Darren's Sports Bets 2017

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2017

This topic contains 502 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 1 day, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 503 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

Only a few weeks untill 2017 but start thread early i am start with golf and Race to dubai and Money list in America

RORY MCILROY 6/4 Win Race to Dubai

Roaring Rory loves the events in Dubai has great record in them and on European tour no better player than him.And i feel he could win 2majors this year but even with one major i expect him to walk away with RTD Glory.

MATTHEW FITZPATRICK 33/1

Biggest danger to Rory may not come from Stenson or Rose but this improving young englishman.
    Won 2events in 2016 and biggest win to date was DP Tour championship.When you think that course favours big hitters the fact he overcame them was a big win for him.He can make a impact in majors to and he can chase Rory all the way.

RORY MCILROY 9/2 To win US Money list 2017

I think Rory can win 2majors and if he does that mean he be odds on to collect this title in America as well.When you think WGC matchplay he got great record in that.Other big events there to no need to oppose Rory.

RICKIE FOWLER 40/1 EW

No doubt Rickie had a bad 2016 even though started well with victory in Abu Dhabi.Was dissapointing in majors to.But he is to good to be playing bad for long.And 2017 can be better year for him.He is a players champion and can go well at other WGC and major events.

RYAN MOORE 150/1

He had best year of his carear in 2016 won John dere classic but also could of won Tour championship but lost to Rory in a playoff.He not do well in majors but after being the man who holed the putt to win Ryder cup.He could take his form to even better level in 2017 and the USPGA where final major is being held at Quall hollow and he has decent record there.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

Bets for majors so far

R Mcilroy 10/1 Masters
    D Johnson 16/1
    H Matsuyama 28/1
    D Berger 125/1

H Stenson 25/1 open championship
    A Noren 100/1
    C Wood 125/1

R Mcilroy 9/1 USPGA
    R Moore 80/1
    J Thomas 100/1

BigG or Raymo or Lionroars any of you guys got ante post bets for majors

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

2 Players to look out for on both European and USPGA Tours who not won yet but could in 2017

JON RAHM

Start in US Tour.And Rahm a sweet swinging player from Spain i got my eye on him for Phoniex open this year he did well there in 2016.When you think at US Open was 24th that was very good by him.He also contend in quicken loans event to but not win it.Those experiance do him good of the players who still maidens he the one that excites me and few years time could be in Ryder cup team that is how good he can be.

PATRICK RODGERS

Did everything at college golf same place where Tiger came from but Patrick still not won on tour but he is playing well not to win.Did well at wells fargo when you think that course hold final major this year i could see him winning a title and getting into that major go well in that event.

RENATO PARATOE

On the european tour he is a big hitting itailian who still a maiden can get nervous when he has a chance of winning.And courses to bet on him are those where big hitters thrive and events in Asia and Dubai can see him break his duck.

THOMAS DETRY

Another young golfer from Belguim but while he lacks the power of Colsaerts and Thomas Pieters he more a straight hitter and best showing was at Leopard creek where he was 3rd. that was a very good by him.He won on challenge tour which was by a incrediblie 12shots where he hit a round of 60.A surefire star of the future.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

And lastly for now my bets for the majors in tennis

MILOS RAONIC 25/1 Australian open
    DOMINICA CIBULKOVA 33/1

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO 25/1 Wimbledon
    MARIN CILIC 50/1
    P KVITOVA 12/1

ROGER FEDERER 25/1 US Open

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3325

Well done Darren in 2016, you were the man to follow without doubt :good:

I’ve decided to have an early stab at the Majors, and see if I can do better than 2016 :wacko:

THE MASTERS
    Jordan Speith 8/1 Bet365 (to get over his heartbreak last year)
    Jason Day 10/1 Betvictor
    Hideki Matsuyama 18/1 Coral (wish I had followed you earlier Darren with the 28s)

US OPEN
    Justin Rose 25/1 Paddy Power
    Bryson DeChanbeau 150/1 Bet365

OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rory McIlroy 10/1 Betvictor
    Thomas Pieters 66/1 Bet365

US PGA
    Rickie Fowler 40/1 Coral
    Matt Kucher 66/1 Bet365

Good luck guys :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

BigG good luck with them.And any young players to watch who not won on either tour yet to.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3325

