Cheveley Park 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cheveley Park 2016

This topic contains 51 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Hughes Nathan Hughes 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 289

Hi folks,
    I am a brandnew member from Germany. I’ve just registered here, because I am very enthusiastic about horse racing, and in the German forum where I was before the tone was very rude and aggressive. A few weeks I just read here and had quite a good impression, especially due to the valuable tips that can be found, because I began to bet on international races.
    I hope it is okay for you that I already opened this new thread?!
    I am very interested in reading your opinions about the Cheveley.
    For me the big question is if Queen Kindly could beat the Beast?
    My impression of Lady Aurelia is, that 5f would be her best trip and 6f are perhaps a bit long for her.
    At least her performance in the Morny didn’t seem so impressive to me, do you agree?
    I would be glad to read many of your assessments, so please fire away 😉 .

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7087

Welcome to our Forum hein bollow :good:

I’m looking forward to seeing Lady Aurelia in the flesh on Saturday just to see how BIG she actually is and how she handles the undulations of the Rowley Mile at Newmarket. In all probablity she will win but being a great fan of Frankel and his progeny I am backing Queen Kindly to win the Cheveley Park and being by Lady of the Desert she has all the credentials (apart from size) to conquer the Beast :yes:

Good luck with your bets and enjoy the race..Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 289

Hi Jac,
    thank you very much for your nice answer, then I envy you that you can see it live 🙂 .
    I’m “afraid” you are right, that Lady A. will be hard to beat.
    I am not sure yet if I will push the betting button for Queen Kindly, but I wish her the victory.
    I would also have a tip for all of the forum, if you like:
    Charlie Appleby is thinking about giving Hawkbill a start in a Group1 in Cologne on Sunday.
    It is not sure yet, but if he will run, he will be a penalty :whistle: .
    Cheers and good night, Sascha

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

Welcome Hein Bollow, good to see a German voice. Have a great respect for German racing, particularly because they don’t see “stamina” as a dirty word. :good:

However, I don’t have much respect for American racing because of the drugs they allow. Their trainers have a massive advantage particularly with two year olds. Lady Aurelia’s trainer has frequently fallen foul of the American rules on Clenbuterol, a drug which is legal there as long as it is out of their system by race day. In the US it is recommended to stop using it at least 21 days before a race. Although not a steroid itself can be used in a similar way… Two year olds treated with Clenbuterol are physically more mature. But everything is ok, Wesley Ward says he’s never used it on any of his British raiders. All Wesley Ward’s victorious raiders look unusually mature. That must be a coincidence then and we’ve just got to take his word for it, because our administrators can not test in America.

Hope we don’t hear from TV presenters of how bringing these US two year olds over is “good for British Racing”.

Hope anything but Lady Aurelia wins the Cheveley Park.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19342

Welcome hein bollow
    Lady Aurelia is sooo fast, you’d have to think she is at her optimum at 5 furlongs
    Connections are confident but like you say, she wasn’t as sparkling in the Morny
    I think she’ll get beat by Queen Kindly.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 289

Hi Ginger,
    thank you for your welcome. Yes, you are right, the Germans breed for Stamina as we don’t have too many lucrative sprint races here.
    Thanks for the background info about the drugs, let’s hope Lady A. is not stoned herself so that it can be a fair race.

Hi Nathan,
    thank you for your welcome, too.
    You even had the picture of Jürgen Klopp, if I remember right, don’t you like him anymore 🙂 ?
    Thanks, you strengthened my confidence to believe that a win for Queen Kindly would be possible and perhaps even likely. Do you think the Newmarket track would suit her?

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19342

I love Jürgen Klopp, I change my avatar now and again, in the one of Klopp he had his two fingers up and I don’t think Jac liked it.
    I’m hopeful the track will suit but you never really know. I’d like her to be drawn near to LA and if Spencer retains the ride he’ll follow in her hoof prints and look to challenge late.

Kentucky Spring
    Kentucky Spring
    Participant
    • Total Posts 377

Very welcome to TRF Hein Bollow (HB), this is my first season on TRF and I’m like you, not from the English Isles. I live in Denmark.

