Best three year old maiden for start of 2018 flat

Home Forums Horse Racing Best three year old maiden for start of 2018 flat

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  nwalton 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 993

will be watching Nathan

Austin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1

Hi all – This is my first post in this forum. I like the horse Tum Tum trained by M.Meade. Would be interesting to know what my fellow punters think about the horse.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 993

welcome Austin

He did catch the eye at HQ after blowing the start, to a degree, in my opinion I don’t think he will want much more than a mile as a three year old.

Hope to see you post more of your views.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1348

Charles, got in touch with John Oxx yard regarding Waikuku, they told me,stays in training was just big and weak so decided to put him away

Many thanks for that info. Hopefully he’ll strengthen up nicely over the winter.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

Qaysar won, had to wait and switch but Levey looked to be in control.
    The runner up Crack On Crack On was worth noting as his head was all over the place and very keen at times throughout the race, improvement to come from that one.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 993

thought the winner was still learning Nathan, could still be plenty to come

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

From Hannon

β€˜He is a nice colt for Al Shaqab Racing and he did that nice and easily this evening. He has plenty of scope for next year and I hope we can have some fun with him.’

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6098

Nice one Nathan :good:

Hannon has another maiden who seems to be improving with every race.

MAGNIFICENT – Zebedee – Barathea Dancer (Barathea) born April 6th (first foal)

He has run 4 x times this year, running well but without winning.
    His last race chasing home Emaraaty at Newbury and drawing clear from the rest of the field, which is always a good sign.

No entries in big races as such but maybe one to watch out for at the beginning of the Flat season.

Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 993

cheers jac

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6098

Your welcome nw :good:
    Will try and sort out a few more when I can but progressive types not as easy to find as first thought.

Will be interesting to look back next season to see how our choices faired, might be a few surprises crop up at nice prices.. Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7128

As mentioned on another thread, I thought Charlie Appleby’s Silverbook made a good impression on his only start at Chelmsford on the 9th November.

By New Approach, Silverbook perhaps ran into an above average sort in John Gosden’s Photographer, also a son of New Approach.

Entered up at Kempton next week and jocked up, Silverbook may find John Gosden’s Glencadam Master his strongest concern after a 3rd on his debut at Nottingham the day prior to Silverbook’s run. The Racing Post awarded Silverbook 81 to Glencadam Master‘s 72 for the efforts so far.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway πŸ˜‰

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3674

Sorry to go for an obvious one but Wadilsafa was unlucky to run into Herculean first time out and is highly regarded by Owen Burrows.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 993

good stuff steve/joni and everyone else

One who might improve over further(although at times looked slow as a boat) is Charlie Appleby’s Ghostwatch,no world beater but may pick up a race or two at 10f+

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.