Grand National 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2018

This topic contains 441 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 442 total)
  • Author
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3355

I think you might see that I have already bet Warriors Tale guys and said so in a previous post.

I know you said you were on at 50/1 Nausered and I am on at 40/1 NRNB .

Also mentioned the Trevor Hemmings purchase too and it does look a stonking bet and won’t be anything like 50/1 if it turns up!!

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 288

Sorry Raymo I missed it, I read the thread in about four parts, over a week or two period (it’s a long one). Good luck with your bets on him, I really fancy him too. (Already backed him 6 times to win, 4 times e/w all at 50’s) And two win doubles with Native River in GC @ 13-2. Ladbrokes boosted the price on both doubles on WT to 60-1 too. While they still have it at 50’s, and are giving a free 10 point boost per day… I’ll be backing it again over the next few days with them too.

I saw that too Mike, a look at the overall profile of his form tells a different story though. I remember Nicholls making comments, after he won the national regarding how he had feared he would never win it, due to the wrong profile of horse for the race. For many years whilst chasing titles, his staying chasers are normally to exposed for the national. He proved he stays 3m2f as a 6yo, as a 9yo he just finished second in a 3m chase (qualified), running over 3m for the first time in two years plus. Not the usual profile of a Nicholls handicap chaser. They have got this horse in off a near perfect 10.8, he goes on good ground, can travel & jump well at 2m4f speed, and looks to me like he’s crying out for a trip. Hemmings buying it, is like the icing on the cake for this race. My eyes tell me he’s well handicapped over staying trips, even if things go wrong at Aintree, I’ll be backing him in 3m+ chases through the Spring.

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 188

Do we really have to pull people up for missing a post.

I bet Warriors Tale because of the Hemmings angle after the purchase was mentioned on here. Raymo, I think you might see that the purchase of Warriors Tale was mentioned on this thread by VtC a fortnight before yourself.

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

Is the first forfeit stage this week or next week do we know?

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 516

Here you go Peter –

First scratchings deadline February 27, second scratchings deadline March 20, five-day confirmations April 9, final declarations 10am April 12.

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

Excellent, thank you!

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 218

One horse who won’t be declared is Abolitionist. I really fancied him too, and so disappointed to see he’s injured.

I’ve added 2 more. Both are 50-1, and available with 5 places, non runner no bet, and best odds.

Bless The Wings
    Buywise

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13463

Fifteen defectors, leaving 90 at the moment.

Not confirmed, but these look like the ones who are out.

Abolitionist
    Arbre De Vie
    Ballyalton
    Bravissimo
    Bristol De Mai
    Missed Approach
    Noble Endeavour
    Polidam
    Poormans Hill
    Sametegal
    Silsol
    Thebarrowman
    Three Faces West
    Vieux Morvan
    Vyta Du Roc

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 259

It’s a shortlist of 4 at the moment for me.

A Genie In A Bottle 66-1
    Bless The Wings 50-1
    Mala Beach 40-1
    Warriors Tale 50-1

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13463

A solid enough list there Buckers, all at fine prices. Will you be staying loyal to Mala Beach if it stays soft, and he lines up on Friday?

Quelle Farce
    Quelle Farce
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Rathvinden (winner of the NH Novices’ Chase) is in the GN, no. 28, and I got 50/1 yesterday. (Apols aftertime, but I did nap him in the Tipster competition).

Reminds me of Rule the World.

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

Double Ross looked like something near his old self today! Very promising run ahead of, hopefully, one last crack at the National!

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 288

Got the first half up of two £20 win doubles, and two £20 E/W doubles, all on Native River to win Gold Cup at 13-2, and Warriors Tale to win the National at 60-1.(All Ladbrokes, all boosted).

Just need Warriors Tale to win the National now :yahoo: B-)

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13463

That would be nice Nausered, good luck with that one.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13463

@Peterh
    Yeah Peter, would be great if he could go there one more time, though they might be tempted with The Topham as well.

I hope it’s the big one though, as I would love for Double Ross, Tiger Roll, Cause of Caused, and Seeyouatmidnight, to all line up in the same race.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 442 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.