Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2017

This topic contains 398 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 1 hour, 59 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3069

Scratching my head a bit here. I’m down in Stratford now, and put the bets on
    just before I left. I checked on Europeantour.com, for a very quick look and
    saw that Fritelli was shown as 3 under after 13 holes. Bet365 were offering best
    odds at 25/1 so I hurriedly stuck my bet on (at 10.33am). Just checked to see how
    he was doing, and quite pleased he finished at 5 under, 1 off the lead. What I
    don’t understand is that when I look at his individual scorecard, it shows that
    after 13 holes he was actually 5 under, and I’d assume probably leading or joint
    leader, as Shinkwin, who leads at 6 under, started half an hour before Fritelli,
    but only got to 6 under when he birdied the last. Perhaps Europeantour got their
    scores wrong at that point, but even so, if he was leader or joint at that time
    at 5 under, I’m surprised he was still 25/1 when he was only between 40/1 and 50/1
    before a ball was struck. It doesn’t really tie up, and I’m pretty damned sure the
    bookies don’t just go on the scores shown on the Europeantour Website, in which case
    they would also have thought he was 3 under after 13. I don’t get it :unsure:
    Anyway, he’s best priced 12/1 now.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by BigG BigG.
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2485

Sounds odd G :scratch:
    But maybe we should be saying don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Or perhaps the odds compiler at Bet365 made a rick!!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

Any views on final day at Czech masters on Porteous at 50/1 hope he can win it 2 behind Slattery

While halfway in Dell technolglies open am happy with way Casey and Rahm playing.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3069

You’re right Raymo, a bird in the hand and all that with Frittelli. He’s 5 under, the same as your man
    Bjerregaard. We both have chances of a place maybe, but Darren I think you have a serious chance with
    Porteous. Slattery has been pretty dire all year, although he picked up a bit in his last 2 (the Scottish
    Open and the European Open) which makes him dangerous but I think Porteous’s form in the Match Play and
    more particularly the Made In Denmark last week give him every chance.

Darren your man Rham in the Dell Championships is doing well at the half way stage. He certainly looks
    the likley winner at this point. I’m hoping Dechambeau can hold on in there and get a place, he’s
    6 under, 3 off Rham. I’d settle happily for a place at 200/1. Raymo, you have Cantley just a shot behind
    my guy and very much still in the hunt.

Good luck this afternoon and with the Dell competition guys, it was unlike us not to get anything
    last week, hopefully we can rectify it this week :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3069

Had an in-play 3rd round bet earlier (I’ll post it as I didn’t declare it
    earlier). I stuck 20 quid on Justin Thomas after he was 3 under for his round after
    6 holes, with what seemed a pretty big 20/1 with Paddy Power, he was 11/1 with Coral at
    that time. He’s had a stunning round having just finished at 12 under, 8 under for his
    round. With Rham just a shot back with 6 to play and Leishman just birdied to be 1 behind
    with 4 to play, I took cold feet and cashed out at £263. I think it’s quite possible either
    Rham (although he’s just bogied as I write this, or leishman who’s only 1 behind with 4 to
    play, could catch or even overtake him. I’m quite happy to settle for that, it’s too much of
    a bird in the hand.

Selection Details Result
    Golf
    Dell Technologies Championship
    3rd Round Leader
    3rd of Sept 2017 3:37 pm
    Leader After Round 3
    Justin Thomas @ 20/1
    Pending

Stake and Return Details
    Bet placed at 3rd of Sept 2017 6:43 pm Total Stake £20.00
    Bet type Single (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
    Number of lines 1 Total stake due £20.00
    Stake per line £20.00 Freebets Redeemed £0.00
    Channel Internet Total amount paid £20.00
    Number of win lines 1
    Number of void lines 0 Standard Returns £263.73
    Cashed Out at 3rd of Sept 2017 9:48 pm
    Total Returns £263.73

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

Very happy that PORTEOUS won that a nice 50/1 winner for me

Be more happy if Casey or Rahm do same tonight any views on finaL round.Am gutted way Rahm play last night

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3069

Well done with PORTEOUS Darren, we’re back on track this week with your 50/1
    winner :yahoo: and I’m happy enough with my in-play bet on THOMAS. I’m glad I
    did cash out, I’m 53 quid better off than I would have been as Leishman ended
    up level with him on 12 under. I think Thomas has a good shout tonight, he could
    do me 2 favours in the same tournament if he wins. With Casey only 1 back Darren
    you have just as good a chance, and Rham 3 off the pace isn’t out of it either.
    Raymo you’ve got Cantley one further back at 4 off the pace, not without a squeak,
    but in with a very decent shout of e/w money at 50/1.

