‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

This topic contains 1,335 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by The Ante-Post King The Ante-Post King 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,336 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24171

Nice story of you and Belle Gord.

Here’s a song to bring back some more memories of those Streets Of London. Just don’t show it to Belle. :wink:

Turn the volume up as loud as possible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOM3ucG4iV8

Nice pic of you on guitar solo. :lol:

value is everything
    bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1631

Watch you make of

Dispour

King Gordy? I reckon he looks like a future Chester Cup horse. Thoughts?

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Ginge I’ve often wondered what it is about you that earns your Kings respect.I know I’m hard on you at times but its for your own good,you are a lot like myself,naturally shy and introvert.Sometimes though I think "You wanna be me",trouble is there’s only one TAPK and there always has been,one day I’d like to see a young protoge from off here who can live up to the heady title of "Legendary King of Ante-Post",anyway I’m digressing somewhat,I have always been the lone Assassin type whereas you are more a Battalion of Tanks ploughing in sort,my bullets are of the hollow point type the kind that explode on impact we used to call them ‘Dum dums’.You can be a bit of a ‘Dum dum’ at times I know but for as much as I describe you as a bit of a fruitcake on a Gattling gun and you’d cost the Ministry of defence a fortune in ammo your argument that at least you cant miss the target holds water.Anyway its not your Betting style I’m complimenting here but your taste and knowledge of REAL Music.This may surprise you but I was an original Punk,I was shopping in ‘Boy’ on the Kings rd (named after myself I believe) and going upto Scotland wearing clothes like Tartan Bumflaps,Tartan Bondage trousers whilst they were wearing Tartan ‘Bags’ with 26" bottoms and 6" waistbands with a dozen buttons sewn on.TAPK always has stood out from the crowd,mind you imagine what you would look like dressed with your string vest and spikey Ginger mop? No mate I tip my Crown to your taste in music,we do have something in common! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92AjVKOd0W0

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Good old London Town Gord, I too was born there and love visiting also but sadly could never live there again!!

Vautour chances in CH? I’ve followed you with MTOY and have backed Holywell at massive prices for Gold Cup :-)

Today I have remained loyal to Keltus and hope the Cheltenham form holds up, Stuck with Roalco but purely out of loyalty!! A dark one to check out is Cullotys Varxom in the last at 20s who could go well :-) good luck today mate

GDC,you are a brave man taking prices on a horse I believe could go straight over fences next season and avoid his Champion hurdle bid.No question he’s a bloody good horse but I’m a great believer in letting the dust settle and watching then re-watching horse races over and over again and I have to say all things being equal

The New One

will redeem himself next year particularly if

My Tent or yours

goes chasing,

Vautour

would do a ‘Champagne Fever’ and set it up for me winning the Arkle at 20/1! :wink:

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Watch you make of

Dispour

King Gordy? I reckon he looks like a future Chester Cup horse. Thoughts?

Young enough to do just that Boz,the handicapper might struggle to give him a mark but I’d say around the 100 mark is fair which would get him in nicely if its protected for next year.Gritty sort I thought.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Come on

Burton Port

and AP MCCoy!

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Poppin away lovely AP! Keep him at it my son!

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Evens in running AP Come on my son!

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

And then he goes 1/5 in running and I never layed him!! :twisted: :twisted: What hurts more is bloody ‘Hadrians Approach’ a horse I’ve bought does you like that………OUCH! :(

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

Gord you still not reply back on my 2 last posts for you

Also any ante post bets for Royal Ascot from you yet

Any thoughts on CLOUDSCAPE who won other day

And outside from AUSTRALIA who can you see being the derby horses from Ireland this year FASCANATING ROCK has improved at 3. and aga khan horse Sinsal who on debut won quite well too both from Dermot Weld yard.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Gord you still not reply back on my 2 last posts for you

Also any ante post bets for Royal Ascot from you yet

Any thoughts on CLOUDSCAPE who won other day

And outside from AUSTRALIA who can you see being the derby horses from Ireland this year FASCANATING ROCK has improved at 3. and aga khan horse Sinsal who on debut won quite well too both from Dermot Weld yard.

