The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Botchy's Bank Buster 3 " The Rollover "

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Botchy's Bank Buster 3 " The Rollover "

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 591 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Never backed Cheltenham this far in advance before. But certainly some good value on offer considering a lot of these will be running at Aintree & Ireland in the next few weeks and could really shorten if running well.

Brain Power £7.50 EW Champion Chase @ 40/1 Boost

Think i was the only person who fancied him for the Arkle, but ran a good race on ground he hated. Most importantly he proved he can run Left handed over which there were doubts. I will certainly be backing him to beat Footpad on faster ground as i hope he is a fair bit better than he has shown to date. :heart:

Supasundae £15 win @ 16/1 Boost Stayers Hurdle

Funny old price that one, nothing to stop him improving next year also :good:

Samcro £15 win @ 10/1 RSA 2019

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

I would of done a review of Cheltenham if i won or lost anyway, so here goes. :yes:
    This thread is for my own benefit in a way, like a little betting diary.

It’s always been the biggest part of the year, nothing comes anywhere near to it. You can put Royal Ascot, Goodwood, Irish Champions Day and Breeders Cup together and still not get close to it. Must of had easily three times as many bets in four days than i had all of the NH season. :wacko:

Things were looking quite positive until February then Espoir D’allen, Disko & Coney Island went out. I’m going to follow those three forever, so hopefully get some wins out off them in the future.

Got really lucky after that, with 5 or 6 runners going for the races i backed them for which looked impossible beforehand. The luck evened itself out a bit.

After that all i hoped for was a bit of dry weather. Oh no, the Beast from the East arrived, and a massive deluge a few days before the start turned everything pear shaped again for quite a few of my horses.

Onto Day 1
    With the ” Tent ” getting withdrawn hopes rested with Getabird, and he bombed out. Somehow managed to get my money back through laying off. Would certainly back Brain Power to give Footpad a race on better ground. Added him into next years squad.

Day 2

Backed King Gordon to be Top Trainer the night before @ 10/1 despite giving Willie 3 start. Without doubt he is going to prove to the AOB of the jumps for years to come.

Backed Dounikos @ 50’s as soon as he passed the post in the Flogas and had Monalee @ 14’s for any race. Knew deep down they had no chance against Presenting Percy who duly hacked up. Could so easily of had him early on to win this, but went for the NH Chase instead @ 33’s.

Coral Cup never went to plan but both Diamond King and Voix De Reve will be getting backed in the next few weeks.

Poor Ar Mad got to give up on him now.

Missed the prices on Cause of Causes early doors and went for Tiger Roll instead, so a good bit of fortune with him winning.

Mitchouka was a very very confident bet to win the Fred Winter, 100% he was laid out for that race. Got knocked out of the race early on and then had to see the horse he demolished last time go and hack up. Farclas winning the Triumph added further salt into the wound. Owes me a fair few quid he does now.

Didtheyleaveyououtto ground against him, but still promoted to the squad.

Day 3

Got lucky with Gordon saying Dounikos would go RSA and Shattered Love JLT. Before the bookies woke up the 20’s was taken. What a performance !

Glenloe FFS. Had my eye on this horse for this race since February last year. As soon as the prices came out started on him @ 33’s down to 12’s, mostly win only. What can you say apart from FFS. You can’t blame the jockey, just a sloppy jump at the last. :yes:

The Stayers was a funny old race, thought Sam Spinner would of won that but some performance from Penhill.

A memorable race the Plate was in our household.The Missus wanted to back Splash Of Ginge so i put a bet on for her to win, £10 @ 33’s.She wanted to back it to win and it was the only one she backed at the festival. Personally had been backing Thestoryteller for more or less every race going all year long. We sat together watching the race and she went absolutely bonkers, i thought she won that, until mine come and pipped her at the post. What a stare she gave me when i said i backed the winner. :heart:

Later on Mall Dini’s turn. Backed him early on @ 33’s and then the owner said his aim was the NH Chase, luckily laid off the stake over time and then he got entered for this in the end. Had a good bet going onto him and looked all over the winner jumping the last. No excuses really, beaten by a better horse.

A great day overall and was happy as Larry thinking i should get to the start of the flat in front.

Day 4

Backed Mohaayed for the Greatwood in November, Doncaster in December and Ante Post for the Betfair Hurdle. Put some posts up in various threads about him during the year.

Greatwood Hurdle – 16/11/2017
    Had a few bets on Mohaayed E/W 20’s down to 12’s. Ran a couple of very good races at the end of last year. Only a 5YO and hopefully can bag a good race or two this year at a decent price. Certainly can see him in the 150 range at some point this season.

