ATR Stable Stars 2017-18 competition

Home Forums Racing Competitions ATR Stable Stars 2017-18 competition

This topic contains 63 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 14 hours, 22 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

I made it a baker’s dozen. Good luck all :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Well advised- I had problems with their site in the final hours last year

I remember it well Mark, it looked touch and go for a while if it had all gone through
    in time to play in the 1st week, but it worked out well in the end. Good to see you’re
    in in plenty of time this year :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

I made it a baker’s dozen. Good luck all :good:

Good luck greenasgrass, but the dirty dozen had grown a bit since I posted that. You are our
    18th league member now…..it’s building up quite nicely with a few days left yet for more
    stables to enter :good:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

Good stuff. I’m gonna waste sooo much time this winter following all the comps 🙂 What nicer way to spend dark winter evenings than contemplating which of your favourite horses you want running for you that weekend :heart:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

That sounds like a plan to me greenasgrass :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

2 Days left to register for the Stable Stars Competition

To compete in the 1st week, and to be eligible for the top TRF League player
    prize, you need to have your Stable entered before 11pm on Friday. We have 18
    Stables entered at the moment, and from the 2 previous competitions it’s not
    unusual to have a late rush on Friday. If you’re thinking of having a go I’d
    get your Stable started as soon as, and as I’ve mentioned before you can change
    it as often as you like before the 11pm deadline on Friday.

All are very welcome :good:

FrankieMac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Only just seen this – I’m not in yet but will do it tomorrow :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Cheers Frankie, tomorrow will be fine, it avoids the last day site slow up.
    Good luck :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

23 in our TRF League at the last count :yahoo:

Where to put the stable STAR is the problem this weekend with so many hopefuls I guess we have to concentrate on the Bonus Races.

With Defi Du Seuil not running be careful not to leave the star on him.

Can you just confirm Graham that if you have your Star on one of the Elite horses you can still move it about over the next few weeks it’s only the Elite horse that remains stable each month.

What a shame that Altior is now grounded until possibly Cheltenham, last year the Elite horses took quite a knocking…hope it doesn’t happen again this year. :wacko:

Really looking forward to this Graham and your updates and time spent on this are very much appreciated.

Come on Team TRF :yahoo:

Jac
    X

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Thanks Jac. Yes it’s building quite nicely and I’m pretty sure we will get a few
    more with last minute Stables on Friday. Thanks for the reminder, but I’ll be
    changing quite a few either today or tomorrow and wont have my star on Defi Du Seuil
    this week. I’ll be leaving him in as one of my two Elite Horses, as he is down to run
    next Saturday at Ascot, so I can change the 2nd Elite horse if it looks like one I
    don’t have will be running next week or shortly thereafter.

I can confirm Jac that you can change your Stable Star every week, whether it was on an
    Elite Horse or one from the Main Horse group. As you rightly say, the Elite Horse is
    one change a month, and the Main Horses you can change 3 every week. I think the change
    in the rules this year make quite a difference with the 3 transfers per week in the Main
    Horse Section. To be honest I’m not sure that I’m keen on that change, I think when it
    was only 1 change per week from the Main Horses, you had to be a bit more clever working
    out who was going where, and look a bit ahead. With the 3 horses, admittedly it makes
    things easier not to miss one in a big race, but I quite liked having to plot out who
    was going where. Maybe I’ll be a convert by the end of this year’s competition, but the
    jury is out on that one at the moment.

I hope Altior doesn’t become this year’s Faugheen of last year, it would be such a pity.
    Hopefully the wind operation doesn’t set him back too much, it seems that Nicky Henderson
    thinks it’s on the minor side of that type of problem.

Not long to go now till the off, best of luck Jac and all :good:

PS. If I can just add one further thing for all in the League. I recognise quite a few
    that I know are TRF members but quite a few that I’m unsure if they are members of TRF.
    Either way its absolutely fine, but can I stress again that anyone in the league who is
    not a member of TRF at the moment, and who is interested in being up for the TRF League
    Leader Prize of £50, then they must register with TRF before the competition
    gets under way. I’m not drumming up new members for TRF, it’s just that without the eventual
    leader being a TRF member, I would have no way of contacting them and vice versa. In any case,
    it would be nice to hear from whoever finally climbs to the top of the podium, and it is the
    TRF League after all. It’s painless and free to enter in any case, and it would give you the
    chance to enter many of the cracking TRF in-house competitions :good:

FrankieMac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

I’m in, first timer so go easy on me!

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Good stuff Frankie, it can take a bit of getting used to as there are quite a lot
    of rules to mull over. We’re into our 3rd year Frankie, and I’ve made a few howlers
    along the way, but hopefully I’ve got a handle on it now. Anything you’re not sure of,
    just fire away with any questions, and best of luck :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

One day left to register

Final reminder that the competition starts on Saturday, but registration
    has to be in before 11pm tomorrow to compete in the 1st week. We are up to
    26 Stables in our TRF League, it’s a good turn out, but still time for anyone
    who is thinking about it to join up.

For those already in the competition, just a reminder that all transfers (as many
    as you like) have to be done before 11pm tomorrow. There are 2 bonus races in the
    first week the Betvictor Gold Cup on Saturday, and the Greatwood Handicap
    Hurdle
    on Sunday, both at Cheltenham. I’d think that you want to have one in
    both of those as there are 50 points on top of the normal points. I also think that
    with the 3 transfers per week in the Main Horse Selection, you can be a bit more short
    sighted in the competition this year, and there are a some which look a bit like a penalty
    kick, such as Faugheen in the Morgiana on Sunday, if he really is as well as the noises
    coming from the Mullins camp suggest. If I’m honest, I’m a little wary of Willie’s “vibes”
    as all has not necessarily been as it seemed in the past. Having said that, if Faugheen is
    anywhere near fit, and back to his best, he would be be back in his stable having lunch
    before the others had been unsaddled.

I think TRF have a real shout in the League of Leagues competition, we have a lot of League
    Members who live and breath horse racing. Very best of luck TRF :good:

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

I joined the other day :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Good man Ham, if my powers of deduction are right, then your stable would
    be kaMIKAZE hOOPS ?

Best of luck, and let’s hope we can all get off to a good start :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.