Eclipse 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Eclipse 2018

This topic contains 66 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4530

ROSTROPOVICH 33/1

Espom derby be key race because if Saxon Warrior gets beat i expect him to contest big 1m2 races and i got him at 14/1 to win Juddmonte thing is after did bet 30mins later AOB come out say train him for triple crown so not good that.

There no doubt form of Chester might not be the best by my bet here but more the way he done it left a mark on me he loved the good ground which he needs if soft ground got no chance but on fast ground he will run well in french derby.And after that i feel he a improving colt could come here after race in France.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

That’s a good spot Darren, I’m going to follow you in. Like you I think good ground will be the making of this horse, and I’m expecting a big run from him in the Jockey Club.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24419

If Poets Word goes for this I’d expect him to start favourite over the Derby 1-3 Masar and Roaring Lion; but is the Stoute horse going to Sandown? :unsure:

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19500

If he were mine, he’d be going, all depending on how well he is of course.
    strike whilst the iron is hot

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 568

20 day break roughly seems fine enough aswell although it was a career best effort last week so could be tired.

Surely he PW him and Crystal Ocean up and CO goes KG so this is really the only logical race for him until the Juddmonte in August.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1993

Rostropovich is going to run in the Irish Derby by the looks of things.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19500

Bruce Raymond playing down the chances of Poets World running saying Stoute has Crystal Ocean and more likely the target to be the Juddmonte International for PW

http://www.attheraces.com/news/2018/June/28/juddmonte-international-a-%E2%80%98good-race%E2%80%99-for-cracksman-conqueror-poet%E2%80%99s-word

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24419

That comment on Crystal Ocean is talking abouut the King George, Nathan. Yes, Bruce did say the International is the probable/main target, but said it was up to Sir Michael if Poets Word runs between now and then. I take that as meaning the horse will go for the Eclipse only if they think he’s over the Ascot run. Which is fair enough.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19500

Thanks Ginge
    That makes sense, I did think it strange dropping Crystal Ocean in trip

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2278

I hope Gustav Klimt stays in as this step up in trip is overdue. Didn’t run during the second half of the season at 2 and I think he could be very progressive from here on.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1993

Like you Mark I was hoping that Gustav would take part in this as I think he’s worth a crack at 10 furlongs but alas from what I gather it’s the Sussex next and I’d imagine he’ll stay at that distance for the remainder of the season now that Saxon Warrior looks set to contest all the upcoming Group 1’s at that distance.

This really is now just a 2 runner race.

Masar v Roaring Lion IV

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24419

Unless it cuts up even more Masar looks very short @ 11/8.
    Laid some 2.24.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Gingertipster Gingertipster.
    value is everything
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3483

I don’t necessarily think it can win but have backed HAWKBILL at 16/1 3 places cos this could seriously cut up and end up with about five or six runners and if they go back to front running with this it could surprise a few.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24419

I agree 16/1 Hawkbill is value if he himself turns up. Got in a pace battle with Eminent last time out and taken on for the lead at Epsom too. Depends if Coolmore put in a pacemaker (Yucatan/Rostropovich?) but isn’t one to write off dictating pace on firmish ground. However, on Betfair Hawkbill is 33/1, with no money waiting to back him, so participation looks doubtful.

value is everything

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 364
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.