I’ll be watching out for CAMERON SMITH this year Darren, I think he’s
    a young player that has a lot to offer. He looked like he was going to burst onto the
    scene 2 years ago when he was 4th in the US Open, but he struggled after that. I think
    he looks to have overcome whatever the problem was, I don’t know if it was swing related
    or nerves, and is playing some really good golf. He is an absolute birdie machine, if he
    can just cut down the mistakes, and the bogies, he will win something this year I’m sure.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

BigG any views on the RTD and US money lists in 2017

Good luck with bets in majors to

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2684

I hope Kvitova recovers Darren !! 🙁

I haven’t picked any out yet but am going to when I get time after Kempton and Chepstow is out of the way!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

I hope she does as well mate some sickos out there i hope she makes a full recovery

And can’t wait to see your golf bets for 2017 majors

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

Tennis starts on sunday previews be up then

And new Golf season start next week i give the SA Open a miss but i be betting on Tournament of Champions event.

Only major not put bets up yet are for US Open so here they are

RICKIE FOWLER 40/1 Us open

Rickie had a bad year though he won in Abu Dhabi.But here in Erin hills from what i hear be a course suited to big hitter with a bit links in it to.RF is proven links star and for me can get into this course play very well here

JORDAN SPEITH 10/1

Of the big names at top of market jumping Jordan do for me won a US open already while this be a bit hitters dream.
    Speith has proven in the past can thrive on big hitters courses like in Tournament of Champions and also at Augusta.
    So think he go very well here

JB HOLMES 100/1

Of the 3figure prices i like JB he play well in majors last year 3rd in the open a top 10 at Augusta as well this big hitter take to course a good start to the year price not be 100/1

EMILLIANO GRILLO 125/1

This young star from Argentina is suited to demanding layouts and a US open is perfect for him to make his mark in the majors.He did well at USPGA last year and another year on his back he can make his mark here.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

Tennis bets for new season here they are

STAN WAWRINKA 9/2 To win ATP Brisbane open

Stan has won early in season before won at Chenai last few years but comes here this year he start of season with a win here.Could have Triocki up 1st which be a tricky match but i expect him to win it.While Kyle Edmund or Lucas Pouile may be waiting.Can see them off before last 4 with Nishikori.Stan the man for me

KAROLINA PLISKOVA 7/1 To win WTA Brisbane

Start off her year in Brisbane has Kerber in her half could meet in last 4 but Pliskova has easier route if Kerber not fully tuned up.She love the hard court here in Brisbane think she win here

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI 11/1 Win WTA Auckland

A match with Nicole Gibbs not a ideal 1st match but feel Wozza get past her and she been to final here before.Even though the Williams sisters are here.I think both can go out early for me

TIMEA BACSINCZY 20/1 Win WTA Shenzan international

Will meet Radwanskwa here after a few matches but feel she can beat her and this season i expect Timea to progress into a force in 2017 and can start off well here

No bets in Doha for me and no prices on Chennani yet

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17294

I completely given up on Tennis now Daz…….. :bye: :bye:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

Bets for the golf start off with Tournament of Champions here they are

JIMMY WALKER 33/1

Has started the year very strong in the past won the Sony open twice and lost in a playoff to Reed a few years ago here.So got course form and winner of the last major can give him more belif in himself in 2017

JUSTIN THOMAS 22/1

Not start well here last year but on the weekend hit rounds in the 60s JT winner of Cimb classic a event that needs a hot putter like this week.And after last year can improve on that.

RYAN MOORE 28/1

Has decent form here was 6shots off the winner in 2014 and go well here again to.A fine player and winner of John dere classic last season.Should do well here.

Raymo and BigG any bets this week and good luck if you do

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3325

Tournament Of Champions

Jordan Speith 11/2

I’m not one to take single figure bets at the start of a tournament, but
    I think that Speith has such strong claims that I have to have a few quid
    on him. He absolutely romped home in this last year, winning by 8 strokes
    and missing out on the tournament record by 1 shot, finishing 30 under. If
    he is match fit here I can see him coasting home. I would have been worried
    about Day, but until I’m sure his back problems have been resolved I won’t
    be touching him.

Justin Thomas 22/1 Betfred

I’m with you on Thomas Darren, he’s just got better and better as the year
    went on. A winner of the CIMB Classic, and his last outing was in the
    Franklin Templeton Shootout, where he finished 5th having hit 63, 66 and 66.
    He’s an exciting player Darren, I hope he can get us off to a great start
    in 2017 :good:

Both are birdie machines, so I’m taking Speith at a huge 10/1 with Betfred,
    and Thomas at 18/1 for 1st round leader.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 503 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.