The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Tennis bets this week

LUCAS POUILLE 12/1 Win ATP Marseille open

DOMINIC THIEM 5/1 Win ATP Rio open

GABRINE MUGURUZA 10/1 Win WTA Dubai

BERNARD TOMIC 16/1 To win ATP Delray beach

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Well done Darren, that’s a great one two with Dustin at 10s and Pieters at 125/1 :yahoo:
    I’m happy enough to get Dustin at 8s and in the Ozzy event Scrivener got to the semis so e/w at 50s wasn’t bad.Oosty should have been in the semis too but 3 putted from nowhere to allow the match to end squared and lost the play off hole.
    If that wasn’t bad enough, with only a few holes to 4 holes to go in the US event, I tried to bet Cameron Tringle at 16/1 with Paddy Power ew without Dustin but I wasn’t allowed the bet as they changed at that minute to win only and his price dropped to 12s. At the same time Coral cut him to 10s. I couldn’t believe that Betvictor were still offering 25/1 3 places. I managed to on 15 quid e/w and seconds later they cut him to 8s. With 2 to go he was trading at 8/13 I was looking at over £500. If he bidies the par 5 17th he leads. He only got a par so a birdie at the last wins the bet, a par has him joint winner, so what does he do….he double bogies the last :wacko: that really hurt.
    I’m happy overall, but I could have done without that.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Unlucky BigG with Scrivnier i not watch it mate but read he lost in semi final

We had better luck with DJ very happy not only a 10/1 winner but Pieters was joint 2nd so nice ew money back on him to.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

My bets on Honda classic are below.And Joburg open bets be tomorrow

JUSTIN THOMAS 20/1

JT won 1st two events of the year and hit a 59 in Sony open to since then not play well.But i forgive him that the courses at Riveria and Phoniex do not suit him.But has a top 5 here and can return to winning ways.

DANIEL BERGER 35/1

Change his clubs this year and not in form because of that.But at Phoniex open he return to form we know.At one stage in final round was 1 off the leader.In the end was 7th.But that shown he back into form.And lost a playoff to Harrington at this event in 2015

MATTHEW FITZPATRICK 60/1

This event been won by Luke Donald.And a player who is like him is Fitzy he closed a final round in Dubai very well.
    And he should take to this course very well.Should suit him perfectly.

OLLIE SCHNIEDERJANS 70/1

The surname is a bugger to spell without looking.But Ollie is in form he hit 4 round in the 60s at Riveria last week.
    Starting to feel comfortable on tour.And during his amatuer days he won a junior event in 2009 here.So like Pieters who won at Rivera in college days was 2nd last week.Feel Ollie can do well here.

PATTON KIZZIRE 250/1

He a kid who likes events in area in California of the massive prices he is someone i like and think he can go well here this week

Raymo and BigG any bets and good luck to both

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Honda Classic

I’m doing this on my phone as my laptop is in for repair,
    and it’s driving me mad, so I’ll be brief.

Justin Thomas 16/1

I wished I had grabbed your 20s Darren but I’ll be happy enough with 16s if he wins, and I think he will.

Gary Woodland 33/1

He’s got a great chance of a place here and I’ll do them both for 1st round leader too :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Joburg Open

Thomas Aitken 20/1

I’ll start with Aitken, he looks the right guy for this. Home grown and knows the course. This predictive text is driving me mad :wacko: .

Good luck this week Darren, we’re doing pretty good so far mate :good:
    I’m missing Raymo though 🙁

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

No luck in the golf but having luck in tennis as both Lucas Pouille 14/1 and Dominic Thiem 5/1 in finals today nice if both can win.

Draws for WTA and ATP Acapaulco not out yet so they come tomorrow

ROGER FEDERER 7/2 Win Dubai Duty free

A seven time winner here this is one court where he has great record at Basel and Halle as well.Since winning Australian open had nice break and be very fresh for this event.While Benoit Paire can be a tricky opener i still expect Fed to win here even a last 4 match with Murray ion the cards.

FEDERICO DEL BONIS 8/1 To win Sau Paulo open

He went out early in Rio but he is good enough to bounce back into form this week.Draw been kind to though may face Casper Rudd who got to semi final in Rio.Should have to much for him.And apart from Ramos Vinolas not see any other danger in his half of the draw.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Daz sent me a message on twitter to put up here

Mate can you put M Cilic 12/1 to win ATP Mexican open.M Puig 9/2 WTA Mexican open in my thread.

Not walking up to internet cafe in this weather.And both start tonight they do

Should put on Wenger’s flasher mac mate

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Thank you Nath for doing that

And see Monica Puig out to 7/1 with power i have some of that

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Bets for golf this week at WGC Mexico.Leave tshane open

GARY WOODLAND 50/1

There is no course form to go on but way course been talked about events at Barracuda chamopionship and European masters are events to look at form in altiutude to.Woodland is bang in form 2nd at Honda also a winner at Barracuda and got to a final in WGC Matchplay lost to Rory.And this could be event he wins

JUSTIN ROSE 22/1

Of the big names in market i like him best.He is starting to pick up his form did well at Pebble beach and can see him doing well here.And being a major winner he have no problem winning a WGC like this.

JON RAHM 28/1

Sweet swinging player from Spain broke his duck at Farmers insuarnce open.Not play since Phoniex open so had a nice break.And can return to a course that should suit him well.

ALEX NOREN 90/1

A winner of European masters last year broke into top ten last year not done as well this year but this event can be the event to get his season back on.And he make his mark on PGA soon could be this week.

