Coral Hurdle Ascot 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Coral Hurdle Ascot 2010

This topic contains 25 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  simons26 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

simons26
    • Total Posts 45

So can anyone see zaynar getting beat this time round??

Kauto Kid
    Kauto Kid
    • Total Posts 43

Quite frankly – NO !!

Duke Of Marmalade
    • Total Posts 79

Not really although I’m always wary of Nicky’s horses first time out.
    I do quite fancy Restless Harry to run a big race if he runs, altough I’m not sure why they aren’t looking to exploit his handicap mark.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Silviniaco Conti for me. Is race fit and recent form has been franked elsewhere.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2498

Both of Silviniaco Conti’s wins in England have been on left handed tracks, tomorrow is his first appearance going right handed.

I do like the horse, i think he could be something very special.

He is getting 4lbs tomorrow from Zaynar, and i think he could win.

It looks like Zaynar will go off favourite, with Silviniaco Conti at 7/2.

Silviniaco Conti is race fit, is a very exciting prospect, and has lots of ability i feel. I think he may win this tomorrow.

Katchit is a non-runner tomorrow.

Karabak will obviously too, want further, but this will be a good test for him, and i imagine his next run won’t be too quick after this race, as he doesn’t cope with a lot of racing, he seemingly needs a fair bit more time than some horses, between his races.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3327

IIRC Senonnes-Pouance where Silviniaco Conti won his first hurdles start is a right-handed track so I would have no worries about him racing RH and with two runs under his belt already he’d be my bet in the race.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2498

IIRC Senonnes-Pouance where Silviniaco Conti won his first hurdles start is a right-handed track so I would have no worries about him racing RH and with two runs under his belt already he’d be my bet in the race.

Thanks for the info, Mart.

Very promising horse i think, could be quite special i feel.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Promising horse he might be, but still has a lot to find to trouble Zaynar, who is right out of the top drawer, imo.
    First 2 in the Champion Hurdle betting for most of last season, and at a trip well short of his best, still ran a blinder, and that’s form few experienced hurdlers could emulate, let alone a relative novice.
    Reckoned by his stable to be right up there with Binocular last season, goes well fresh, and won this in a hack canter last year, I doubt the others will see where he went.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Reckoned to be ‘right up there with Binocular’ yet won tin-pot races and was turned over at 1/14 by a carthorse?

He’s opposable.

Silviniaco Conti destroyed Ascot winner Frascati Park at Chepstow a few weeks ago and is clearly in A1 condition. It might be a case of too much too soon though, so I’ve had a small saver on Ashkazar at 20/1.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 1011

I think Restless Harry is over priced, considering his run at Chepstow last time out. He gave the rest a 12L start and still finished not too far away from the eventual winner who ran a cracker in the Greatwood. I know on the book Zaynar is head and shoulders above the field, however I think Restless Harry is worth more than the 145 that he is currently rated.

JohnJ

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5533

On Aintree form Won In The Dark is overpriced. He has good e/w claims imo.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3327

AJ – FWIW the owners were told at the start of the 2009/10 season that wherever Binocular finished in the Champion Hurdle that Zaynar would be ahead of him.

Didn’t quite work out like that but read into that what you will.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Nicky Henderson also said – in this season’s stable tour – that he still gallops Binocular and Zaynar together, as there isn’t much between them.
    Interesting too, that Paul Nicholls doesn’t rate Silviniaco Conti amongst his best 3 chances, in today’s Betfair blurb.
    With Karabak likely to be fitter this year, has much the look of the same forecast as last year, imo.

Imperial Call
    Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2194

Victor Chandler still have Silviniaco Conti quoted (12/1) for the Neptune Novice Hurdle at Cheltenham despite the fact he’s not a novice.

:roll:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3327

Not much of a surprise really though Reet – he runs 7 others today and of those 6 are due to start shorter than Silvianico Conti :wink:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.