Ascot Chase 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ascot Chase 2018

This topic contains 235 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by steeplechasing steeplechasing 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1984

A lovely win from Waiting Patiently and Ruth Jefferson. A brilliant horse.

Off the front, Cue Card has run an absolute belter. That was a very quick gallop they’ve gone there and he’s stayed out on his own all the way until Waiting Patiently got there. Two fantastic horses. Two great runs.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Excellent from the winner and excellent from cue card, i hope the retirement calls (previous to this) are firmly forgotten, ran a fantastic race at his age.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19342

Great race

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1972

I wonder if Cue Card May well have won if not for Speredek. And I wouldn’t be surprised if paddy Brennan had a word with the stewards about Hughes dangerously cutting him up after the last. Great race nonetheless.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Dont think he would have won but he did cut him off quite badly, caught CC on the head as he cut across

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1061

An unforgettable race

Waiting patiently emerged as a horse of true quality at kempton and looked set to cruise home today but this great great horse cue card never let go. What a star. How many horses have battled away at the top level for so long and with such determination

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 183

Very happy to see two of my favourite horses fight out a great duel, although I was rooting for Cue Card the most. If it comes up a bit soft at Cheltenham I think Waitingly Patienly will be favourite for the RyanAir.

I hope Paddy Brennan will Cue Card again next time.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5294

Fabulous from Cue Card but for Waiting Patiently to move so smoothly through the field from a long way back and come to Cue Card’s girth cruising tells you all you need to know. This is a top class animal who has been brought along so quietly and cleverly that he still has quite a bit to learn. Gold Cup horse.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 538

Don’t think Waiting Patiently is a Cheltenham horse even if he gets his ground, personally. He seems to thrive on these flatter tracks.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1972

No enquiry but I’ve only just had chance to see it back and surely someone had to have a word with Brian Hughes about that manoeuvre.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1283

Well done Brian Hughes for a ride that suited his horse’s name, and CC for making it a great race.

Ricco
    Participant
    • Total Posts 46

Shame Hughes felt the need to cut to the rail so aggressively and stop Cue Card in his tracks. Diluted the battle at the end, which would have been great to see and would have seen him win anyway.

Great to see Cue Card go well, I don’t think he quite has it in him at 12 to win at Cheltenham, he’s always going to be flagging at the end, but I’ve always fancied him as more of a 2 1/2 mile horse, it just always surprises me when he goes well over further, so maybe one final spin in the Ryanair may bring the best out of him, he clearly still travels well.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Ricco.
    robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4112

Degaussed said:

Don’t think Waiting Patiently is a Cheltenham horse even if he gets his ground, personally. He seems to thrive on these flatter tracks.

He won comfortably at Carlisle which has plenty of ups and downs, not unlike Cheltenham in some way, Sedgefield isn’t flat, nor Newcastle or for that matter Ascot. On the evidence of 7 wins and 2 seconds from 9 races he handles pretty much any track that he’s presented with.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 431

Interesting that Brian Hughes said the ground was quick enough even though it was soft.
    Wonder if we ever see the horse at Cheltenham.

Zamorston
    Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1120

Can only echo what’s been said already! Brilliant race and tremendous performances from the front two…weight of my money seemed to weigh down Top Notch who I was never happy with from some way out!

Really hope we get to see Waiting Patiently run at Cheltenham, would be a crying shame if he didn’t go there…up the North!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.