BBC1 last night

Home Forums Horse Racing BBC1 last night

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by betlarge betlarge 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2655

The stench of corruption in racing grows ever greater as a BBC1 documentary called "Hustle" last night uncovered a network of shady dealings.

Horse theft, the running of a ringer and a full-blown betting scam designed to defraud the public all came to light.  I bet Alan Ridley was making copious notes and for once I couldn’t blame him.

The BHB really do have to act this time.

Disgustedly,

Mike

Mounty
    • Total Posts 490

Mike, you bloody waster. Why weren’t you watching the Eurovision semis on BBC3? Go Georgia, go Georgia!

betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2655

Mike, you bloody waster. Why weren’t you watching the Eurovision semis on BBC3? Go Georgia, go Georgia!

<br>Are Jemini in it?  They were good in a nul points sort-of-way.

Mike

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4125

Quote: from betlarge on 7:20 am on May 11, 2007[br]

<br>Are Jemini in it?  They were good in a nul points sort-of-way.

Mike

BL

No, we’ve entered the Thunderbirds cast this time.

carlisle
    carlisle
    • Total Posts 801

Hi gang

I am not joking this stuff really turns me on.  And by the way Terry gets paid for doing "Children in need".

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2104

now, let’s be clear:  

terry has never asked to be paid.

the bbc has volunteered him a "never remotely commercial" sum of around £9,000 for a seven hour show.

its not a fee; its an honorarium….

….which, unless the taxman can make him out to be an employee or an office-holder, could have the happy consequence of making it non-taxable in his hands.  😉

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6417329.stm

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/nimmanual/NIM02205.htm

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/nimmanual/NIM02216.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><br>Elected LMC members give their time voluntarily and are not employed under contracts of employment.

However, because of the way LMCs are set up Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) considers that elected committee members are office holders.

<br>The strict legal position is that payments to office holders by LMCs are taxable as employment income.<br><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

best regards

wit

graysonscolumn
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7112

Quote: from Mounty on 7:06 am on May 11, 2007[br]Mike, you bloody waster. Why weren’t you watching the Eurovision semis on BBC3? Go Georgia, go Georgia!<br>

<br>Bad enough that she kicked my ass all through Cheltenham – if Mrs Column’s 80-1 ante-post bet on Germany comes off I may as well give up forever. :biggrin:

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.