ATR Stable Stars 2017-18 competition

Home Forums Racing Competitions ATR Stable Stars 2017-18 competition

This topic contains 63 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 14 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Well this is our third year in this competition, and I think we’ve given it a good shot over the
    past couple of years. As I mentioned above, they have added a League of Leagues competition,
    so I hope we can get the same decent numbers entered this year to have another crack at it, it
    would be great to see TRF at the top of the table :good:

I’m going to add a couple of changes myself to our own league, and I hope that it meets with approval.
    I think the person who wins our league deserves more than a pat on the back, and therefore I’m going
    to crack my piggy bank and stick up £50 for the winner But I have to make a couple of provisos in relation to that. The winners will have to be members of TRF, for one thing, if they are
    not a member, I don’t have any opportunity to converse with them and equally they cannot contact me to
    arrange the hand over of the lolly. The competition is run by ATR, I don’t have any control as to who joins
    our league and any person who reads the forum, without being a member, can see the code for the league and
    join. I don’t have a problem with that, but in respect of receiving a prize, they must be a member of the TRF forum. So all I would ask is that anyone who joins the TRF League, if they wish to be considered for the cash prize, they sign up here so that I can be in contact with them. Our winner last year, Ian Tidmarsh (Moet and Pizza Darlings), and well done again to Ian :good: , I assume wasn’t registered with TRF, and although the usual faithful on here heaped praise on him, there was no response. I suspect this was because Ian wasn’t registered (rather than him slinging us a deafy) Ian I see you have registered a stable again this year,
    you played a blinder last year so great to see you back with us. Can I ask, if you are interested in
    the TRF prize, that you could register with TRF so we can keep in touch. Also, if the TRF League were
    to be lucky enough to be top League, again it would be handy to be able to contact members of the TRF
    League with regard to whatever ATR put up as a prize (that has yet to be confirmed).

Sorry to be ranting on, but I have a 2nd stipulation with regard to wining the TRF prize. Any person who
    wants to be considered for the prize must have their stable in before the competition starts on 18/11/17. The reason I mention this is that at one stage last year, one stable joined the League
    a month or so after it had started, and went straight in at the top. I think it would only be fair
    that qualifying prize members are registered at the start, compete with other members on a level playing
    field without fear of someone joining our League midway through with a stable and taking the lead.

Okay, rant over. I hope everyone understands the need for the the changes, but in any case it’s my ba,
    so there B-)

I’ll do a copy of the rules and the bonus races shortly, I found in the past that it was handy to have
    a copy to refer to here. I hope we can get a good League together before the off on 18 November, I think
    we have a lot of wise heads on here that give us a good shout. Roll up roll up :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Here is a copy of the ATR Competition rules, and the bonus races. I feel we (meaning me)
    have more chance of not missing a bonus race if it’s in the forum posts……….

2017/18 Competition Rules
    Stable Stars Game – Start to finish

Competition period: Saturday, 18th November 2017 to Saturday 28th April 2018.
    Points Scoring begins: First race on Saturday 18th November, 2017.
    Entries Open – Friday, 3rd November 2017
    Entries Close – 11pm on 20th April, 2018.

Setting up your Stable

Players must create their own team/stable name upon submitting an entry.
    A stable will comprise of 12 horses, 2 Elite Selections and 10 Main Selections and one horse will have to be selected as the “Stable Star”.
    Stables set up after 11pm, Friday, 17th November, will not be eligible to win points in the first Game week, which runs from Saturday 18/11/17 to Friday 24/11/17.
    Once the game has begun (18/11/17, 12-horse stables can only be created between 12.01am Monday and 11pm Friday each week.
    Stables set up in a defined “Game Week” will only be eligible to start winning points in the following “Game Week”. Each “Game Week” runs from 12am Saturday to 11.59pm Friday, e.g. a stable set up on Tuesday, 20th November, can only start winning points from the following Saturday, 25/11/17 (for Game Week 2 onwards).
    Stable Star
    Players must nominate one horse to be their “Stable Star” each week. A horse must be selected as “stable star” upon submitting entry, which can be changed each week (if not changed, then that same horse remains the “Stable Star”).
    Each player’s Stable Star scores double points for winning a race in that week (or finishing 2nd or 3rd in a bonus race).
    Calculating scores

