Lockinge 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lockinge 2018

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Had a quick look at this + as has been mentioned on this forum already, the milers this year are uninspiring.

I thought Beat The Bank looked a relative stand out for this at around 7/1 depending where you bet.

I am happy to oppose Rhododendron on the fact she might just be better over further. She also has been a little disappointing.

Limato, can’t have him over a mile.

Addeybb, potential is there, but has something to find for me form-wise- but he could still do that. He’d be my greatest worry.

Zabeel Prince looked decent on seasonal debut and could improve, but its a big step up.

What are others thoughts on this?

I haven’t heard a whole pile on beat the bank this year, other than the RP Stable Tour. Has anyone heard anything?

:good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Rhododendron the best of this lot for me, doesnt bother me back at a mile, cant have much else atall, zonderland would be my e/w angle if hes fully geared up, havent seen his best yet but i really think rhododendron will win this 4/1 is fair enough.

TheGun
    TheGun
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but Suedois surely must be better than a 20/1 shot for this?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by TheGun TheGun.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 431

Addeybb was a strong fancy of mine as hes on the up but I have a doubt about the word firm in the going description. For that reason after backing him last weekend I cashed out Wednesday. Don’t like the others much.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Mike007.
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4474

I’m with you Jack on Beat The Bank. I put him up in the
    ante post competition thread at the best price at that time, which was 7/1.
    I’m surprised to see he’s on offer at 9/1 in a couple of places, but I’m
    not complaining, I’ll take some of that too. I’m not sure what went wrong
    in the QE II Stakes at Ascot last time out, but his form prior to that was
    quite impressive to my eye. If Ascot was just one of those days, I think he
    will win.

I also put up Libresa Breeze at 16s, and he’s still on that
    mark. He’s frustrating at times, he maybe should have won more than he has,
    but his style of running means he needs to find the gaps late on. If he does,
    he has some turn of speed. It could be said, and with some justification, that
    he is better at 6/7f, but he has won at a mile and even 10f so I don’t think the
    trip will be the issue, it’s down to whether the gaps open late on. I can see him
    charging through and at least taking a place.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19342

Looks a decent race in terms of competitiveness
    I’ve done Lightning Spear at 20’s and just had another small bet at 25’s. He could be past it going on his later performances last season but tends to run well 1st time out including this race last year when at one stage really looking to be putting in a challenge to Ribchester before that one pulled away.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    orabist
    orabist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Encouraging for me that the times at Newbury today weren’t that fast; not sure if there was a headwind. Mr Osgood’s going descriptions always have to be taken with a fair dose of salt anyway, he seems to make it up as he goes along. By the by I too like the look of Beat the Bank and would say Addeybb looks the main danger. At the likely prices it would have to be BTB. Looks like there’ll be a reasonable pace up front with the O’Brien 2nd,3rd, 4th etc strings likely to race prominently. Might pay to sit mid-div or towards the rear early.

A good jockey doesn't need orders and a bad jockey couldn't carry them out; so it's best not to give them any.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1984

Am I the only one thinking this is a crazy market? I’d have Rhododendron behind Limato, Addeybb and Beat The Bank. 5/2 for the O’Brien filly is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. That price will drift out tomorrow I’m 100% sure.

Addeybb for me @ 13/2

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Was she ever 5/2? 7/2 been available for days, still is..

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 520

Lancaster Bomber for me. Some brilliant form last season, will really like the quick ground and on ratings he’s near the best of these. Double figures is too big, just hope he isn’t the pacemaker!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 431

Now that 4 places are available i will chance Addeybb as an ew angle.

TheGun
    TheGun
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

Suedois is now available at 25/1 with 4 places at Paddy Power. Looks a rick to me.

Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 581

Addeybb at 13/2 e/w is a decent bet, could have more to come unlike some of these more exposed horses. Ground is a concern though.

Fascinating renewal, great to see such a competitive Lockinge.

Good luck everyone.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Pants Pants.
    orabist
    orabist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Backed BTB at 10’s 1/4 4 places with B365. He’s drifting at the mo, may cash out if repeated on course. Murillo looks a good thing in the first. Saw him at HQ on Guineas day (pre parade) looks all over a sprinter; reminiscent of Dream Ahead in looks.

A good jockey doesn't need orders and a bad jockey couldn't carry them out; so it's best not to give them any.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1972

I do like Addeybb but even if he does handle conditions his best form is still somewhat behind that of Group 1 winners Limato and Rhododendron. I’ve backed those two at 5/1 and 4/1 respectivly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.