Bookies accounts cancelled or restricted bets

Home Forums Horse Racing Bookies accounts cancelled or restricted bets

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Westender2 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Westender2
    • Total Posts 20

Seems to be getting more difficult to get a bet on with online bookies. Over the last 18 months or so I’ve had my accounts closed or bets severely restricted with the following bookies: Sky Bet, BetVictor, Boylesports, Ladbrokes, Sportingbet, Corals, Stan James, Paddy Power, Bodog, Betfred and Totesport. I could understand it if I was winning fortunes but some accounts have been closed or restricted after small wins or no wins at all. I can still normally get a bet on with Bet365 and Hills. I do bet with Betfair but only on the day of the race when the markets are established. Just wondered whether this experience is shared by others who bet on a regular basis?

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4584

Yes, I am a relatively small stakes punter and I had a losing account closed by VC and then Boyles restricted me to SP only which for a debit account was effectively the same thing.

Add to that WH have a £20 minimum to secure best odds and Ladbrokes have recently brought in a £25 minimum for phone bets and it becoming increasingly difficult to get telephone bets on.

I think from my experience you just have to do your best to slip under the radar – try not to get the traders involved if at all possible.

FLOPPYJOE
    • Total Posts 11

Yeh same here.In fact im just flagging a horse up to back TO LOSE with BET365 its Springinherstep 120 at Towcester today.You can get 6/5 about it losing with them and up to a couple of minutes ago you could get 11/10 for it to win with 32red.Admittedly youve got to hit them hard so say £1k at 6/5, which would win £1200,then cover the bet by placing £1k at 11/10.If the horse wins you win £100 if it loses you win £200 not a bad days work for no risk.Better than money in the bank earns.Problem is you get kicked up on their radar and before too long your account gets limited.

FLOPPYJOE
    • Total Posts 11

Another to keep an eye on is SAMENERVE in the 15.20 at TOWCESTER.It is priced at 2/7 to lose the race and at present 7/2 can be got for it to win so at the moment you wont win anything,but if it slips out to 4/1 it becomes a bet where you cant lose

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

Having accounts closed and/or restricted is just one of those hazzards, it’s to be expected.

If a punter’s average bet beats the SP by over 20% he/she is likely to have their bets restricted.

A lot of my bets go to a trader who says yes, no or only so much.

Any gambler who restricts him/herself to each way bets in straight 5,8,12 and 16 runners – and/or against an odds-on shot… Is likely to have their accounts restricted/closed in double-quick time.

Bookmakers can not be expected to keep profit making accounts going indefinitely, otherwise they’d go out of business. However, it is frustrating when you don’t need to be ahead by much to find it closed or restricted.

value is everything

FLOPPYJOE
    • Total Posts 11

Hope someone managed a slice of Springinherstep to lose came second

tbracing
    tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1328

There are plenty of ways round restricted accounts or keeping accounts sweet if you use your nouse

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.