2018 November Handicap

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2018 November Handicap

This topic contains 25 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Nausered 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Doesn’t quite have the stature it used to, but still a race I like to have one last go at……

https:/https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/november-handicap/winner/www.racingpost.com/racecards/racecards/15/doncaster/2018-11-10/713829

Few catching the eye….

Aasheq Not so good last time, but ran with plenty of promise at York before that, suggesting there was plenty more to come 25’s

Grey Britain Had this in mind for him since his win at Newmarket, and though there’s a chance the ground could go against him as the week goes on, right now he looks to have conditions in his favour. He looks big enough to have an early play 33’s

Mixboy Really versatile, and really likeable type, who’s in good heart. There’s the suspicion that he’s just short of what’s required on the big stage, but he’s not one I’d write off quickly 33’s

My Lord and Master Maybe a little disappointing this year, but the way he finished last time at York, suggests he can easily get involved here 12’s

Reshoun Another one who comes into this off the back of his last run, he was very impressive last time at Haydock for last years winning connections 12’s

Theglasgowwarrior Been a smashing horse to follow this season, and he’s rarely run a bad one. Versatile tripwise, and looks a serious player once again. I’ll definitely be involved, should he be declared 14’s

Thistimenextyear Happy enough with his prep last time, following a nice win at Windsor. Looks a serious each way candidate 25’s

I really like Aasheq and Theglasgowwarrior, but right now, even with slight weather concerns, I have to chance Grey Britain with an early play.

Grey Britain 33’s Each Way

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7268

Good luck with Grey Brittain Bobby, I was kicking myself for not backing him at Newmarket when he won at 50/1 from my horse UAE Prince, he was my pick in the pre-parade as he looked really race fit and Gerald Mosse gets on really well with him.

After backing him on Saturday and if he turns up I have to go with HAWRIDGE FLYER
    trained by Rod Millman and out of Sir Percy and Strictly Lambada (Red Ransom). Highly consistent and seems to go on any ground, he stayed on strongly to beat Nietzsche by four and a half lengths on Saturday.
    I went to see him in the winners enclosure and he didn’t seem to have come out of the race badly so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he will run and have taken 33/1 with Paddy Power to see his big white face leading the field for the last hurrah of the flat season. :heart: Jac

Hawridge Flyer 33/1 EW

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3549

It has absolutely hammered it down up here today!!!
    I did consider starting to build an ark!! Biblical link LOL

So my three short list are

RESHOUN for last years winners and will love any give in the ground!! 12/1

NOW CHILDREN who impressed last time out and will appreciate soft ground again!! 10/1

SEAFARER at 20/1 . Now this could be a bit left field but I have a sneaky feeling this horse is far better than his mark of ninety one and IMO has been laid out for this!! I know it is a guess but he has had two runs since May and hopefully will be cherry ripe for this!!

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Sorry Jac, missed your post. You and me both, gave him a long look that day……not best pleased lol

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 340

To Be Wild is an intriguing runner, been off for well over a year but had a favourable mention in the trainers stable tour earlier this year-had an injury and has taken time to come back but could easily be listed class judged on earlier wins. The talented Nicole Currie takes off 3 and at 11/1 could be a value bet with a decent draw.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 577

Buzz 11/1

Ground should be GS which he’ll really enjoy and think the 12F is probably his ideal trip, not staying 14F two starts ago and staying on strongly to win on the line over 10F last time. Hughie is a great target trainer and this has been his plan most of the year.

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 435

I backed Royal Line last year in this as a 3yo when it did not work out. I backed him last time when he scooted up too. I backed him yesterday for this, at 8-1 quite heavily. The 10lb hike in the weights does not bother me. The penny really seemed to drop with this horse last time. I’d have loved Doyle to have retained the ride. He’s absolutely bred in the purple, and I can see him being a decent group class animal next year. Rab was on ATR last night after a Gosden winner, saying he’ll love the ground tomorrow and the more rain the better. On that point Kev, there’s quite a bit of rain about next 24 hours. I think it could end up being softer than G/S. It will not take loads on already goodish ground this time of year. The widest draw should not be a problem for a horse ridden patiently like Royal Line. If they go a good pace unlike last year, I can see him putting up a really nice performance tomorrow.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 976

I’ve landed on one for this so far, but i am looking for another..

Temple Church- 33/1- single no. draw not ideal. Some heavy rain tonight will help him, and hopefully it makes the ground a bit softer. Last run was a G3 and probably just outclassed. Race before that, too keen. Hopefully this will be run at a strong pace and he can settle and show the form of his run 3 runs back. At the price worth a stab, but probably would’ve liked it proper soft.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3549

I live in Barnsley just down the road from Donny and after the biblical rain the other day I thought it would already be soft but after walking the dogs today I would say it isnt soft yet!! But rain is predicted tonight and then dry tomorrow so I don’t think it will be real soft maybe good to soft but no worse!

Anyway weather forecast over and back to the horses!! LOL

As you know have already backed NOW CHILDREN RESHOUN and SEAFARER and have gone in again on NOW CHILDREN at 11/1 six places and SEAFARER at 33/1 six places.
    The other one I think that deserves a mention is Erik The Red who wanst no rain but at 16/1 has to be worth an interest after placing second in this two years ago and is only a pound higher. If the rain stays away he will go close IMO.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3549

Update on the weather …

Has been raining for two hours now!!

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 435

Yes mate I was going to say earlier, 6-8mm forecast tonight. That will have an effect.

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 311

Haven’t had a bet this year. Do think Temple Church could outrun bigger odds though.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7268

Since my fancy Hawridge Flyer didn’t make the cut I’ve been deliberating over one or two here and initially was going to go for Wolf Country to make all, but having watched the race in which Now Children beat him after being hampered by the fall of the ill fated Dubawi Prince , I have decided to give Eddystone Rock a chance to end the season on a winning note.
    I know he’s going to have to come from the back with a late run and hope his jockey can keep him out of trouble and the gaps open up for him to make a late run for the line, he was third in this last year.
    EDDYSTONE ROCK (around 12/1)

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4646

I stuck up Baydar at 16s earlier in the week (ante post thread)
    and I think he is a winner in waiting. Back in September he was as unlucky as
    unlucky could be at Chester over 1m6f, when he burst through late on to just
    go down by a head. Later that month he was 5th in a messy race over 1m6f at
    Haydock, he didn’t have things go his way with two to go, but kept on well
    after not having much room. Last time out he looked like he would get his head
    in front, only to be pegged back in the last 1/2 furlong. That was over 2 1/2m
    at York, and I think the drop back to 12f here, with a decent pace on which I’m
    sure he’ll get, considering he was running off a mark of 105 last year, he could
    be primed for this off a mark of 91. Andrea Atzeni has never sat on him before,
    and that’s a good booking in my book. He’s down to 14s, but I think that’s an
    e/w steal at 7 places with Willie Hill.

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 435

Ground now being given as soft, G/S in places and more rain forecast before racing too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.