Cheltenham Bets 2018

Home Forums Cheltenham 2018 Cheltenham Bets 2018

This topic contains 212 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  ham 21 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 213 total)
  • Author

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 603

Have put my Champion Hurdle voucher for River Wylde to one side and taken the 25s for the Arkle. Had backed Melon for Arkle after festival…may yet back him for CH. Note to self….use “any race” market next year.

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

I won’t back him. But BEAU GOSSE is a class apart from any other juvenile
    Thats been purchased from france so far. Maccaire also has a huge ammount of graded novice winners in the stable.

BEAU GOOSE turns out at Auteuil today 1pm

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1963

Not sure we learned new anything about Willoughby Court today. Just confirmed that he prefers stiffer, left handed tracks.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

Added three this week:

Dame De Companignie – any race @ 10/1

Lesley Dawn – Mares Novices @ 16/1

Bamako Moriviere – JLT @ 33/1

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 95

Native River @ 21/1 for the Gold Cup is my first ante post bet of the season.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1589

Botchy’s troops are starting to be assembled. A few ” aftertiming specials “, apologies for that :whistle:

No doubt it will be 3 pages long by March and full of emoji’s :yes:

Any Race

Blow By Blow @ 14’s
    Red Jack @ 14’s
    Monalee @ 14’s
    Samcro @ 10’s

Finians Oscar @ 12’s Arkle
    Campeador @ 150.0 Ch. Hurdle
    MTOY @ 100.0 Ch. Hurdle
    Barcardy’s 20 & 16’s RSA
    Coney Island @ 30.0 Ryanair
    Cap Soleil @ 8’s Mares Novice
    Espoir Dallen @ 16’s Triumph
    Sizing Codelco 146.0 GC
    Cause of Causes 440.0 GC

• This reply was modified 6 days, 6 hours ago by botchy1 botchy1.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 23 hours ago by botchy1 botchy1.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Yanworth out tomorrow, will do well FTO to give away a stone to a smart looking recruit for nicholls

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1963

Yanworth isn’t FTO

Chameron’s rating looks too high to me. He was going to be a Fred Winter horse and having watched that Auteuil race he was alright but nothing special, so a rating of 149 on his chase debut is something else. In effect he’s running off 138, which is probably more like it.

Hopefully punters work on the weight / rating angle and Yanworth’s price is pushed out

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Yanworth isn’t FTO

Chameron’s rating looks too high to me. He was going to be a Fred Winter horse and having watched that Auteuil race he was alright but nothing special, so a rating of 149 on his chase debut is something else. In effect he’s running off 138, which is probably more like it.

Hopefully punters work on the weight / rating angle and Yanworth’s price is pushed out

Not sure what i was thinking when i said it was FTO im sure i posted on here when he was declared lto lol

Yes definitely too high on his debut for chameron, even off 138 there technically shouldnt be much between them but youd think yanworth should win easily

Wasnt a fan of yanworth last year, not convinced yet, but this would be a good start. Briery queen is interesting, ran a great race in the mares, didnt like the trip at aintree, a small field but could be a bit trickier than face value for yanworth, youd expect he should bolt up though

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

Great to see my fella If the Cap Fits win yet again for Harry fry

16s any race at the festival is still available with Hills and is a cracking bet

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1963

Has he fallen ? Wouldn’t be a surprise considering he’s by Generous.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

Has he fallen ? Wouldn’t be a surprise considering he’s by Generous.

Yanny yanworth indeed fell

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Yanworth isn’t FTO

Not sure what i was thinking when i said it was FTO im sure i posted on here when he was declared lto lol

Yes definitely too high on his debut for chameron, even off 138 there technically shouldnt be much between them but youd think yanworth should win easily

Wasnt a fan of yanworth last year, not convinced yet, but this would be a good start. Briery queen is interesting, ran a great race in the mares, didnt like the trip at aintree, a small field but could be a bit trickier than face value for yanworth, youd expect he should bolt up though

Still not convinced!!

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1963

He wasn’t on my radar for the Arkle or JLT but I thought he might be able to stay upright on his chase debut.

He reared his head a little at the first couple of fences, as if he wasn’t at all eager about the task ahead, and that’s a really weak fall. Just buckled on landing.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

I was personally imprwssed enough with finians today, cooper was a bit sketchy again on the way round i felt and he gave the lead up 2 out to a braver ride from geragthy

Giving the weight away to movewiththetimes in hindsight that was probably a smart performance from finians, he had plenty left

He wont win an arkle though he definitley needs 2m4f atleast

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.