The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

BigG very unlucky last night with Berger to lose that way in a playoff felt for you mate what your views on it :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

I was absolutely pig sick Darren, when Spieth hit it into the bunker on the play off
    hole, I thought the worst Berger could do was get a half, but I thought the odds were
    with him to take the hole. It was a great bunker shot from Spieth, but there’s always
    a degree of luck if it goes in.

I can’t complain really, Romero was a good win for me in the BMW, and I had a decent return
    off Berger with the place, but I would have a big return if he had won. I’d have settled for
    those two results at the start of the tournaments, but that play off hole was painful to watch :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

WELL DONE with Romero G :good: :good:

Shame about Berger getting beat in play off especially the way he got beat 😥

Nearly had the double which would have been super impressive!!

Now Ascot is over I can concentrate back on the golf!

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Thanks Raymo, I’m pretty pleased with things overall. At least Berger got beaten
    by a great shot, rather than missing a 3 foot putt, that would have been even more
    painful. My bookies accounts are pretty healthy after the weekend, so I’m looking
    forward to the Quicken Loans National and the Open De France this week :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Open De France

FRANCESCO MOLINARI 14/1

Molinari knows this course like the back of his hand, and looks
    well worth his place at the top of the market, just behind Rahm.
    He finished runner up behind Thongchai Jaidee last year, the third
    time he’s filled that spot. He didn’t manage to make the cut in the
    US Open last time out, but on more familiar ground before that he
    showed he’s in excellent form at the BMW PGA finishing 2nd behind
    Noren. He can count himself a little unlucky with Noren hitting an
    incredible 62 to deny him the win. If he continues his good form he’s
    going to be hard to beat.

THOMAS DETRY 80/1

I see this young Belgian in the same mold as his fellow countryman Thomas
    Pieters. He only came to the tour in in 2016, but he’s quickly making his
    mark. Like Pieters he’s a birdie machine, and still holds the Challenge Tour
    record for the largest winning margin, by 12 strokes in the Bridgestone
    Challenge. His first appearance in the European Tour showed he’s worth
    his place with a 3rd in the Alfred Dunhill last December. He’s taken a bit
    of time to get his eye in since then, but his 2nd last week in BMW International,
    finishing with a terrific 66, rates as very good form. He might still be relatively
    inexperienced on the tour, but I think the bookies are taking a chance offering
    80/1.

I’ll take a punt on them both in the 1st round betting, but at this time only a few
    firms are priced up in that market. I’ll get round to the Quicken Loans National
    tomorrow.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Bets this week start at Quicken loans championship.And to add if you after course form Needeist kids championship 2012 and Mid Atlantic championship 2013.Both played on WEB.COM

DAVID LINGMERTH 33/1

There are 2 reasons why he this shorter price than normal.He won here in 2012 on Web.com tour also this course has a look to it like Memorial event a title Lingmerth won as well.Recent form been ok so that makes my my headline bet.

SI WOO KIM 40/1

The players champ this year will love the test that Potomac will give him but he also play here in 2013 where he one of only nine players who were under par that weekend.Having those experiance of playing here before give him edge over main rivals.

KEVIN CHAPPELL 28/1

He loves tough courses has he shown at Congressionial when 3rd behind Rory in a US open.He at last won on tour when winning Texas open.That win give him so much that he can start going for more titles.And no reason this layout can suit him

OLLIE SCHNIEDERJANS 80/1

This young man is a really good talent and can go well at this course he play well at Heritage and during that time look like winning but in the end not do it but think got a good chance here.

LUKE LIST 125/1

Was 13th here in 2012 but during that event he was up there most of the way a return to this venue can suit him well this big hitter is still a tour maiden but not be for long a test like this perfect for him.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Open de france bets

ALEX NOREN 20/1

Am bit of shock to see him this big he knows how to win titles has he proved in last 6months.While most of wins come in the UK he shown form here was 8th here last year and recent win at Wentworth shows he in top form so think he should be shorter than he is in betting

FRANCESCO MOLINARI 14/1

Agree with you BigG on him you said a lot i would say about him my only worry he finds it hard to win i not forgiven him for 2012 Scottish open caper he gave me.Think Noren be ahead of him in betting but think got a good chance this week.

ANDY SULLIVAN 45/1

Bit by bit he slowy returning to form 15th in Shelf Houston open and 8th at Nordea masters he got form here to was 5th last year and 6th year before and think he can put a smile on his fans faces this week.

