The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Commonwealth Cup 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2018 Commonwealth Cup 2018

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

DIFFERENT LEAGUE 14/1

When you look at depth of AOB 3yo fillys he has for next year the yard is stacked with them.All the talk of last sales was Marsha going for 6million.But Coolmore got this horse as well.She won Albany watch race again if race was a extra 1f Alpha Centuri would beat her.Was 2nd in Cheveley park behind Clemmie to me she a sprinter and think that where AOB train her as for next year.Being by Dabrisim she is about speed so if she trains on think be hard to see her get beat by any 3yo sprinter and after that older horses to.

I think EXPERT EYE should run here to i could see him flop in a Greenham and maybe try his luck at 6f this horse screams speed in breeding and he races like a high class sprinter. but get feeling they run him in guineas.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2333

Good post Darren

Heartache 16s with William hill interests me(but cant get on online),decent winner of the Flying Childers and The Queen Mary (here)
    Hoping she can follow in Quite Reflections hoofprints

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2333

i see Aidan OBrien now has Different League amongst his ranks

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Different League has been with Aidan for a while now.

I like Heartache for this at 16/1. She’s very speedy and if she trains on and gets the 6F I feel she will be hard to beat.

Unfortunately was progressive last season before disappointing in the Middle Park and he may be competitive if getting back on track this season. Also 16/1 he makes more appeal than some who are shorter,yet may not show up here.

Heartache 16/1 Looks the pure sprinter and will not be those odds if she makes a winning reappearance.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2333

just pointing it out to people if they hadn’t been aware steve

Heartache looks like being aimed at The Pavilion (ascot)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

I just wanted to clarify that Different League joined O’Brien a few months ago because there’s a difference between a horse just arriving in the yard and having been settled in for a while. No harm intended, sorry.nn

Connections had this to say about Heartache:-

“She’s wintered very well and looks stronger and the long-term plan would be the Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot.

“She mixed it with the boys on her last two starts last year. She was far from disgraced behind Unfortunately in France and then beat Havana Grey at Doncaster.

“We’ve always felt she will stay six furlongs, but we’ll probably give her the chance to prove it in one of the trials, maybe in the Pavilion Stakes at Ascot.”

They also revealed that there is a half sister in the yard now, a 2YO filly by Showcasing called Heartwarming.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2333

no problems steve and can see where you were coming from

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

16/1 with William Hill for Heartache looks huge. We know it’s her target and she has not had much racing as a 2YO.

US Navy Flag
    was a busy lad last year and it sounds as if Aiden will be aiming him at the Guineas, for starters anyway, and if he is anything like it there, surely they will leave him at the mile.

Sioux Nation took a little while to find his feet and cost me a few quid when he was reeled in by Brother Bear on his second start. I had secured odds against that day and he was backed into 8/11 but could not repel the late challenger. The son of Scat Daddy made up for it in an easy maiden and then improved before landing wins at Royal Ascot and in the Phoenix Stakes (Gp 1). As a horse who locked horns with some good ones last year, Sioux Nation will be a sure contender if training on and he looks a pure sprinter.

12/1 Sioux Nation may prove better value than US Navy Flag and Expert Eye, who seem likely to start in the Guineas.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Sioux Nation and Heartache both standout to me in the odds
    The one of the two I like the most would be Sioux Nation, I’d like to see how he has developed though as he looked a big two year old type and I wouldn’t be over confident he’d improve too much from his 2 y/o campaign. Having said that O’Brien seems confident enough he will saying ‘He’s a big horse and should be better at three than he was at two. He enjoys good ground.’

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

I quite like Heartache for this and threw him in a multiple with a few horses at 16s.

16s is a decent price for a single so I’ll probably have a play at that price too Steve.

The way he flew home over 5f to beat Havana Grey was very eye catching.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

For the Heartache supporters.

f Kyllachy – Place In My Heart
    The Hot To Trot Syndicate – Heartache
    1131-
    RPR 110 OR 112
    She’s very special and we’re thrilled with what she achieved last year. She came back with a pulled muscle from France but put that to bed in the Flying Childers and I’m very excited about her this year. She’s strengthened more over the winter and has a great physical appearance. She’s thrived and I’m hopeful we can think about the Commonwealth Cup with her. I firmly believe she’ll get 6f well as a three-year-old and the Sandy Lane at Haydock is where we’re thinking about starting her. She’s got a wonderful temperament and is a joy to train.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Interesting about the Sandy Lane Jack. I read that the Pavilion was the likely starting point.

Heartache was clipped into 10/1 from 16/1 with William Hill and that’s the top price now.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Sands Of Mali, who won the Gimcrack, is said to be looking fantastic at the Fahey stables. Apparently he has really strengthened up over the winter.

Connections are still mystified as to why he ran so poorly in the Middle Park. Tests showed nothing amiss but jockey Paul Hanagan said the horse was listless on the way to the start of the Middle Park and felt a totally different colt to what he did at York.

It was said that they felt he ran a great race in the Breeders Cup contest, when they felt he had the others on the stretch and simply didn’t stay.

I have some small bets on him from last season and the Commonwealth Cup one may still be alive, as they are saying it will be his target. It is said to be likely that he will run in the Prix Sigy, a race where Mrs Danvers made her abortive comeback last year. The Prix Sigy is next week at Chantilly and Quiet Reflection won it in 2016 before going on to the Commonwealth Cup.

Sands Of Mali seems largely forgotten, with only 4 firms quoting him but he may surprise some of them yet.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Sands Of Mali kept his engagement in the Prix Sigy and won the race by a short neck. He travelled well near the head of affairs and it looked like a two way fight was on the cards with Sands Of Mali at one stage looking likely to come of worst in the battle. Give him his due, Sands Of Mali knuckled down and started to get the better of it looking like he might win a shade cosily but outsider Alistair started to finish really well, coming past race favourite Absolute City but Sands Of Mali kept on to win it a short neck at decent odds of 4/1.

The pair were 2 and half lengths clear of the 3rd, Absolute City, who had a RPR of 97 last season and Sands Of Mali was conceding 9 lbs to the filly, so it’s not a bad start to the season for the Fahey horse. Forza Capitano, who had beaten today’s favourite 4 lengths last time and came in on an RPR of 106, was a head behind the filly today. The other fancied runner Alba Power,who had won six lengths last time stank the place out today, beaten more than 20 lengths.

Sands Of Mali looked well today in terms of physical appearance and I would expect a good step forward from this race. He’ll be no if he progresses and his odds for the Commonwealth Cup vary from 12/1 to 16/1 across the four firms quoting him.

I’ll try to get the replay up later.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Decided not to put the Prix Sigy replay up. There’s clearly no interest.

I won’t be putting any more replays up on the forum either. I am not going waste my time when it’s not of interest to anyone.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Knee deep in the thick of the jumps season, im sure if you put the replays up once people start looking AP at these big flat races the interest will rise. I couldnt care less personally about whats happening in france atm even if its a pointer to big flat meetings but i still read the threads…

You should post things because you want to, not everything has to have multiple responses for it to be worthwhile, im sure there are many people when they see your name on a thread just read/watch without commenting… thats enough recognition…

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

I’ll be the judge thank you Ham.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.