Seems a bit strange waiting for the final round on a Monday, but Mondays are
    normally quite boring so it adds a bit of sparkle. Good luck tonight chaps :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

In the end JT won it kicking myself a bit when you think last week he posted 4 rounds in 60s but not complain to much with him. as he done me a favour in USPGA at 100/1 and won Tournament of Champions for us to BigG you on him to then.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

Bets for European masters

TOMMY FLEETWOOD 12/1

Has won 2times this year in Abu dhabi and open de france.Took his form to new highs this year play well at us open to.Had a break since last event so might be a bit rusty but this course suits him.This a links style layout perfect for him.

RYAN FOX 45/1

He has improved a lot this year had hot 3weeks when 6th in open de france.Follow up with two 4ths in irish open and Scottish open off the boil since.But return to links layout can see him go well here.

RENATO PARATORE 100/1

Back from a back injury can go forward this week won 1st event this year in Nordea masters.And has form here last 2years was 7th last year.And go even better this week big run by him i think see from him

ALEXANDER BJORK 110/1

We see players from Sweeden love this event Noren a 2time winner and feel comfy in links events.So Bjork one of best young players from Sweeden do well this week.5th in irish open while 25th last week a power layout not suit him but this be ok

MATTEO MANNASERO 150/1

Was 3rd here in 2010 since then been winner on tour at Wentworth so know he like it here.And starting to show form play ok last week and think do well.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2485

TOP STUFF with Porteous Darren :good: :good: :good:

And G good spot with JT in running!! :good: :good:

I had squeaks at both after a couple of rounds but they all fell away eventually 😥

Oh well onwards and upwards !!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

Thank you Raymo any bets this week and good luck to

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3069

European Masters

TOMMY FLEETWOOD 12/1 (25/1 1st round leader)

Fleetwood hasn’t particularly set the heather on fire in his last 3 tournaments,
    The Open, the Bridgestone and the US PGA, but as you mentioned Darren he has had
    some top form this year and I agree this is a course that should suit. I think this
    will be easier for him than the last 3 he’s been in and ranked 16th in the world,
    only Noren is higher than him in this. A very decent chance

ADRIAN OTAEGUI 40/1 (60/1 1st round leader)

I think Otaegui is the man in form at the moment. he did me a very good turn
    winning the Paul Laurie Match Play, and he showed directly before that tournament
    that his game was in good order by finishing T5 in the Porsche European Open. I
    think this young Spaniard is on the up and will be full of confidence after his
    win last time out.

DYLAN FRITTELLI 80/1 (90/1 1st round leader)

I’m giving Frittelli a 2nd chance after last week’s Czech Masters where he finished
    T25. He started off well with a 67 in that one, but was pretty average in his 2nd
    and last rounds. To be honest I was drawn in by the 80/1 6 places with Boylesports,
    I think his chances are better than that. I hope he gets back to the kind of form
    that saw him win the Lyoness Open a couple of months back.

I hope my luck holds after Justin Thomas obliged for me last week, both as outright
    winner and 3rd round leader too. Good luck this week Darren, you were in form with your
    Porteous last week too. Hope to see Raymo have a go this week. Good luck :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2485

My four for the European Masters are

BERND WIESBERGER 25/1

CHRIS WOOD 45/1

VICTOR DUBUISSON 66/1

FABRIZIO ZANOTTI 125/1

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

Raymo got a chance here with Zannoti at 125/1 and my best hope is a 3 figure price in Bjork in final round of european masters think either of us catch leader

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2485

Bad luck with Bjork and Fox Darren 😥

I am a bit split with Zannotti. Am happy he is placed but gutted about the two double bogeys yesterday!!

I suppose I shouldn’t be really!! 125/1 place is pretty good really!!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.