Cloudscape

25/1 for the St Leger Darren,I know what you are thinking mate.

Dont start getting carried away with this mudlover

Fascinating Rock

either,he aint no Epsom sort for sure.

No Royal Ascot wagers other than my Gold cup horse

Simenon

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Gord what your thoughts on KINGMAN at the weekend and other winners Gosden had like WESTERN HYMM,BRIGHT APPROACH,EAGLE TOP.

I’d be amazed if

Kingman

didn’t get the Guineas mile Darren but

Toormore

will take the sting out of him for sure.

Western Hymn

looks a slow maturing sort,’Master Carpenter’ gives credibilty to the form so he’s one to watch for Royal Ascot.

Bright approach

interests me for obvious reasons and I look forward to seeing her entries……Group 1 filly in the making?

Eagle top

,another interesting one darren a close relation to ‘Sariska’but being a colt you hope the ‘traits’ aren’t there.John Gosden has a plethora of talent at his disposal,lets just hope he can get

Kingman

to Newmarket. :shock:

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

TAPK wakes up to the magical 50,000 views on his ‘Different Approach’ thread and that makes it 5 consecutive years now I have achieved that figure in less than a year on all my Best Sellers.I ought to write a book about the skill required to be the King of Ante-Post betting as it is just that.Having just read the

Treve

thread it amazes me how some folk take this game so literally,she is a target horse if ever there was.Dual female Arc winner something

Zarkava

should have attempted too.No if we all read things like those criticising ‘Treve’ I for one would never have backed

Burton Port

in the Whitbread a horse who’s done nothing for over a year but then again thats what seperates me from others. 8)
    Being The Ante-Post King puts immense pressure on ones shoulders,I’ve not got shoulders like an American GI,I way in at 14 stone and wear a 17 inch Collar,they are not the proportions of a Man Mountain but metaphorically I’m percieved as such because my Pen is like a Cannon,not a loose one but a well armed one and when it ocassionally hits a target it obliterates it.After 5 years of unleashing my big guns its become the norm for me to put up these incredible works of art some of which are entombed in the vaults of TRF forever.Thanks to all who contribute and make these threads what they are……….pure

Tapestry

8)

bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1631

How’s the heart ahead of Sunday Gord? I’m feeling jittery, funny how they always seem much more of a cert months in advance compared to as the day approaches eh? :roll:

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

How’s the heart ahead of Sunday Gord? I’m feeling jittery, funny how they always seem much more of a cert months in advance compared to as the day approaches eh? :roll:

You’re on ‘My Titania’ aren’t you Boz? She is

Tapestrys

big danger,I fear her more than ‘Rizeena’ but as is the case with every Ante-Post wager I have had in the past 30yrs my first thought is getting there,its a horrible feeling losing your bet so close to the event.If I lose in a Photo like I did with ‘MTOY’ twice now really it hurts but if my assessment of the calibre a horse achieves is right that keeps your confidence up,its all Luck if we win or lose but if my horses scale the heights I predict then I know my ability as a judge wont ever waiver.I knew

Shutthefrontdoor

never ran his race at Cheltenham others thought that was his level. :wink: I could write a book on the conclusions I come to about horses but I still assess them on a gut feeling too.I’m more bothered that statistically I back the winner of the Gold cup every 2nd year! :wink: I’m on

Tapestry

at 16/1 down so if she does run then I’m guaranteed a place all things being equal but I saw enough last year to tell me she will progress further than most.I might do a ‘Dawn approach’ and pop down at the last minute to lead her in,thats how TAPK works.Nerves me? Nah! :lol:

No pleasure from me knowing my main danger is out but my god I’m snaffling all the 10/1 with Hills e/w of course about my filly of the year

Tapestry

weaving her way through the 1000gns field on Sunday.I just hope she gets there now as its an insulting price not to collect from.If she goes off 10/1 on Sunday then Ginge is a better judge than me……….Yeh right! :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,336 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.