Horses winning National Hunt races under the Rules of Racing (hurdles, chases and NH flat races) in Great Britain or Ireland will receive a number of points for each win. The number of points gained for each win is determined by the total amount of prize money the winning horse receives (as listed below):
    Non-Bonus Races
    Race value Points
    Race worth £30,000/€33,500 or higher to winner 30
    Race worth £25,000 to £29,999 (€28,000 to €33,499) to winner 25
    Race worth £20,000 to £24,999 (€22,500 to €27,999) to winner 20
    Race worth £15,000 to £19,999 (€17,000 to €22,499) to winner 15
    Race worth £10,000 to £14,999 (€11,500 to €16,999) to winner 12
    Race worth less than £10,000/€11,499 to winner 10
    In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded.
    Stable Star
    A player’s Stable Star scores double points for winning a race in that week.
    So if a player’s Stable Star, for example, was to win two races worth less than £10K that week (10pt score for winning each race), that player would receive 40pts instead of 20pts for those 2 wins.
    Bonus Races
    There will be a list of bonus races throughout the NH season, in which points can be earned for selecting the 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Players gain 50pts for selecting the winner of a bonus race, 25pts for second and 15pts for third. All horse that score points in bonus races will count as winners on the leaderboard. Click here to view the list of Bonus Races.
    In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded.
    Prizes

There is a £8,000 cash top prize for the player who finishes the Stable Stars Game on the highest points total. There will be also be prizes for the 2nd to 10th places in the Overall Game, the top points scorer in the months of December, January, February, March & April, details of which can be found on the Prizes Page – Click here to view all prizes on offer.
    Transfers

Players are permitted three transfers from the Main Selections List each Game Week, transfer window is open from 12.01am Monday to 11pm on Friday (please note that a transfer only affects your stable for the following game week and does not take immediate effect).
    Players are permitted one Elite transfer each calendar month. The month in which the transfer is deemed to have been made is determined by the date of the Saturday on which the horse is added to the stable. The transfer is deemed to be made in the month in which that specific Saturday falls.
    e.g. if a player decides to make an Elite Transfer on Tuesday, 28th November, the Elite Selection will be transferred into his/her stable on Saturday, 2nd December, so this will count as that player’s one Elite Transfer for December.
    Private leagues

All players can set up their own private league by clicking here, and can invite friends, family & colleagues to compete against them in the Stable Stars Game. All players can also join another players private league. To join a private league you will need the league administrator to send you the exact name of the league and the individual four digit code, you can then join via the Private League’s page on Stable Stables.
    At The Races is not responsible for any prizes offered by individuals operating Private/Mini Leagues through stable-stars.com.
    Additional Horses

As the season progresses additional horses may be added to the game. You will be able to transfer these horses into your stable. Check the “Recently Added” tab on the transfer page, to see latest horses added to the Main Selections List.
    Abandoned meetings

In the event that any fixture involving a horse you have selected is cancelled or postponed to fall outside the Game time period (18/11/17 to 28/04/18) this selection will not score any points.
    Injuries/Retirements/Bereavements

If one of your stable selections is reported to be out for the season, you will be able to transfer the affected horse out of your stable as per the normal Stable Stars transfer policy.
    Stable Stars Game Terms & Conditions

– Employees/personnel of Horses Mouth Ltd (t/a Racecaller) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
    – Employees/personnel of Attheraces Ltd and their groups of companies and any employees/personnel of Satellite Information Services Limited providing services to Attheraces Ltd may enter the Competition but will not be eligible to win any of the advertised prizes.
    – Only one entry is allowed per person.
    – Incomplete entries will be void.
    – Free bet prizes will be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant bookmaker.
    – The promoter reserves the right to adapt the silks, stable name and/or name of a participant.
    – The promoter shall not be responsible for lost or misdirected messages, unavailable network connections, failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures, hardware, software or other communications failures or circumstances affecting receipt or entrants ability to participate in the Competition or if any racing applicable to the Competition or the prize is cancelled for any reason.
    – The participant consents to the use of their name for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation. Your personal information will be treated in accordance with At The Races’ Privacy Policy (accessible via the link below).
    – At The Races is not responsible for any prizes offered by individuals operating Private/Mini Leagues through stable-stars.com.
    – Promoter: Attheraces Ltd, Millbank Tower, 21-24 Millbank, London SW1P 4QP. The promoter’s decision is final.
    – The Competition and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.

