2yo summary thread 2018

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks 2yo summary thread 2018

This topic contains 224 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by jackh1092 jackh1092 3 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

I didn’t see enough to back Legends Of War for the Guineas or anything but expected he would prove better than he showed today. Has to be said he has plenty to prove now.

Pursuit Of Magic ran at Leopardstown this evening but showed very little, beaten a long way in 4th behind Aidan O’Brien’s Camelot filly Goddess who was making her second start.

Goddess absolutely dotted up tonight, making all before readily clearing away to win by TEN lengths. On her previous start she was well behind Peach Tree, who I mentioned earlier in the thread.

This was Goddess’s win and it’s pretty hard to fault that performance, although the winning margin would suggest that she hasn’t beaten much there. If any of the others are much cop, surely Goddess is group quality already.

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Leopardstown/12-July-2018/1740

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Gingertipster Gingertipster.
    value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

Nowhere did I say I backed Legends Of War for the Guineas. It was all supposition of what would have happened if he had won the Coventry and what odds he might be for the Classic had that transpired.

Show me where I said I had backed him for the 2000 Guineas?

This is pretty pathetic carry on, crawling onto the only thread I am posting on now to accuse me of being a liar.

Is it Aspergers Syndrome you suffer from Ginger?

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19325

I believe the 90 is what Steve rated the horse Ginge at the time
    I had a couple of pound on Legends Of War but have more on Calyx at 20’s and William Hill boost at 22’s. At those prices you can afford to get a few wrong especially at this early stage and level of my staking.
    Had a couple of quid on Goddess after her win today at 20’s, she got beat debut but trainer and pedigree you can almost write off anything she achieves as a two year, should make a better 3 y/o and the season is moving along.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19325

Oh do practise what you preach dear Ginger
    When the Grand National comes around you will have delight in telling everyone that you backed the 100/1 winner x amount of years ago without telling them the countless other runners you also backed in the race effectively knocking the overall price down to whatever it is.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

I never backed Legends Of War for the Guineas as I don’t see him as a 3YO prospect.

My Coventry horse was Sergei Prokofiev and I had him at 33/1 for that race. There became a doubt as to whether he would run so it seemed sensible to have a saver to cover my stake on Sergei Prokofiev in the event that he went to the Norfolk, so I had a small saver on Legends Of War based on the way he quickened for a tap down the shoulder at Yarmouth.

Other talk of prices was just advice on the likely odds Legends Of War was likely to be if he were to win the Coventry and be talked of as a Guineas contender. I didn’t think 20/1 was a good Guineas price myself because I don’t see him as a horse for next year but others are entitled to hold their own views and I was suggesting that if they fancied the horse for the Guineas, it would surely be sensible to take 20/1 rather than wait and potentially be looking at 8/1.

As things stand Calyx is my only bet on the 2000 Guineas, at 25/1, taken shortly after the debut win. I use my own judgement. If people need to see Timeform Ratings before getting involved they can expect to have to take shorter odds.

Diluted value? How many horses did certain parties have in the Grand National? How diluted was their value? I think even the starter was covered just in case :whistle: Did they find the winner? NO but it is comforting to know that the winner was the other one they were thinking about. Strange that there was silence for over a week after that race.

I am NOT a professional punter and I largely bet very small ante post at big odds for fun. I don’t know why anyone would be obsessed with following me around making accusations that are of no interest to anyone else on the forum. If someone is making profit from racing, can they not just be happy with that and leave fun punters alone to have a bit of that FUN.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

Mount Tabora is interesting today after being a hot fancy on debut and only coming 5th.

Tomorrow sees an interesting 7F maiden at Newmarket where John Gosden unveils another Scat Daddy colt in the form of the half million dollar New Jazz.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

Mount Tabora was a bit disappointing again, well held in 3rd by a Godolphin newcomer.

Earlier Pretty Pollyanna hosed up but seems a bit skinny at 10/1 for the Guineas. Michael Bell wouldn’t be my trainer of choice for sure. Each to their own though.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Boitron could be a nice one for Hannon. Impressed with his Newbury debut.

Quorto could be the next Masar.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Edited by Gingertipster.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.