Cheltenham Bets 2018

Home Forums Cheltenham 2017 Cheltenham Bets 2018

Tagged: 

This topic contains 81 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Voleur Voleur 3 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 310

I wouldn’t dare get involved on any Mullins horse for the festival at this stage but I can’t help thinking that 8/1 for Nichols Canyon to repeat in the Stayers looks tempting. Completely unexposed at the trip, only 7 and I struggle to see what will beat him. The big question is Faugheen, he will be 10 if he turns up next year and Coral’s rate his chances at a standout 10/1.

Wouldnt normally back this early but ill take some of the 10/1… even if he stays in training until december he will be 1/4 of that

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

Yorkhill has plenty of potential for improvement. The pedigree side of things would be on side and Mullins got UDS to settle in time a horse who was a helluva lot more free spirited and head strong and runaway than what Yorkhill is.
    This time last year nobody was considering Sizing John for a Gold Cup and even after his win in Ireland more than most still didn’t think he would stay.

I hope you are right Nathan.

I am happy to be on him at the bigger price, but I understand the stance of Gingertipster, in that it’s very hard to justify too much enthusiasm for the odds of 8-1, with several questions hanging over him. Now I think about it, 14-1 is probably on the cusp of antepost value itself with the race being a year off, but I will gloss over that as I don’t be very much horses as far off as this and I am just happy to be in front of the market JUST NOW.

He has been one of the most discussed horses this season, and I always seem to be discussing him myself, but he is a horse I am a massive fan of. He will inevitably be the focus of much speculation next season, but for now I really do see him as having the gold Cup as his primary target

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

Does anybody know whether Ballyandy is going to be sent chasing next season or kept over hurdles?

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10244

I have a hunch he will Krypton, considering connections, but not heard anything concrete.

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

Interesting if they do decide to go chasing as he is a full brother to Megastar who was 0-6 over fences and none of the rest of his siblings haven’t even tried it.

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1970

Anyone who got 20/1 Yorkhill Gold Cup, Altior Queen Mum 4/1 or 33/1 Labaik Champion Hurdle did very well

Yorkhill was 20/1 for the Gold Cup?! :wacko:

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 388

I’ve added Augusta Kate into Coral’s Stayers Hurdle book at 16/1. A chasing campaign looks unlikely for the error-prone mare, but a few firms (including BetVictor) are asleep at the wheel either unquoted or unchanged at 33/1. ;-)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by LostSoldier3 LostSoldier3.
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 107

Some firms have pushed Labaik out to 25/1 from 16/1. Given that he will be campaigned over in England, where the firmer measures employed by starters will surely help, I’m going to take a tiny, tiny slice. If he decides to jump off on Friday, I’m sure he will be half that again.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.