BONUS RACES

Date Race Title Chase/Hurdle Distance Type Course Country
    18-Nov Betvictor Gold Cup Chase 2m 4f Handicap (G3) Cheltenham UK
    19-Nov Unibet Greatwood Handicap Hurdle Hurdle 2m Handicap (G3) Cheltenham UK
    25-Nov Betfair Chase Chase 3m 2f Grade 1 Haydock UK
    2-Dec Unibet Fighting Fifth Hurdle Hurdle 2m Grade 1 Newcastle UK
    2-Dec Ladbrokes Trophy Chase Chase 3m 2f Handicap (G3) Newbury UK
    9-Dec Betfair Tingle Creek Chase Chase 2m Grade 1 Sandown UK
    10-Dec John Durkan Memorial Chase Chase 2m 4f Grade 1 Punchestown Ire
    16-Dec Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Chase 2m 5f Handicap (G3) Cheltenham UK
    23-Dec JLT Long Walk Hurdle Hurdle 3m 2f Grade 1 Ascot UK
    23-Dec Wessex Youth Trust Handicap Hurdle Hurdle 2m Handicap (G3) Ascot UK
    26-Dec 32Red.com King George VI Chase Chase 3m Grade 1 Kempton UK
    26-Dec 32Red.com Christmas Hurdle Hurdle 2m Grade 1 Kempton UK
    27-Dec Coral Welsh Grand National Chase 3m 6f Handicap (G3) Chepstow UK
    28-Dec Lexus Chase Chase 3m Grade 1 Leopardstown Ire
    29-Dec Ryanair Hurdle Hurdle 2m Grade 1 Leopardstown Ire
    6-Jan At The Races Sussex National Chase 4m Handicap Plumpton UK
    13-Jan 32Red Lanzarote Hurdle Hurdle 2m 5f Handicap Kempton UK
    20-Jan Clarence House Chase Chase 2m 1f Grade 1 Ascot UK
    20-Jan Holloways Handicap Hurdle Hurdle 2m 4f Handicap (G3) Ascot UK
    27-Jan Sky Bet Handicap Chase Chase 3m Handicap Doncaster UK
    3-Feb BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle Hurdle 2m Grade 1 Leopardstown Ire
    3-Feb Coral Handicap Hurdle Hurdle 2m Handicap (G3) Leopardstown Ire
    4-Feb Unibet Irish Gold Cup Chase 3m Grade 1 Leopardstown Ire
    4-Feb Coral Leopardstown Handicap Chase Chase 2m 5f Handicap (G3) Leopardstown Ire
    10-Feb Betfair Hurdle Hurdle 2m Handicap (G3) Newbury UK
    17-Feb Ascot Chase Chase 2m 5f Grade 1 Ascot UK
    17-Feb Betfred Grand National Trial Chase Chase 3m 4f Handicap (G3) Haydock UK
    24-Feb Betbright Handicap Chase Chase 3m Handicap Kempton UK
    24-Feb Betfred Eider Chase Chase 4m 1f Handicap Newcastle UK
    3-Mar Grimthorpe Handicap Chase Chase 3m Handicap Doncaster UK
    13-Mar Racing Post Arkle Chase Chase 2m Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    13-Mar Stan James Champion Hurdle Hurdle 2m Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    14-Mar RSA Chase Chase 3m Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    14-Mar Queen Mother Champion Chase Chase 2m Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    15-Mar Ryanair Chase Chase 2m 5f Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    15-Mar Sun Bets Stayers’ Hurdle Hurdle 3m Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    16-Mar Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase 3m 2f Grade 1 Cheltenham UK
    17-Mar Betfred Midlands Grand National Chase 4m 2f Handicap Uttoxeter UK
    2-Apr Boylesports Irish Grand National Chase 3m 5f Handicap (G3) Fairyhouse Ire
    12-Apr Betway Aintree Hurdle Hurdle 2m 4f Grade 1 Aintree UK
    12-Apr Betway Bowl Chase Chase 3m 1f Grade 1 Aintree UK
    13-Apr JLT Melling Chase Chase 2m 4f Grade 1 Aintree UK
    14-Apr Randox Health Grand National Chase 4m 2f Handicap (G3) Aintree UK
    14-Apr Ryanair Liverpool Stayers’ Hurdle Hurdle 3m 1f Grade 1 Aintree UK
    21-Apr Coral Scottish Grand National Chase 4m Handicap (G3) Ayr UK
    24-Apr Boylesports Champion Chase Chase 2m Grade 1 Punchestown Ire
    25-Apr Coral Punchestown Gold Cup Chase 3m 1f Grade 1 Punchestown Ire
    26-Apr Ladbrokes Champion Stayers Hurdle Hurdle 3m Grade 1 Punchestown Ire
    27-Apr Betdaq Champion Hurdle Hurdle 2m Grade 1 Punchestown Ire
    28-Apr Bet365 Gold Cup Chase Chase 3m 5f Handicap (G3) Sandown UK
    Bonus Races, that are rescheduled within the dates of the game (18/11/17 to 28/04/18) will still be counted as “Bonus Races”, however any Bonus Race that is rescheduled to a date outside of the date range: 18/11/17 to 28/04/18, will not count for points in the Stable Stars Game.

KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 356

Im in :yahoo:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

Just getting my team together Graham and will make sure I remember to have a star horse running in every bonus race.
    Hope I can help to get us some points in the League Of Leagues and many thanks for putting up a prize of £50 for the winner of our private league…if I a am lucky enough to win that I would love it to go to Hillside Animal Sanctuary, Frettingham, Norfolk where I sponsor an ex racehorse, Dawn. :heart:
    Back to the comp and see you soon :bye: Jac X

Just a reminder of the League name and pin…..

The Racing Forum

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

I’m in Graham but seem to have not named my stable so it’s just come up as Jacqueline’s Stable so I will try somehow to change that as it was supposed to be The Kauto Stars.
    Main thing though the horses have all come up okay so will leave them there now until the changeover happens, I’ll look out here for the reminders.
    The League is shaping up nicely already so good luck everyone.. :good: Jac

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Im in :yahoo:

Great stuff Sprinter :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Great to see your stable up and running Jac :good:
    I’d be absolutely delighted if you won it, I think it’s a very
    thoughtful idea that the Hillside Animal Sanctuary would benefit
    from your good fortune. Very best of luck :good:

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

I have arrived :unsure:

I see American is a popular pick. This is obviously due to the fact he’s going to hack up in the Hennessy.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Welcome Charles, I hope you’re right about American, he looks a bit special :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

Come on American :yahoo: and The Kauto Stars are up and running as my stable, I sent feedback to ATR that I had somehow omitted to name my stable and they put it right, so full marks to them :good: :good:

Love all the banter and rants Graham…keep it up. 😉
    This is going to be a great competition and with Bobby’s 10 to Follow the Craven Meeting will fly round. :whistle: Jac

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

7 days left to register

Just a reminder that entries, to qualify for the 1st week, have until 11pm
    next Friday. We have a few who have already thrown their hat into the ring,
    but we could do with building a decent league to do well in the League of
    Leagues competition. Plenty of cash (£10,000) to play for, and even if one
    of our guys don’t hit the jackpot, there’s a £50 consolation prize for the
    top scoring TRF member in the TRF league.

https://www.stable-stars.com/
    The league name is The Racing Forum (with spaces) and the league pin is 1040.

Come along now ladies and gents, get your names in there…….your TRF needs you :good:

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1963

I’m in. Good luck all

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

Great to see you back again this year Mark, best of luck :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

5 days left to register

At the moment we have a dirty dozen in the TRF League, but still time to
    get your Stable organised before the off. If memory serves, we had quite
    a lot of our stables registered late on last year, some wanting to wait
    til as late as possible to ensure their selection was running over the
    coming week. We probably had about the same number at this stage, although
    we ended up with over 40.

I would point out that probably thousands of others had the same idea, which
    meant that the system was swamped on the Friday and I think things ran quite
    slow. At least one of our League members didn’t know if he had beat the deadline
    until the following morning. To avoid the late rush, it might make it easier to
    get a stable registered with any ten you fancy, and thereafter change them as many
    times as you like on the run up to deadline.

All welcome :good:

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1963

Well advised- I had problems with their site in the final hours last year

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.