Cheltenham Bets 2018

Home Forums Cheltenham 2017 Cheltenham Bets 2018

This topic contains 89 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  atthepost 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 322

I wouldn’t dare get involved on any Mullins horse for the festival at this stage but I can’t help thinking that 8/1 for Nichols Canyon to repeat in the Stayers looks tempting. Completely unexposed at the trip, only 7 and I struggle to see what will beat him. The big question is Faugheen, he will be 10 if he turns up next year and Coral’s rate his chances at a standout 10/1.

Wouldnt normally back this early but ill take some of the 10/1… even if he stays in training until december he will be 1/4 of that

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 40

Yorkhill has plenty of potential for improvement. The pedigree side of things would be on side and Mullins got UDS to settle in time a horse who was a helluva lot more free spirited and head strong and runaway than what Yorkhill is.
    This time last year nobody was considering Sizing John for a Gold Cup and even after his win in Ireland more than most still didn’t think he would stay.

I hope you are right Nathan.

I am happy to be on him at the bigger price, but I understand the stance of Gingertipster, in that it’s very hard to justify too much enthusiasm for the odds of 8-1, with several questions hanging over him. Now I think about it, 14-1 is probably on the cusp of antepost value itself with the race being a year off, but I will gloss over that as I don’t be very much horses as far off as this and I am just happy to be in front of the market JUST NOW.

He has been one of the most discussed horses this season, and I always seem to be discussing him myself, but he is a horse I am a massive fan of. He will inevitably be the focus of much speculation next season, but for now I really do see him as having the gold Cup as his primary target

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Does anybody know whether Ballyandy is going to be sent chasing next season or kept over hurdles?

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10376

I have a hunch he will Krypton, considering connections, but not heard anything concrete.

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Interesting if they do decide to go chasing as he is a full brother to Megastar who was 0-6 over fences and none of the rest of his siblings haven’t even tried it.

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1975

Anyone who got 20/1 Yorkhill Gold Cup, Altior Queen Mum 4/1 or 33/1 Labaik Champion Hurdle did very well

Yorkhill was 20/1 for the Gold Cup?! :wacko:

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 445

I’ve added Augusta Kate into Coral’s Stayers Hurdle book at 16/1. A chasing campaign looks unlikely for the error-prone mare, but a few firms (including BetVictor) are asleep at the wheel either unquoted or unchanged at 33/1. ;-)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by LostSoldier3 LostSoldier3.
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 146

Some firms have pushed Labaik out to 25/1 from 16/1. Given that he will be campaigned over in England, where the firmer measures employed by starters will surely help, I’m going to take a tiny, tiny slice. If he decides to jump off on Friday, I’m sure he will be half that again.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 146

Going Cheltenham mad here, but I think 16/1 Fayonagh is very generous. Showed just how versatile she is today in spectacular fashion. Hard to know how strong a race it was, but I reckon she beat one or two good horses out there. If she bolts up in her maiden next season I expect her to shorten up dramatically.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 40

I take my hat off to you guys. I’m wary of betting anything a month before the festival, but you guys are fearless and just love your antepost. My Yorkhill bet is more than enough for me this far off.

Having read through this thread, there are some fantastic early bets on here, all I can say to you all is very good luck.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16188

Some firms have pushed Labaik out to 25/1 from 16/1. Given that he will be campaigned over in England, where the firmer measures employed by starters will surely help, I’m going to take a tiny, tiny slice. If he decides to jump off on Friday, I’m sure he will be half that again.

Has Labaik retired or did I dream it…….?

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 40

He has suffered a career threatening injury Nathan

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16188

Thanks Autumnal
    I thought I had read something the other day
    A real shame that, very talented when he wanted to be

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10376

Interesting angle online the other day as to why Labaik was pulled from the sales last month Nath.

Immaterial now though, and a real shame we probably won’t be seeing him again.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10376

I take my hat off to you guys. I’m wary of betting anything a month before the festival, but you guys are fearless and just love your antepost. My Yorkhill bet is more than enough for me this far off.

Having read through this thread, there are some fantastic early bets on here, all I can say to you all is very good luck.

All good fun Autumnal……….most of the time. I lost the run of myself with the Ante-Posts a few years back, and a lot stricter now. I can totally see why it don’t appeal to some.

I’m happy with those I’ve put up so far, and I’ll leave it be now until probably October, unless something really blows me away at Galway.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.