment.

I’ve got Tanihara at 33/1 e/w, so if he can get through today I have a winning bet.
    The only problem I have is that he’s drawn against DJ. If DJ plays his A game, I
    have no chance, I’m just hoping he has a bit of an off day, although I will say that
    Tanihara has been playing some really good golf. His 7 birdies against Fisher was
    some round. I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but I know he’s up against it.

Good luck with Rahm today :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Rahm 1up vs Haas mate after 13holes while DJ only 1up after good luck to you

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Rahm just lost by one in final with DJ a shame that was and no luck in Puerto rico.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Shelf Houston open is final event before the masters and those bets coming up soon.But as BigG and Raymo who hope see back here soon.Will remember last year i said i not have a bet before us open what happens Daniel Berger is a 50/1 winner and all 3 were on Berger a week before or a few weeks before so i not make that mistake again.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

RICKIE FOWLER 16/1 Win Houston open

He did right thing by missing matchplay last week and come here fresh and ready for event.Was 10th last year here and enjoys playing here.Already a winner this season in Honda classic can win another trophy on sunday.

RUSSEL HENLEY 33/1

He loves this event was 5th last year and in 2015 only 2shots off playoff.He return back to form in Valspar where he was 9th.And can go well this week at a layout he adores.

DANIEL BERGER 40/1

Has a dodgy shoulder injury but hope it not bad for him last year won 1st title of carear and i think go well at Augusta in a weeks time.But enjoys playing here to was 5th like Henley and slowy starting to come back into form.

CAMERON SMITH 150/1

We know the aussie players love Texas which make Adam Scott a danger am going with younger one instead.Smith is a fine young talent while his form this season not the best.A return to Texas can see him bounce back into form.

HUNTER MAHAN 500/1

Won this event in 2012 no shock in that was a top player.But fell a lot in the rankings but though midfield in Puerto Rico was better than previous events where been missing cuts.This event can have a big price winner.A return to this course may spring him back into life.

BigG and Raymo any bets this week.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Absolutely no luck for us this week Darren. I had Tanihara in the semi final
    against DJ and at half the odds he would have been a 16/1 winner had he won
    the semi match. He was 3 down and I thought he was out, but got it back to level
    and I thought he might just pull it off. Just like your round with Rahm, it went
    to the final hole to decide the outcome. We had no luck pal, but got a good run
    for our money. We deserve better this week :good:

I’m sifting through the Houston Open at the moment and I’ll put up my choices
    later today or tomorrow. I hope Raymo comes back to join us soon :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Shell Houston Open

HENRIK STENSON 14/1

I think this is the perfect pre Masters tournament for Stenson. He’s very much
    at home here, he’s competed in 5, never missed the cut and finished 2nd twice.
    He’s in fine form this year, 8th in the Abu Dhabi and 2nd in the Dubai Desert
    Classic last month, and T7 in the Valspar 2 weeks back. Slipped up a little in
    the Arnold Palmer last time out, but I think he’ll be happier on this course.
    My 1st round bets haven’t gone too well of late, but at 22/1 I think he’s worth
    staking a few quid.

RUSSELL HENLY 33/1

Russell is another, like Stenson, who takes well to this course. His record
    round here out of 4 appearances is 3 top 10 finishes including 4th and T5
    last year. He’s not been exactly setting the heather alight of late, although
    T9 in the Valspar earlier this month wasn’t a bad effort. I think his game
    improves round here so he’s worth a chance. He’s not a prolific low scorer,
    but at 50/1 5 places in the 1st round betting I might risk a small stake.

RETIEF GOOSEN 200/1

This is a very risky choice, hence his 200/1 odds. Goosen in his day used to be
    a class act, but if truth is told he’s been a shadow of his former self of late.
    This year has been a procession of missed cuts, but he really impressed me last
    week in the Puerto Rico Open. He looked like the Goosen of old, and put in 4 very
    good rounds to finish T2, in particular his finishing round of 64 was superb. I’m
    hoping he might hang onto that kind of form going into this and would be over the
    moon if he could scrape a place.

