2018 Champion Chase

Home Forums Cheltenham 2018 2018 Champion Chase

This topic contains 377 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 378 total)
  • Author

Altior
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26

Rich Ricci has stated on many occasions that Douvan and Min would be split, should they both turn up at Cheltenham. He has said this as recently as last month. I for one, do actually tend to believe him.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Altior.
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5264

Rich Ricci said Vautour would run in the Gold Cup “or stay in his box”. He’s the most costly banker I’ve ever come across.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

Owners believe what they are saying at the time they are asked but you are dealing with flesh and blood animals and things change constantly – I believe there is a good chance both will run (assuming Douvan stays in one piece) as the only other race for Min would be the Ryanair and his free going run style won’t suit going 2m5f at Cheltenham (furthest he has gone is 2m4f) and it will also clash with UDS especially if he decides to cart Ruby like he did last year.

Having two darts to aim at a race (especially when one dart has many if, buts and maybes about him) seems a prudent thing to me at least and if the real Douvan does show up he may well appreciate somebody else mixing it up front with Special Tiara.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

Rich Ricci doesn’t have the final say on where his horses go; Willie Mullins does. Min will run in The Champ Chase; Douvan’s target will depend on this weekend.

Altior, where did he say they would be kept apart? I must of missed it.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Guys just save yourself the worry and just know that whatever Mullins does Altior win the CC.
    Am interested to see if one does go over to Ryainair though. Would be very interesting if they take on UDS

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 648

I agree Jasolong. We agree. Scenes :yahoo:

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Haha it is a landmark occasion. I’m just waiting for you to say yorkhill would still beat altior.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 503

Whilst quite rightly, Altior should be outright fav. I am confused as to why you both are so confident you know Douvan’s level?

I am not saying i fancy him, as Altior has come back and confirmed he’s A1 fitness wise, and Douvan hasn’t and may not this season still, who knows.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

I don’t think Altior is banker material at all. Hasn’t had an ideal prep and is coming up against Min and Politilouge, who have both had good seasons. Then there is Douvan, who we should learn more about this weekend. Altior wasn’t overly impressive at Cheltenham last year either. Didn’t jump well and made hard work out of a very poor Arkle. A race I’m really looking forward to. If Douvan turns it on this weekend there should be a better price on Min and if you could get an each way price on Min (5/1 or better) I’d be very interested in that. Don’t forget that Politilouge has a trainer who knows how to get them ready for this race and last weeks run was only a prep and he’ll be trained to peak in 4 weeks.

At this stage I think the only banker is Samcro and maybe Apples Jade

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Altior off nearly a year laughed at politologue mate. Altior will only improve for the run. Crazy view that mate sorry

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Altior didn’t like the ground either and was a tonne better over hurdles. In its career politologue won’t beat Altior. Last run was it’s only chance and altior made him look silly. Altior is a freak mate even Sam Twiston Davies said after the race. He knows politologue won’t ever beat him

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2246

I thought it was telling that Mullins went to Newbury on Saturday. Probably had a very good look at Altior pre and post race and can’t have returned home in confident mood.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2246

@steeplechasing :

Ricci is usually the banker of the meeting.

Damn this predictive text…

Altior
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26

Gents,

Our great game is a game of opinions, that’s the beauty of it. We really shouldn’t be trying to shout each other down or belittle one another.

I loved how Altior jumped last Saturday. Amazing really as he only had one proper schooling session in almost a year.

Now, Altior was very workmanlike in winning last year’s Arkle, no doubt. I think he had an off day yet still beat a fair animal in Cloudy Dream by six lengths. Not a bad “off day” at the office all the same!

The reality is, there are no “Cheltenham Bankers”. Not Altior, Samcro, Footbad or Buveur D’Air. If there were, the bookies would be out of business.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

Yep, your spot on, Altior. I just love how competitive this race could be if they all turn up. If Altior beats Douvan and Min then there are no doubts about it; he’s the best horse in training

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.