The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Byrne Group Plate 2014

Home Forums Archive Topics Byrne Group Plate 2014

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Right out of left field, I have a very strong fancy for Christopher Wren (backed at 66s with VC).

He is not the easiest ride, but I believe McCoy would be aboard if he could do 10st. Instead, the solid Maurice Linehan wastes down to a very light weight (always a good sign when jockeys are willing to do this) and brings the horse back into the weights.

This horse is US-bred, so should thrive on the prevailing ground. He looked like beating the well-handicapped Baile Anrai earlier in the season before idling the race away, so plenty comes down to timing. The distance should be no problem, as our boy Chris was running on like a hero at the end of a jumpers bumper won by Sgt Reckless recently.

Champion Court is a big danger with Ryan Hatch taking off 7, but I’m really liking my chances here.

What do you guys think?

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

My cliff horse supreme – Third Intention will doubtless skin me again. I’ll have a saver too on his stablemate Sew on Target.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

I like Third Intention aswell Joe, but he is a bloody monkey. :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Christopher wren looks overpriced at 66 alright. Act of Kalanisi is another who could run well at big odds.

SHL

• Total Posts 1218

Wetak for me, very much a dark horse. Nadiya de la vega as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 292

Joe your horse is being backed off the boards, 16/1 down to 7/1 today, hope you are on at a fancy price, have backed a number of yours to no avail so here’s hoping, had a small wager yesterday at 16/1

The Humpty Dancer
    • Total Posts 45

Ballynagour was my nap last year :( I’ll be interested to see if the tongue tie makes a difference this year off 3lb lower…

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Well done to anyone who backed the winner, nice job.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

I hereby declare in public, my divorce from Third Intention! Never again…

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9061

But you know he’ll win the first time you don’t back him :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Ballynagour was my nap last year :( I’ll be interested to see if the tongue tie makes a difference this year off 3lb lower…

I hope you backed him this year Humpty, he ran a cracker, never looked like getting beat.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4796

Ballynagour and Dynaste. Shame for most people they both won in the ‘wrong’ year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

LOL Stivli

I waded into both last year

This year; Al Ferof & Colour Squadron

The Humpty Dancer
    • Total Posts 45

I hope you backed him this year Humpty, he ran a cracker, never looked like getting beat.

Thanks Big G, I was on, much smaller than last year! Only just found the will to come back on here after a bad Cheltenham!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.