The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Retirements

Home Forums Horse Racing Retirements

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 1,064 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3708

Update from the Pipe yard…..

Gevrey Chambertin
    Red Sherlock
    Shotavodka
    Soll

all retired.

Great news, especially to see them all retired in one piece and now looking forward to a new way of life.

What about David Pipe retiring? The way the stable goes, he might consider it too.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 755

Thanks for the Pipe update. (do they still bother with the Pipeline?, barely a trickle these days)

I thought Gevrey Chambertin had been running with a certain amount of promise. Did anything go wrong with him last time ?

The Prof Tisdall horses seem to be the only ones sustaining things. Departures of Brookhouse, Clifford horses etc must have left quite a void.

• Total Posts 14936

Yeah Pilgarlic, I bet Gevrey in The Eider, and if he hadn’t unseated 4 or 5 out, he would have won for sure. It would have been great for him to have bowed out in style.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9061

I haven’t backed it but I’d love to see Vieux Lion Rouge win the National for them; [having said that need to put some pennies on it now otherwise I won’t be cheering it home]. His strike rate isn’t as bad as some trainers and, unlike most English trainers he did a get a winner at Cheltenham. Guess the sport is a lot more competitive than Pipe Snr’s day. Given that they were the groundbreakers that paved the way for so many of the top stables now I will always wish them well, and David Pipe always comes across as a nice guy; always the first to congratulate his fellow trainers. Do miss seeing David Johnson in the pre parade ring at Cheltenham, though and can never quite believe he’s not there.

• Total Posts 14936

Silviniaco Conti retired, been a smashing horse the last few seasons.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2866

Great to hear he goes out in one piece. Not the most flamboyant of horses but has a tremendous CV. His quick, accurate jumping won him many a race :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16291

Happy retirement Silviniaco Conti :heart:
    So pleased to see his name here today, one of the best.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

Nice to hear SC has been retired!! Happy retirement old fella :good: :good:

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1541

Great to hear of a number of old favourites finishing their careers on happy notes. Seemed like the right time for Silviniaco Conti as he was clearly not the horse of old.

Returning to the Pipe retirements mentioned recently, there is more detail on them here http://www.davidpipe.com/2014-02-27-07-37-23-1/2918-changing-of-the-guard.

It seems Gevrey Chambertin was injured in the Eider prompting his retirement. On a happier note it looks like we may not have seen the last of Shotavodka as he will be going pointing 🙂

Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Happy retirement to Holywell – announced today

Participant
    • Total Posts 16291

Enjoy you retirement Holywell may it be a long and happy one :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    • Total Posts 14936

Good stuff marlingford. He was running a huge race at Newcastle, and I’m just glad he got out in one piece :good:

• Total Posts 14936

Great news Tonge, loved that horse, and gave me many good days.

His win in The Ultima gave me one of my best Ante-Post hits on here, and have watched it back more than once. Would have won The 2015 Gold Cup for sure, but the rain on the Friday put paid to his chances. Was never the same horse really after that slog, and I’m not surprised to see them call it a day after Saturday.

I hope he has a long and healthy retirement :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Retirement of Any Currency announced by Martin Keighley

“Happy retirement to the legend that is Any Currency. Thanks for so many amazing memories. Have fun Team Chasing. We’ll miss you so much!”

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2882

A little bit forward but looks like an announcement will be made shortly for Annie Power who misses Punchestown and being that she is in foal to Camelot, I think that is it for her racing. Going out on top is not a bad way to go though.

• Total Posts 14936

Just in the process of saluting that performance of Menorah, and hoping that he get’s retired, and Hobbs just confirms that he’s run his last race.

What a horse :yahoo:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Just in the process of saluting that performance of Menorah, and hoping that he get’s retired, and Hobbs just confirms that he’s run his last race.

What a horse :yahoo:

Was hoping the same VTC. Great news. Talk about bowing out in style! One of my all time favourites

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 1,064 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.