BYEONG HUN AN 80/1

A former winner at Wentworth took that course apart he did.And also started new season faded on final day in Phoniex open.But can do well here this week

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Good luck with Gary Woodland Darren, I had him last week in the Honda Classic
    where he finished 2nd to Rickie Fowler. I was quite happy with the e/w at 33/1 :good:

TSHWANE OPEN

PETER UIHLEIN 28/1

He didn’t have much of a tournament last week in the Honda Classic, he made the cut
    but that’s about as good as it got. He’s had a couple of reasonable efforts this
    year, most notably earlier this month in the Dubai Desert Classic where he finished
    T5 but also when he was last out in South Africa last month in the South Africa
    Open where he finished T7. I’m hoping he likes it out in SA, and that he can go
    one better in this competition.

Paul Waring 66/1

He showed he was in good form last week in Joburg Open, just missing out due
    to a last hole birdie by Darren Fichardt. If he can keep up that kind of form
    then he’s overpriced at 66/1.

I’ve also taken both in the 1st round betting, Uihlein at 40/1 and Waring at 66/1.

I’ll post for the WGC Mexico tomorrow.
    Good luck this week Darren :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

WGC Mexico Leave Tshane Open

HIDEKI MATSUYAMA 16/1

He’s the real deal and he’s been good to you and I in the past Darren.
    He went off the rails last time out, with a horror 2nd round 80!! in
    the Genesis Open, thereby missing the cut. If I can excuse him that, he
    had played great stuff the week before when he won the Phoenix Open.
    Out of his last 9 tournaments he has won 3 and been 2nd twice. If he
    is still in that kind of form, he has a great shout here.

GARY WOODLAND 40/1

As I mentioned earlier, I had bet him last week and was pleased enough
    with his 2nd behind Rickie Fowler. Fowler had it in the bag before the
    last round started, 7 ahead, but I began to wonder when Woodland cut
    the lead to two. It was too much for him though and Fowler powered
    away at the end. That was still a great effort, and you’ve already
    made the case for him Darren so no need for me to say any more.

I’m a bit of a sucker, as you know, for 1st round betting, so I’ve
    done both. Matsuyama at 20s and Woodland at 50s with Paddy Power.
    I’ve actually thrown Dustin Johnson into the 1st round betting mix,
    I took the 12s on offer. I’ve not taken him in the outright betting,
    I think 7/1 is a bit skinny for a tournament where they don’t have
    much form at, so I’ve just chanced him in the 1st round.

Good luck this week Darren :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Unlucky last week with RAHM in the end was 3rd but DJ to good in the end.

Only good thing is with DJ winning he lot shorter for masters so happy got him at 16/1 and Matsuyama 28/1 both at Augusta

Add Justin Thomas at 100/1 for USPGA my ante post bets on golf look ok

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Golf bets this week start at Valspar

RYAN MOORE 28/1

Has good course record top 5 places in last 2 visits and for me his record here was like at John dere classic before he at last won it last year and think he can follow up here.Course suits him well and my main bet

HENRIK STENSON 11/1

While Moore the main bet do like Stenson here.He get back to form now here.He could of won here few years 1shot off the playoff.This season was 2nd at Dubai before he WD last week.Expect him to be ok and over that now.

LUKE DONALD 55/1

Won this event in 2012 at a different course.But this layout is like Harbour town.A place Donald do well at but not won there yet.But think he slowy getting into form this year.Can pop up with a win soon.

CAMERON SMITH 150/1

John Senden won this a few years ago.And if a Aussie can win this week it be young Cameron.His performances been better than postion he end up in this season.And think he go well here.

CT PAN 200/1

Shock to see him this big of a price was 2nd at Farmers insurance open.Did ok at Honda classic as well.Think layout of course will be right for him way to big at 200/1

My bets for indian open be here tomorrow

Any bets BigG and hope Raymo back this week.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Tennis bets this week.And 1st masters 1000 event at Indian wells.No prices for men bbut here bets for women

AGNEISZKA RADSWANSKWA 18/1

Was runner up here a few years ago lost to Penneta this year season not gone well with early losses this year.But a return to venuue she adores can spring her back into form.Could face Makarova and Tsurenko be tough matches.But expect her to win those.And think she get to final win it.

A PAVLYUCHENKOVA 80/1

Bit by bit she been impressing in big tournaments and this can be the one where she can break through her draw is nice with Errani and Doi in it.Strycova be hard can get past her.While Konta cominng off a injury.Real good chance for her.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Hero Indian open

ANIRBIN LAHIRI 10/1

Pride of India can return here win title again annd while it a different course being used his form in this part of the world is very strong playing well on PGA tour he man to beat this week.

PETER UIHLEIN 16/1

Course this week suit those big hitters and this guy be right for layout this week has been playing well since new season and cann win a title again no wins since Portgual masters.

NICHOLAS COLSAERTS 60/1

Belguim bomber has fell behind team mate Thomas Pieters in terms of best player in Belguim.But his game starting to return and enjoys Asia so layout like this suit him well.

CHRIS HANSON 100/1

Was 62nd last week in South Africa but play better than that finishing postion suggested he is a big hitter and play well in Qatar this year and can return to that form

RENATO PARATORE 100/1

Young guy from Italy who not really been able to put 4 good rounds together play well at Maybank when he was 20th and a return to Asia can see him go well on this course.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

I have not seen a Tennis match in yonks Daz,
    my wallet is in a better condition for avoiding it as well
    as always best of luck with your choices

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 535 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.