Leamington Novice Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Leamington Novice Hurdle

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ham 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

SHaping up to be a decent field, count meribel looks a worthy fav, ran in a really tough race in december where the field where quite strung, he gave some weight away and was probably a smarter performance in the conditions than it looks, but hes plenty short giving weight away again and ill be taking him on

Callet mad needs 3m this is the wrong trip again and i fear much the same as LTO for him

Cant see tikkanbar running

Chooseyourweapon open to improvement, ran a decent race last time giving weight but this is alot tougher

Ive gone with two again for now, not guaranteed to turn up but i feel there price is worth taking early,

Mr whipped Beat a decent sort a fair way giving weight, on similar ground this will be run on, only had a couple of runs, likely more to come and @ 7/2 is worth taking the chance he will show up

The other i really liked on debut and i disagree with the race writeup on the racing post, Paisley park Looked to me to be travelling better and going past vision des flos, they have it written he was a length down when jumping the last but they virtually jumped it together and im under the impression he would still have won (by a smaller margin of course) looked a smart performance FTO and ill be taking Paisley park e/w @10/1

A few other decent sorts in the race, but not for me.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2255

Count Meribel would be my choice here. Seemed to ran out of puff last time out when looking the winner as he jumped the last. So coming back in trip obviously a good thing, a very sound jumper and solid type of horse. Not convinced the less exposed horses are anything special.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Good luck judge, he was declared this morning with my two, the two favs trimmed accordingly, so fairly happy i got on @7/2 if he shortens up much more ill likely green out

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2255

never green out

greening out is for wimps

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Haha each to their own judge!

Nothing beats making a profit before the race begins :yahoo:, ill see what the market does tomorrow before i decide!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5293

From my blog (posted last night)

A Grade 2 hurdle featuring some good prospects, and I’m going to take a chance with Paisley Park who has looked very inexperienced in both his races so far, hanging and looking pretty clueless when asked to get involved. But once the penny dropped he got going in the manner of a horse with much potential. The yard has won this twice before and report the horse to be doing well at home and schooling well. He’ll still have a bit to learn and it’ll be interesting to see how quickly things come together for him when they reach the business end in this.

Paisley Park 10/1

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Very happy with the result, mr whipped was a bit free and idled out in front, but won comfortably enough i thought, paisley park finished really strongly for the place and ill be looking to keep him onside at cheltenham as he didnt jump great but finished with plenty in the tank, step up in trip could suit him in the AB

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2255

glad I left that race alone preferring to get hammered on the handicap hurdles instead.

good call with mr whipped ham, although how do you always get these big prices early doors? you must be obsessed with racing to do all this analysis beforehand.

do you have a job or are you a full-time gambler?

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5293

Well done ham, though I’m astounded by the ITV team talking the winner up as a potential star when to my eye the runner up is easily the best horse there, his inexperience costing him the race. He has much more scope to be a top notcher than the winner, to my eye.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

glad I left that race alone preferring to get hammered on the handicap hurdles instead.

good call with mr whipped ham, although how do you always get these big prices early doors? you must be obsessed with racing to do all this analysis beforehand.

do you have a job or are you a full-time gambler?

Cheers judge, although it doesnt always work out so well lol, but theres a load of variables, i set out looking for something that is the wrong price if they were to run, i seen early in the week nico was heading to warwick instead of kempton, almost guaranteed that mr whipped was running

But my main goal is to find the early price where i can green out as ive said often lol, there was no chance mr whipped was going to be 7/2 on the day with his record and connections of the horse, regular punters latch on to that, often shortens them up nicely so i can get ahead of the market.

Ill tend to focus on one race mainly though judge, handicaps etc i just have a little play here and there, the threads i start here are usually the ones ive paid the most attention to/biggest stakes on

And no, i have a job :good: its not something id have any intrest in doing full time, i enjoy being profitable at my limits, thats all.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Well done ham, though I’m astounded by the ITV team talking the winner up as a potential star when to my eye the runner up is easily the best horse there, his inexperience costing him the race. He has much more scope to be a top notcher than the winner, to my eye.

Yeah hes very inexperienced, he still could be anything, i latched onto him early like you said and he was just as inexperienced, hes one to keep onside

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24125

Nice one hammy, Mr Whipped. :good:

value is everything

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1721

Cheers ginge :good:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.