16/12/2017 Doncaster
    Mohaayed win @ 11/2 BOG 1.40 Don. Probably going to be following him this year, and hoping he is a fair bit better than his current mark.

3/1/2018Mohaayed @ 33’s Betfair Hurdle N/R
    Been raised 4 lbs to 139 for his 6 l defeat by Buveur D’air. The first two are rated 2 stone + higher than him so no disgrace at all to get that close to them. I’m going to bet him in all races this season anyway, so may as well bet him in the County Hurdle also @ 33’s

Never ever been as confident about a horse winning a race as this one. Absolutely convinced he would win this race if running. Watching the races though, confidence was going by the minute due to the ground. Managed to cash out most bets on him then went back in again mainly EW 6 place at the same price i backed him at 2 months earlier.Strongly believe if it had been good ground that day he would of won by 10 lengths. How the hell that horse was priced up at 33/1 i will never know.

Jumping the last with four of them in a line, i was thinking just get in the first 6. But he pulled out more and won.I could not believe it, my biggest bet for a good few years had just won @ 33/1 :yahoo:

Next up Blow by Blow Gave him the last throw of the dice a few weeks ago and he came up trumps. It was getting so bad i even kicked him out of my Ten to Follow in the competition thread. Anyway the faith was rewarded with an all the way win which gave King Gordon the Top trainers award to boot.

Vaniteux later got added to the end of season team along with Dream Berry and Sire Du Berlais from the Martin Pipe .

At the end of the day i would of been really chuffed breaking even as i don’t think there is anything more difficult than betting Ante Post at Cheltenham, especially a good few months in advance.

Roll on Fairyhouse, Aintree & Punchestown :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Thunder & Roses £10 win @ 52.0 Irish National

The last leap of faith :wacko:

Donjuan-Triumphant £20 win @ 5/2 BOG 3.40 Lost – £20

Looks a penalty kick this one.

Mendelssohn £15 win @ 7/2 UAE Derby

Dewhurst second and Breeders Cup winner against a horse that has beat nothing. Betting is the wrong way round :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Had a good look at this the last couple of days and can only see one obvious winner.

The Champion 2YO of Europe and winner of the Middle Park & Dewhurst US Navy Flag. His form seems to be on another planet to these with Mendelssohn going on to win at the Breeders Cup. Watching the Dewhurst again nothing got anywhere near to him from start to finish.

US Navy Flag £20 win @ 15.5 2000 Guineas

Tiger Roll £5 win @ 19/1 Boost Grand National

Cause of Causes £2.50 @ 36.0
    Laid off £2.50 @ 23.0 NR + £5

Mendelssohn £5 win @ 11/4 UAE Derby

Latrobe £5 win @ 60.0 The Derby

Waiting Patiently £20 win @ 7’s King George

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Concentrating on these big three festivals over jumps coming up now. Normally the end of season is the best time for me. Still got to do another 2 or 3 AP bets for Royal Ascot this coming week but stakes will be reduced until then as the start of the flat is a waste of time and money for me.

One horse really caught my eye at the back end of the flat last year. Unfortunately i forgot his name and was convinced it was a Karl Burke trained horse. I remember it winning at Doncaster late on, had a look at the entries for Saturday and it’s come back to me now. I got the Trainer wrong :wacko:

What’s the Story £25 win @ 6/1 BOG 2.25 Doncaster Lost – £25

I’ll be following him most the year so hope he can pop up at a good price a couple of times. If i can get 7 or 8/1 probably have another blast on it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Was going to back Ryan Moore a few days ago to win the Jockey’s Championship at 16/1 with Ladbrokes Boost. Thought it was a decent bet to be fair. Looked at the Racing post and WH are doing a handicap on this market.

Ryan Moore + 50 to win the Jockeys Championship £50 win @ 14/1

Might be wrong, but got a strong feeling he is going all out for it this year, and that’s without the 50 start on De Souza. Runs from 5 MAY 2018 TO 20 OCTOBER 2018. 😉

Hollowgraphic £15 win @ 33’s Ballymore 2019

Could not resist that one, bloody hell 33/1 :wacko:

Disko £3 win @ 70.0 Gold Cup 2019

That’s me done now. :yes:

Le Brivido £20 win @ 12’s Queen Anne
    Big year coming up for this fella i think.

