2018 Betfair Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2018 Betfair Chase

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by JAMIEDB9007 JAMIEDB9007 14 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Early days, but market slowly forming for one of the biggest races of the season.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/betfair-chase/winner

Bristol De Mai, will obviously be bang there, with everything in his favour round there, as seen last season, while I’d love to see Native River do it, and he could be equally well suited.

A race I love, but I’ve never had a big punt in, more of a race to enjoy.

If pushed just now, one who looks overpriced, and may just get his conditions, is American. He looks tempting at 33’s, but for now no bet.

Early Fancy

American 33’s

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Had another look at this, and I just wonder if Ms Parfois might be worth risking at the 33’s.

Had a smashing season last year, as did the trainer. She’ll get the mares allowance, and there’s a good chance she’ll get her ground. The race tends to cut up, so there’s a chance that 33’s could be worth taking each way.

Yes, The Ladbroke Trophy or Welsh National could be more realistic targets, but seriously considering her for this. I think that price is too big.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Ms Parfois will probably run as long as they get the usual soft ground. She loves bottomless ground and I think she could easily place in this.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4595

Bob in race i notice in past need a horse who won over shorter distance that showed a bit of pace in the past so not look at race yet

And i thought you have market up for big Ascot handicap on saturday 7f race i like Ii Primo solo 12/1 and Gilgamesh same price

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Nicholls saying that Politologue could head here, and at 14’s, that makes some appeal, though he could be heading to Ascot for their two and a half miler.

This is a race where I’ll tend to sit back and enjoy, rather than have a proper bet in, and with that in mind, going to play a couple Antepost just now. Hopefully they’ll line up to give me some interest, though absolute minimum stakes until I see them get an entry.

I stuck with Ms Parfois, and I also went with Clan Des Obeaux, who was very very impressive here, considering conditions, a performance which went rather unnoticed after Bristol De Mai’s demolition job an hour later.

I think I could probably beat the price on Clan, should he get an entry.

Clan Des Obeaux 25’s
    Ms Parfois 33’s
    Both Each Way

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

Venture, I’m sure you know how much I like Politologue, but I think possibly next year for him.

Very unoriginal but I like Bristol De Mai

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

I like Politologue but don’t think he would care for a 3 mile slog in a bog. If ground good..hmm. Don’t know.

CDO and Mrs P nice choices.

If it is soft or worse, and BDM and Native River both turn up 100% tuned up and feeling good, it could be a freakishly epic duel and the race of the season but possibly as horrific as it would be brilliant.

I’ll probably go with CDO, if he isn’t declared for Down Royal.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7268

Bristol De Mai is one of my favourite horses over the jumps and I’m hoping he can win this again although like green says if Native River turns up he might not have it all his own way this time. Too early to tell yet but if BDM runs then for me it has to be him.
    Has NTD given out any reports on his wellbeing for the season ahead? Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Don’t know but I think fresh is the time to catch him. Stomach ulcers tend to heal up nicely when the horse is loafing about on grass and get worse with the stress of training, racing and travelling.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Yeah Grass, hopefully nice choices with the pair of them.

Fingers crossed that Degaussed is spot on about her plans, while I could handle CDO heading here as well as Down Royal.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13914

Looking through them, that 33’s for American still looks big.

I’ve topped up on Clan Des Obeaux in the last couple of weeks, so more on than I had planned. Might just stake more again with the Fry horse, and hopefully get a decent trade nearer the time.

JAMIEDB9007
    JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 262

I have a tenner each way double with a 16/1 winner going onto Clan Des Obeaux for this at 20/1. Only thing that tempers enthusiasm is Nicholls has stated it’s not ideal going there without a prep. Was supposed to run in the Charlie Hall but didn’t because of the ground. Needs soft apparently…hopefully will run…but it looks a hot race if they all stand their ground.

JAMIEDB9007
    JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 262

Does anyone know what the going is at Haydock at present?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.