Best Wishes
    Silk

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 289

Yes, JK has lots of gestures in his repertoire, I know that quite well, because I live in Dortmund.
    Of course, a risk always remains, let`s hope Mr. Spencer (if he rides her) has the right strategy.

Thank you Silk for your welcome.
    Then for you and me this forum is particularly important to get relevant infos, right? :good:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19342

because I live in Dortmund.

I’ve been once in 2001 for the UEFA Cup Final, Liverpool vs Alaves 5-4. Lovely stadium.
    I can’t remember much about the city as we stayed in the centre square if that’s what it’s called all day, drinking and singing amongst a mixture of heavy showers and bright sunshine.

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 289

Thank you Nathan.
    I remember this event, because I was there too and enjoyed the chants of the Liverpool crowds very much.
    Dortmund is said to be “the German Liverpool”, working class tradition and a bit of beer drinking 😉 ,
    but we don’t sing as good as you..
    I hope the others are not p..ssed by this off topic?!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

Very welcome to TRF Hein Bollow (HB), this is my first season on TRF and I’m like you, not from the English Isles. I live in Denmark.

You’ll be aggravating the owner of the site with comments like that KS. 😆

Good on’ya. :heart:

Those Scots (and Welsh) hate it when these British islands are called “English”. :good:

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

To be honest, 4/5 about Lady Aurelia looks outstanding value on wht she did at Ascot… And if she didn’t stay the 6f last time out, then wouldn’t have hung on. Went too fast for her own good in France and yet stayed on better than the other prominent runners. She also has an action likely to be just as good on good-firm. Ascot time exceptional and form a long way clear of these. Arguably deserves to be around 8/13. Only way I can see her getting beaten are:

(a) Not in as good form or hasn’t had the same preperation – connections confident she’s better than ever.
    (b) If taken on in front/goes off too fast – Coolmore have two horses in it, but the lesser one Brave Anna has been slowly away and doesn’t look a pacemaker. Roly Poly, Nations Alexander and Kilmah are possible prominent runners, but none look fast enough to take LA on.

Roly Poly is the other that looks over-priced. Only 3/4 length behind in the Lowther and giving Queen Kindly 3 lbs. Realise Fahy rates QK, but RP is double the price!

value is everything

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4584

Very happy to let the favourite go and win. Visually her last two races have been chalk and cheese. She got home in the Morny and that was about all you could say for it. Even allowing for the excuses about the iffy ground it had the underwhelming, rather than wow factor.

Yes, on that evidence she looked a lot better over the minimum and Newmarket will provide a stiff enough test of her stamina. Despite remaining unbeaten, in a way she now has to bounce back.

Roly Poly has had a pretty tough campaign but shown a nice degree of progression. She should relish a stiffer test and unless this is one race too many, I will be disappointed if she doesn’t at least reverse the form with Queen Kindly. She looks like one of those each-way bets to nothing.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

Don’t you think the less impressive Morny was purely due to being taken on for the lead and going a suicidal pace, Stilvi? Surprised me she could win given the pace.

I agree with your comments on Roly Poly, I’ve saved on her @ 13/2, but does seem an “each way bet to nothing” @ 6/1. Holy Cat ran ok last time, but if she can’t get closer than 4 1/4 lengths to Intelligence Cross with the sex allowance… You wouldn’t think she’s good enough to beat the three priciples if they run to form. I backed Promising last twice and she is promising, but couldn’t beat Kilmah last time, 7f may suit the Hannon filly but stable not in the best of form. Kilmah possibly wasn’t in the right frame of mind last time, but in truth had enough runs now to think doesn’t look up to this grade. Ditto Nations Alexander and Brave Anna. I backed Pellucid at Salisbury last time and am convinced she’s better than 2 1/4 lengths 3rd to Madame Dancealot implies; but she also looked temperamental and needs a massive step up anyway. Velveteen needs to start now to be in the first three; is she the hare to get Lady Aurelia at it early?

All in all, Lady Aurelia has by far the best form and Queen Kindly and Roly Poly look nailed on for a place. :good:

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.