BRANDON STONE 80/1

This guy a serious talent won on tour already but he visit france last year was 5th that very good by him and since then won Dunhill championship in South Africa this rising star can keep rising.

Good luck Raymo and BigG also any bets on quicken loans BigG only seen french ones so far

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Quicken Loans Championship

PATRICK REED 14/1 (25/1 1st round leader betting)

There’s no doubting Reed’s ability, but he’s been a bit of a nearly man for some time.
    I thought after he had won The Barclays last year that he would be right up there all
    the time, but he only had one top 10 finish this year before finishing T5 in the Travelers
    Championship last week. That decent round followed on from a very solid T13 in the US Open.
    His temperament has been questionable, and that has undoubtedly held him back, but maybe
    the penny has dropped as he looks more composed of late. He’s no certainty, but he has the
    tools to win this.

C.T. PAN 100/1 (80/1 1st round leader betting)

The thing about Pan, is that it’s either boom or burst with him. It’s therefore
    no surprise to see him at 100/1. He’s missed 12 cuts out of 18 appearances this year
    but when he does manage to put it together he’s very capable of causing a surprise
    win. He wasn’t far off when he was 2nd in the Farmers Insurance Open at the start of
    the year, and last time out in The Travelers Championship he looked at his best when
    T8, including a blistering 64 in the 3rd round. If, and it’s a big if, he manages to
    keep that form going here, he might just be in the mix come Sunday.

I hope Molinari can do us both a turn in the Open De France Darren, and good luck too
    with your other guys. I’ve not seen Raymo yet this week, but he said he’s be back after
    Royal Ascot, so good luck to Raymo if he’s putting up some guys too :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

Hi Guys :bye:

Four in each tournie this week.

Quicken Loans

LUKE LIST 100/1
    KEEGAN BRADLEY 50/1
    LUCAS GLOVER 100/1
    BRENDON STEELE 28/1

Open De France

RUSSELL KNOX 70/1
    ALEX NOREN 18/1
    GRAEME STORM 110/1
    GREGORY HAVRET 300/1

Sorry I have picked a couple the same but hey great minds and all that!!

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

BigG what your views on golf at halfway stage am very happy with Lingmerth before this event he had one big advantage over the field he won at this new course in 2012. at the WEB.COM a level below the PGA when he won it he got his PGA tour card and return here not doing any harm.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

Lingmerth Looking good so far Darren :good: Obviously the man to beat at the moment!! If neither of mine are there I will be cheering him on for you!!
    I am keeping on eye on Storm in France !! LOL

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Noren still a chance for us in France Raymo while Sullivan my best hope in that one behind he is any views on that final round tomorrow

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Lingmerth looks pretty sound at this point Darren, if he holds it together he’s going
    to be very hard to peg back. Reed is continuing to frustrate the hell out of me. He
    was favourite after round 1, but it was one step forward and two steps back through
    his second round, and his bogey bogey bogey finish has put him out of contention. I
    think Lingmerth is the likeliest winner now, but even money doesn’t float my boat, so
    I chanced a few quid on Sung Kang last night at 16s. Good luck Darren 33/1 looks a
    cracking price now :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Raymo and BigG any views on Wimbledon thread now up it is remember last year Big G you say was mad to bet on tennis with way it go back and forwards bit like golf can say.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Added Mark Leishman at 25s e/w 3 places with Bet365. That will do for me for this
    tournament.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Molinari has been a big disappointment, and I’m kicking myself that 2 guys
    I’ve put up several times, Thomas Pieters and Peter Uihlein, are bang there.
    At their prices it’s not worth backing both, but I’ve taken the 4/1 on Pieters
    this morning. I think that’s the shortest price I’ve ever taken in a golfing
    event, but I’m hoping to claw something back out of this competition.

Darren your man Sullivan is playing his socks off and he’s in with a real chance
    of winning this for you at 45/1. Both yourself and Raymo have Noren, who is not
    out of it but I think he needs a few at the top to come back to the field. He’s
    the type of guy that can hit a 64 if he’s in the mood. Good luck to you both :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

I still have Havret and Storm fighting for a top six finish to win me some cash at huge prices so fingers crossed for those two!!

But need some sort of miracle in the states and got Keegan Bradley at one under might get placed if I am lucky and that aint gonna happen!!

Havret three under and Storm two under got everything crossed :wacko: :wacko:

Good lucky with Sully Darren :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 535 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.