The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Norfolk Stakes 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2017 Norfolk Stakes 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

I’ve gone for the exposed Sioux Nation 20/1. I think 5f on firm ground is exactly what this colt needs. His 2nd to Brother Bear on GF over 6f looks much better after Brother Bear’s respectable effort in the Coventry, and he didn’t handle the soft ground at all in the Curragh last time out. I think the drop back in trip on a firmer surface is right up his alley.

Excellent stuff Voleur. I did Sioux Nation on his second start, thought he had won it and he was mown down by Brother Bear. I had him pegged as a short runner but he saw it out well.

Should have trusted the gut, as they say, and not bet. Nine Below Zero had good early dash but he didn’t get home at all.

Well done, great 20/1 bet there :good:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Very nice run by Cardsharp as well there. Hard lines, if you were not on each-way early.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2044

I’ve gone for the exposed Sioux Nation 20/1. I think 5f on firm ground is exactly what this colt needs. His 2nd to Brother Bear on GF over 6f looks much better after Brother Bear’s respectable effort in the Coventry, and he didn’t handle the soft ground at all in the Curragh last time out. I think the drop back in trip on a firmer surface is right up his alley.

You’re my new best friend, I didn’t realise the O’Brien horse was such a big price until I read you’re post so went and had a saver on him, although only at 18/1.

Cheers and well done!

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1882

Good shouts with Sioux Nation, Santry and Cardsharp. I had 5 darts at the race and didn’t even get one in the first 4!

Participant
    • Total Posts 656

Thanks lads, I expected there was more to come from this colt. Well done to those with the e/w money. :good:

• Total Posts 14937

Very well played Voleur, that was a a great call at the price :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2253

Great call Voleur.

Shame people couldn’t be bothered to congratulate me when I called Big Orange right on the gold cup thread and picked out Atty Persse as well.

Still a big wide miss here with Cardsharp. Time to leave two year old races alone? :negative:

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.