2017 Kerry National

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2017 Kerry National

This topic contains 45 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 6 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

VtC that preview is a great read.

Greenasgras, Abolitionist for me just now at 25-1. I bet him in The Irish Grand National and I would agree with VtC in that he does look like a standout price. I will bet one more but I will wait for day of race

Well no luck for me with Abolitionist, but I will be having another bet as planned. A Toi Phil didn’t do too badly for me at Galway so the 8-1 with 5 places looks a safe bet again.

Good luck everybody and I will probably be back in here this sfternoon with another choice.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2485

I am happy my three have all turned up!! LOL
    Just got to get one of them to win now!! :good: :good:

FrankieMac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 52

Yes, jumps are back :yahoo:

Another who thinks A Toi Phil is the class horse of the race, and I’m also on Bay of Freedom each way. Good luck everyone :good:

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

I’m with A Toi Phil as well + I think I got just about the last of the 8-1.

A race where you have to have an outsider running for you + I’ll be with Lord Scoundrel as well, especially with the 5 place concession at 25-1

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11075

Lord Scoundrel is an interesting shout Buckers, I’ve been weighing him up myself, especially with the claimer, and it’s hard to forget he was still in contention when tipping up 2 out in this last year. I’ve had to add him to the Trifectas.

Good luck with him, he’s a nice price.

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

Well done VtC and Greenasgrass with Potters Point.

I was so happy A Toi Phil getting fifth and I think a lot of us got each way money there as well. Well done all

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1778

Well done those with the winner including VTC with his 28th successive winner in this race 😉

Also tipped up on the Irishracing website :good:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 401

Thanks Lemons and yes great to see between us all in this thread we backed the first five home. Sorry Raymo I was muttering “Feck off Arkwrisht” as he loomed up with two of mine! Good race and some nice jumping. Good ride by Lisa O’Neill again, no wonder Elliot puts her on good horses…not a bad way to work towards losing your claim.

Of my other two- Stellar Notion was going backwards from about 5 out. I don’t know if just ground/fitness or being such a big horse whether he could be starting a breathing issue or something. Bentelimar- had a good run, no excuses, just not a very smart bet on my part.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11075

Thanks Homer and Lemons, and well done Grass too. Great to see plenty of ew money kicking about as well.

Lol Homer, I wish, but I’ll certainly take it. Grass, I think you’re right about Stellar, as that’s a couple of times I’ve seen him empty like that, and if they can fix it, he’ll be seriously well in.

Chuffed to bits with Potters Point, and I definitely owe Lisa O’Neil a few drinks again.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 401

My mistake, O’Neill is amateur not conditional. So claim stays 🙂

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3069

Great stuff Bobby and Greenasgrass, spot on with your assessments :good:
    I know Slowmotion is often held up, but Mark Walsh must have thought she
    would sprout wings in that going from so far back. She made up some ground
    in the latter stages, but I felt from some way back in the race that she was
    never going to get there. She’s decent and one to keep an eye on this year.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 768

Cracking write up Bobby

The bet here is A Toi Phil each way in my opinion – as it so often is in these big field handicaps.

A Toi Phil each way @ 8/1 – 5 places Paddy power

5 places was vital in the end

Well done winners

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4376

Well done, Bobby and greenasgrass. It was a cracking finish – good race to whet the appetite

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

It certainly was Steeplechasing, cracking stuff.

I’m happy to have scraped a place from A Toi Phil, + I would be best advised to not mention the other scoundrel which I bet.

Well done on the win to Greenasgrass + Venture

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2485

Bugger!!! Close but no cigar. Did my jockey finish with no irons??

Well done guys on the winner. She aint arf bad that Lisa O’Neill!! :good: :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.