2017 Ladbrokes Trophy

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2017 Ladbrokes Trophy

This topic contains 39 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  greenasgrass 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

The Irish have an appalling record in the race and Mullins will surely utilise the handicap mark of AB towards the trainers chanpionsip in Ireland

With mullins not giving elliot the same headstart as last year im not too sure hed be to concerned about the trainers title, elliot would need to be a million infront by punchestown to have a realistic chance, not to mention it seems like elliots is having much the same start to the season as mullins did last year

But nontheless i have to agree with you, i cant see him sending AB over, but wont do to much damage having a squeak at 20s

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

I have had a bet in this, and Vtc and Homer, I have also bet American each way at 14-1.

I just think that if he gets the going to suit, that he must have a great chance of placing.

I have added Vyta Du Roc at 33-1 each way to go with American.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Oddly, I always though Ptit Zig wanted a trip. He’d benefit too from his own section to aim at on the takeoff side of each fence with a wee trampoline built into it

lol Joe, they’ve surely worked on that jumping of his :wacko:

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 873

Very much in the American camp. Easily one of the more exciting horses of the season for me. I’ll be backing him in pretty much everything as i can easily see him developing into either a Gold Cup or Grand National horse, the latter seeming tailor made for him. Missed all the bigger prices, but I’ll be lumping on with a fair degree of confidence should be line up in this.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Another one we agree on Peter. I’ll be disappointed if this boy don’t go close.

bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1590

I’ve had a saver on A Genie In Abottle in this. He looks another who is tailor made for the race. Judging by the form of last years Irish novices he could still have a good few lbs in hand and, if Coneygree stays in, will go off a lovely racing weight. 25/1 with Hills :good:

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 603

I like your Vyta du Roc bet Lemons and he is my first bet for this race at 25s (I don’t have an account with the firms offering 33s).

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

Good luck GReenasgrass, I think he is great value for this :good:

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1233

I was thinking about backing Whisper at 14/1 but looking at it again, if Coneygree doesn’t run then he’d end up top weight and I’m not sure that’s ideal for such a moderately sized animal.

Instead I’ve nibbled at the 33/1 on offer about Champers On Ice to go with my American bet (8/1). He’s already won on the hurdles course at Newbury and goes very well on soft ground so the more rain the merrier. He’s still only 7 so the right age for the type of second season novice this race attracts and has plenty of time for improvement in him. He’s had two runs over 3 miles over fences, one when hacking up at 1/5 in a weak Uttoxeter event and the other a gallant second to American at Warwick on level weights. Should they both arrive at Newbury next month then Harry Fry’s charge will have to concede a full stone to the Pipe horse and you can’t say that doesn’t encourage connections that a reverse in form is possible. I hope they run.

I’ve also had a tiny bit on Double Ross at 40/1 who would run off a 2 pound lower mark than when 3rd in this last year to Native River. He had an out-of-character mishap at Sandown over the weekend but appeared none-the-worse for it and completed the full course with the other runners so has effectively had 2 races so far this season; the same as he had going into this last year. The stable’s in form and I’d be interested to see if they put Jamie Bargary or Zac Baker up.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 603

I already have a little on Whisper but share your concerns over weight with this small horse. He looked well in himself the other day I thought and should be well primed mind you.

I see that Vyta du Roc has a Becher entry so chance will not run in this. If ground good would be interested in the other Henderson runner O O Seven

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.