Lucky Mistake £2.50 EW @ 12’s 5 places Irish Lincoln Naas Sunday
    Added £2.50 EW @ 14’s BOG 5 places

Lost – £10 from both bets

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Just finishing off the Ante Post bets for a while. Be topping up on a few as i go along no doubt. Stakes will be returning to normal after the Cheltenham madness. :good:

Disko £7 win @ 62.0 gold Cup 2019

Aside from getting an injury no idea why he is that price. Currently only a 6 YO and plenty of time to catch up. Hopefully can show his stuff at Punchestown :good:

Acapella Bourgeois £15 win @ 25’s Boost Irish National N/R – £15

Half a million race this year and you would think Willie will have one lined up for this considering the trainer championship tussle. Burst a blood vessel last time and ran over too short a trip 2 Mile :wacko:
    If he gets back to the form of his 32 length romp over Road To Respect last year he could turn this into a procession off 150.
    Softer the ground the better and looking likely he is a runner.Just awaiting confirmation.

Saved the best till last BATTAASH £30 win @ 4/1 Kings Stand :heart:

Hopefully starts his journey to immortality here. Latched onto him early last year and the only thing that will beat him is himself :wacko:
    Lady Aurelia is going to find it much tougher this year without all those allowances. Goes on all types of ground and if getting fast ground at Ascot can see him smashing the Course record to pieces. Totally convinced this is the fastest horse since Dayjur

Could certainly see a bit of “egg on face” coming after reading that Battaash post back again. :yes:

Sioux Nation £10 win @ 12’s Commonwealth Cup

Delano Roosevelt £5 EW @ 33’s & Latrobe £2.50 EW @ 50’s The Derby

Lady of Shalott & Delano Roosevelt £2.50 EW Double Both @ 33/1

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

Mate how things with you hope been good my new flat thread up and season started well for me already it has

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Everything is ok Darren, cheers. Saw you knocked an early one in on your thread, sure you will be knocking plenty more in this year as well. :good:

Will be popping over to your Sports bets thread soon to get some good tips for The Masters. See you soon :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Saxon Warrior Free bet to win £536 The Derby
    Laid £10 @ 5.6

Got a feeling that this horse wont run, never mind win the Derby this year. If it looks like he is going for the Guineas i will be getting rid of most of this bet ASAP. Cannot see him acting around Epsom at all or stay a mile and a half.

The trainer is already starting with the ” beast ” & ” monster” comments. As soon as he starts talking like that, it is time to throw your tickets in the bin. :yes:

Tiger Roll £10 win @ 14’s NRNB BOG Grand National
    Added £25 win @ 14’s NRNB

Cloth of Stars £10 win @ 38.0 Arc

Second last year for me at 200/1 :negative:

September £10 win @ 10’s The Oaks

Mendelssohn £7.50 win @ 13/5 Boost NRNB UAE Derby

Nelson £3 win @ 33’s & £7 win @ 25’s St. Leger

Paloma Blue £15 win @ 25’s The Arkle 2019

Latrobe £4 win @ 60.0 The Derby
    Added £5 place @ 13.0

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Didtheyleaveuoutto £5 win @ 33’s Supreme 2019

Acapella Bourgeois £5 win @ 136.0 Grand National

Could be a Kamikaze bet this one. :wacko:

Quite shocked he was taken out of the Irish race and has an entry in a weak looking race on Sunday.The owners have the FAV for the National also. Maybe he is just out of sorts this year :unsure:

Coney Island £10 win @ 50/1 Ryanair 2019
    Coney Island £10 win @ 55.0 Gold Cup 2019

Mall Dini £5 win @ 11’s Boost Irish National
    Probably hack up when i have a small bet on him :yes:

Added Acapella Bourgeois £5 win @ 90.0 Grand National
    Taken out of the Cork race on Monday now.

Thunder & Roses £10 EW @ 40/1 BOG 6 Places NRNB

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Vivlos £20 EW @ 10/1 4 Places BOG Dubai Turf

Paddy Power lost the plot :wacko:

Mendelssohn £10 win @ 11/4 USA Derby

Mendelssohn £5 EW @ 66/1 Breeders Cup Classic

Vivlos £20 Lay in play @ 8.0 Dubai Turf

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Vazirabad £10 win @ 12’s Ascot Gold Cup

US Navy Flag £5 win @ 18.0 2000 Guineas

Cloth of Stars £5 EW @ 33’s ARC

Sizing Potsie £10 win @ 11/4 Fairyhouse Bumper Lost – £10

Seriously impressive on debut :good:

Fancy a couple of old mates on Sunday but prices a bit crap so will leave it alone.

