Commonwealth Cup 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2018 Commonwealth Cup 2018

This topic contains 93 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8201

A bit better from Different League this evening but beaten favourite again in 4th place in Listed class. Out to 20/1 in placed now and needs to find form in a hurry.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Low draw on that track steve is hard to win most win races when drawn in middle very rare see group winners in sprints in low draw.Think better drawn at 6f see her in better light

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8201

I don’t like having to make excuses for horses Darren. A group 1 horse should be rattling home in lesser company.

A nice boost for the much overlooked Sands Of Mali today, when runner up from his last win, Alistair, confirmed what looked a much improved performance in running Sands Of Mali close, by landing a Group 3 sprint at rewarding odds of 7/1 at Maisons-Laffitte.

With US Navy Flag staying at a mile for now, he may end up arriving here as a bust. I wouldn’t want to be investing in him at lousy looking odds.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 519

Taken a price of roughly 24s for UNFORTUNATELY on the machine. I think he will be an awful lot shorter once he has made his reappearance in the Sandy Lane, and his trainer was effusive when talking about how well he has wintered.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8201

US Navy Flag seems like he is going to the Irish Guineas next, with the statement being that the French Guineas was inconclusive regarding the mile trip. Leaving it late to prime him for 6F here.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Look like EXPERT EYE might come here i mention him in op 16/1 looks fair seen Teddy say be here or Jersey for him.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1930

On Murillo at 16/1 for this so really hoping he does the business at Newbury this afternoon. Ground is in his favour and I’ll be mightily disapointed should he not come out on top.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4455

Decent race at Navan tomorrow with Fleet Review and Sioux Nation in action

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1930

Absolutely diabolical from Murillo today, a far cry from the horse who ran so well in last year’s Coventry.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

I’m on Equalateral 50s a nice performance today!

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

I think that’s a bit harsh Charles. It was an absolute mess of a race tactically, and I thought SDS caught them all napping on the winner, with a brilliant, positive ride.

Murillo is probably nothing special, and the Coventry form of last year hasn’t really amounted to much so I wouldn’t even say his 3rd there means an awful lot, but I think if today’s race was ran again he would have finished a lot closer.

Eqtidaar and Murillo were the two best horses in the race today in my opinion, and if Crowley had got his fractions right on the former he would have won.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 695

Sioux Nation did himself no harm today. Some 8s about but not much.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8201

The fillies look out of it. Heartache was a huge bust and Different League was beaten again. The thing with the O’Brien filly is that it’s three runs this season that are about a stone and more behind her best form last year.

Sands Of Mali was gutsy again in the Sandy Lane and Richard Fahey said it would be ideal if something would go off like a scalded cat and tow him into the race.

Generally about 8/1 now for Fahey’s sprinter and connections seem to feel their is more to come from him. Unfortunately was the friendless and disappointing horse in the Sandy Lane.

Invincible Army is a grand and consistent sort who has met good company along the way. He was a short head second to Guineas favourite Masar at Goodwood on debut and his flaw is being second when I back him :yes: Three wins and five seconds in nine starts, his worst placing was 4th to Cardsharp in the July Stakes, where US Navy Flag was second and the Coventry winner just pipped him for third.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

Equilateral 6/1.

Unfortunately missed out on the 50/1 Ben has, but I am more than happy to get involved at this price. You couldn’t but be impressed by the way he hacked up at at Doncaster, and the second has come out since and won a handicap off of 80.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Loving ours getting smashed in Voleur always nice when the 2nd horse wins a handicap off a decent mark. Fingers crossed for the big day 😀 😀

Just wish I’d got more on it haha but it’s a game of greed and we have to block that bit out! Not long to wait now 😀

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Ben_Bernanke Ben_Bernanke.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.