After some work

Home Forums Horse Racing After some work

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kotkijet 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 243

Hi everybody, hope all are well.

I’m currently doing one of my things where I travel aimlessly around the country. Over the past few weeks, I’ve done Huddersfield, London, Bristol, Port Talbot, Cardiff, Glasgow and Faslane. Right now, I’m sat at Glasgow airport awaiting a flight to Southampton and from there, I’ll jib around eventually winding back in Manchester.

Now I was wondering, and I know it’s a long shot, but how would one go about getting some work experience at some stables? Basically, I’d be looking for a gig where I’d be mucking out, cleaning tack and doing general donkey work in return for food and shelter. Preferably in the Newmarket area since that’s kind of on my way home but I will consider anywhere essentially.

I have no specific time spans but anything between a few days and a few weeks from next week-ish would be brilliant.

So any advice, pointers and otherwise either here or by pm would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2313

RP Jobs on the RP site Kotki or the classifieds in the post.

I think horse and hound would have some but your best bet is to buy the post, check the classifieds, ring the numbers and beg!! :D

Good luck and fair play to you. Sounds like an adventure.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3031

Try contacting the Job Centre in Newmarket or any other racing centre. There are usually yard man jobs available that are not advertised in the Racing Post. That’s how I got my first job in a racing yard.

Good luck, Kotkijet.

Colin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.