Salsaretta £2.50 EW @ 25/1 BOG 2.50 Fairy Lost – £5

Mendelssohn £5 win @ 16’s Breeders Cup Classic
    Added £10 win @ 20’s

That was an Arazi performance yesterday and he is not even a three year old for another 6 weeks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Norfolk ‘n’ Chance £75 EW @ 66/1 BOG Cork NR 0

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Putting yesterdays bets all in one place as it is a nightmare to work everything out. Bets are all over the place :mail:

Vivlos £15 win @ 8’s Dubai Turf Lost – £15 ( Thought i had more than a fiver on )
    Vivlos £5 win @ 6’s Dubai Turf Lost – £5
    Vivlos £20 EW @ 10/1 4 Places BOG Dubai Turf 2nd + £20
    Vivlos £20 Lay in play @ 8.0 Dubai Turf Matched @ 1.76 so + £20

Mendelssohn £15 win @ 7/2 UAE Derby Won + £52.50
    Mendelssohn £5 win @ 11/4 UAE Derby Won + £13.75
    Mendelssohn £7.50 win @ 13/5 Boost NRNB UAE Derby Won +£19.50
    Mendelssohn £10 win @ 11/4 USA Derby Won + £27.50

A couple for Monday

Killaro Boy £2.50 EW @ 50’s 6 places BOG 5.05 Fairy
    Coney Island £25 win @ 7/1 BOG 4.25 Fairy

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

A crazy old Month for the thread in March. Never had a NH winner all season and as soon as we get to the end of it, all hell breaks loose again. Maybe it is just a coincidence i don’t know :unsure:

Anyway update after 3 Months

Opening Bank £1954.00
    Current Bank £6080.41

Bets to run

Coney Island £25 win @ 7/1 BOG 4.25 Fairy Lost – £25

Irish National
    Thunder & Roses £10 EW @ 40/1 BOG 6 Places NRNB & £10 win @ 52.0 Lost – £30
    Mall Dini £5 win @ 11’s Boost Lost – £5
    Killaro Boy £2.50 EW @ 50’s 6 places BOG Lost – £5

Grand National
    Tiger Roll £2.50 @ 50.0 £5 win @ 19/1 & £35 win @ 14’s NRNB BOG Won + £707.5 :good:
    Maggio £10 EW @ 130/1 5 places Boost Lost – £20
    Acapella Bourgeois £5 win @ 136.0 & £5 win @ 90.0 lost – £10

Mendelsshon £10 win @ 25’s Kentucky Derby
    Solomini £15 win @ 25’s Boost Kentucky Derby

2000 Guineas
    Verbal Dexterity £15 win @ 25’s NR – £15
    US Navy Flag £20 win @ 15.5 & £5 win @ 18.0

1000 Guineas
    September Free bet to win £414 1000 Guineas
    N/R 0 :negative:

Oaks
    September £10 win @ 25’s & £10 win @ 10’s
    Lady of Shalott £5 win @ 42.0 & £5 win @ 40.0

Derby
    Delano Roosevelt £5 win @ 40’s, £45 win @ 33’s & £5 EW @ 33’s
    Saxon Warrior Free bet to win £536 The Derby
    Laid £10 SW @ 5.6

Latrobe £9 win @ 60.0
    £2.50 EW @ 50/1
    £5 place @ 13.0

Lady of Shalott & Delano Roosevelt £2.50 EW Double Both @ 33/1

Royal Ascot
    Le Brivido £20 win @ 12’s Queen Anne
    BATTAASH £30 win @ 4/1 Kings Stand
    Sioux Nation £10 win @ 12’s Commonwealth Cup
    Vazirabad £10 win @ 12’s Ascot Gold Cup

Nelson £3 win @ 33’s & £7 win @ 25’s St. Leger

Ryan Moore + 50 to win the Jockeys Championship £50 win @ 14/1

The Arc
    Cloth of Stars £10 win @ 38.0
    Cloth of Stars £5 EW @ 33’s

Mendelssohn £5 EW @ 66/1, £5 win @ 16’s & £10 win @ 20’s Breeders Cup Classic

Waiting Patiently £20 win @ 7’s King George

Presenting Percy £7.50 win @ 40’s 2019 Gold Cup
    Disko £3 win @ 70.0 Gold Cup 2019
    Disko £7 win @ 62.0 gold Cup 2019
    Samcro £25 win @ 8’s & £15 win @ 10/1 RSA 2019
    Didtheyleaveuoutto £15 win @ 25/1 & £5 win @ 33/1 Supreme 2019
    Brain Power £7.50 EW Champion Chase @ 40/1
    Supasundae £15 win @ 16/1 Boost Stayers Hurdle
    Hollowgraphic £15 win @ 33’s Ballymore 2019
    Paloma Blue £15 win @ 25’s The Arkle 2019
    Coney Island £10 win @ 50/1 Ryanair 2019
    Coney Island £10 win @ 55.0 Gold Cup 2019

Participant
    • Total Posts 5922

Coney Island £10 win @ 11/2 4.25 Fairy

Really hope he runs well here, my big hope for the year before the season started. :heart:

Rogue Angel £2.50 EW @ 20’s 5.45 Fairy

Both Lost – £15

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 591 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.