2018 Champion Chase

Home Forums Cheltenham 2018 2018 Champion Chase

This topic contains 377 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 959

<quote>Min will almost certainly run in the ryanair if Douvan runs in the CC.</quote>
    If anything, I’d say that Douvan is the more likely to run in the Ryanair (it’s the easier race, especially after a long absence; he’s probably running over two and a half miles this weekend; horses tend to stay better as they age; Min looks a pure two-miler), although it mustn’t be forgotten that the stable also has Un De Sceaux for that race.

Pointer
    Pointer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 137

Min & Douvan would both stay in the CC, that’s their race.

Trying not to get too excited about this… but it would be phenomenal to see the top 2 horses in training go toe to toe… And me old mate Special T beats em both :wacko:

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Pointer Pointer.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

My guess is that it would be a bit late to switch Min now as his whole season has been geared towards the Champion Chase and as Ricci owns both of them Douvan more likely for the Ryanair. Rushing him back and then try and beat Altior this late in the day is a big ask.
    This is Mullins though so who knows. :unsure:

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

Min pulled hard at Xmas and looks troubled unless he gets a bit of pace. Having Special Tiarra brought out the best of Min at Leopardtwon at the DRF. Min definietly going for The Champ Chase; and Douvan could well join him; they have plenty of horses who can be compettive in The Ryan Air; Djakadam, Un De Sceaux, Benie Des Dieux and Bachasson to name 4.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Vautour Vautour.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

Oh yeh forgot about Djakadam and the Ryanair. Don’t know now.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1463

Yeah kev i still think altior would win
    But what a race in hindisight if they all show up,

Cant see min going to the ryanair and will almost likely see them both run against each other, there simply too many for too little races and with the way altior ran i dont think ricci would mind throwing two darts (especially if yorkhill is not fit)

Cant see altior being odds against even with douvan in, he was simply too good LTO, they wont take the chance!

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 342

Books are already wanting to lay some evens about Altior today as ‘specials’, it’s Cheltenham the bookies go very very competitive to try and get the favourites beat, and Douvan would only encourage that.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18434

Agree Kev, they will take Altior on, especially if they have a good day 1, they have to, it’s Cheltenham
    Also someone will offer a tempting boosted acca on Footpad, Buvuer D’air, Altior and Samcro or something like that and it will go t!ts up in the last leg bringing back memory’s of Annie Power…… :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Haha Nath I was there that day, like with so many of us she was the last leg of my accas, have never heard a moan from a crowd like it, quite stunning actually thinking about it, what an experience.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Ben_Bernanke Ben_Bernanke.
    Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

If Altior wasn’t in the race then Ricci might split Min and Douvan up in an effort to grab 2 pots; but with Altior in they will be rolling the dice twice. Similar to Vroum Vroum and Limini taking on Apples Jade last year.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1128

I reckon you’re right there Vautour. I don’t think Mullins would mind two good darts at this trophy either as AFAIK he has never won it.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

Yep, he has won every grade 1 at the festival except for the Queen Mother and The Gold Cup.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 503

This all depends on Douvan even showing up….Ruby has some difficult decisions this year, with Min, Douvan, Un De Sceu and arguably Yorkhill for two races….Yorkhill not based on this years form, but Ruby obviously loves him if you watched him on ITV or RUK speak about him.

I am not sure VVM and Limini is similar to this, as they are mares, and the mares hurdles was the obvious place for both of them to go.

On a normal Cheltenham, Min and Douvan would be split. For me, one would go still to the Ryanair, as UDS is not bombproof, for all he is a great horse and much liked.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by jackh1092 jackh1092.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1463

im not so sure either would be sent to the ryanair regardless of altior, there both 2m horses, yes min won at 2m4 but was a nothing race, the contest at christmas shown why min is a 2m horse he wont get the ryanair trip round cheltenham,

A good problem to have but IMO because he has both wouldnt necessarily mean he would rather split them up, i think hed rather win the CC than the ryanair

Will be intriguing regardless of whos right, would be good if they all make it somewhere as some of the races are lacking atm

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 503

Yeah, the main things both end up at Cheltenham.

On Douvan, they have flirted with the idea of upping him in trip previously. Hes entered over further this weekend. Speculating, but if he hadn’t had this injury, there’s a fair posibility he’d already have been upped in trip.

I can see why they’d keep them together, and face off with Altior, but maybe i’d read into it too much and think thats a negative on both their chances?

On Min at Christmas, people will look into that and say hes an outright 2miler, but he didnt even run near his level at christmas. If we are happy to rule out the performance and say his run in Feb was his level, then i’d also be happy to rule out the fact that his Xmas run should be used to determine his distance.

He pulled from the offset that day, and went from the front. He wouldnt do that in the ryanair, as UDS would be there and others. I wouldnt worry about it on spring ground at all.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.