That will do me for this week, I’m looking forward to next week’s Masters. My ante
    posts haven’t really got me extra odds, Spieth and Matsuyama are just about the same
    odds I took, but Day has been disappointing and the 10/1 I took is half the odds you
    can pick up now 🙁

Your 4 picks for next week are all below the odds you got Darren, well done, and the 16/1 you
    took for DJ is absolutely HUGE!! now :yahoo:

Good luck this week Darren, and maybe Raymo might be back with us for The Masters next week :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Good luck this week BigG and ben has started a masters thread so i add 2more bets to bow next week in that thread

And you seen Raymo at trf mate we miss him every week when it comes to golf.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

BigG any views on final day of Houston open i got Fowler and Henley you on the latter to but Fowler was all square last night but keeps getting bogeys on final 4holes so annoying.Hope one of us can win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

It would be great if Henley could do it for both of us Darren, but I think you’ve
    got more of a chance with Fowler. He made a pig’s ear of the last 2 holes……3
    over par for those 2 holes :wacko: Fowler is one of those rare breeds that can
    hit a round of 8 under (as he did in the 1st round) and repeat it in the same
    competition. Henley is 3rd, and with the top 4 being 4 clear of the rest of the field,
    it would be disappointing if he couldn’t hold onto a place. I hope he wins, but I’d
    settle for Fowler winning and Henley being placed. Good luck tonight Darren :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

WELL DONE WITH HENLEY GUYS :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

I have left the golf alone for a few weeks been saving me pennies for this week!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

I have backed five in the Masters outright

ADAM SCOTT 33/1

THOMAS PIETERS 80/1

DANIEL BERGER 100/1

JIMMY WALKER 100/1

GARY WOODWARD 100/1

I know DJ is a good favourite and the usual suspects will be fancied (Rory,Speith,Ricky and Stenson) but I am trying to think outside the box here and I hope Berger’s shoulder has improved and Adam Scott has his putting head on!!

More to come in other markets and I hope you guys are studying hard too!!

:good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

I’ve been out all evening and just got back in, I wasn’t really expecting Henley
    to win it outright at the start of the 4th round, but I was delighted when I
    checked in 5 minutes ago and found that he did. Great stuff for us Darren, a
    33/1 winner is just what we need before the Masters and Aintree :good:

Thanks Raymo, I’m really glad to see that you are back with us for the Masters,
    I think you have a good team picked out there. I’ve already backed Speith,
    Matsuyams and Day ante post, but I’ve not gained any ground. Speith and Matsuyama
    and about the same odds, neither has set the heather alight, and Day is twice the
    odds I took him at 🙁 . I’m going to have a few quid on one of yours, Thomas Pieters
    who I could take at 80/1 with Betfred, but I’ll drop a few points to 66/1 to take the
    8 places with Willie Hill. He’s become a favourite of mine since he did me well in the
    Ryder Cup. Best of luck mate, we’ve missed you in here :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Was looking through the odds for the Masters, and although it might be not the
    likeliest result, I couldn’t resist having a few quid on good old (even though
    he is only 27) Russel Henley. He owes me nothing after tonight’s performance,
    so I’ve taken the 100/1 with Bet365. What do you think Darren, he made us a good
    few quid tonight anyway, and he’s in the form of his life…..surely he’s worth a
    shot :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Well done BigG you on him as well

On masters think Henley do ok but he not for me this week as you say in post in preview in Houston open not a proflic winner.

My 2 last bets be in the masters thread that Ben set up in this forum

And nice to see you back Raymo i hope you been ok mate and hope you back every week and visit us on the golf you been missed here.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Happy with Golf.But gutted in Tennis both Nadal and Wozniacki lost in finals.This week 2 WTA events with Davis Cup this week come on France.

CHRISTINA MC HALE 14/1 WTA Monterry open

On the hard court this week she been playing well this season and her draw is not to bad to with Pavlechenkova in a last 4 match but with Indian wells and Miami some players had tough weeks.MC Hale more fresher this week.

KIKI BERTENS 50/1 Win Volvo car open

With Lucic Baroni in her half of draw and also a Madison Keys not really sparkle.Bertens can go well in this event on the clay a slower surface suits her well and at 50/1 go well.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

BigG and Raymo be putting my bets up in masters in terms of specials so any bets on these markets yourself i put mine in masters thread.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 535 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.