Bet365 Gold Cup 2017

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Bet365 Gold Cup 2017

This topic contains 43 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5293

Nice post, George J

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1283

Yes a good post and a reminder to keep my ears pricked in autumn for trainer comments to store in the memory bank, especially if they are tucked away in a deluge of “what’s hot for the Christmas festivals” info.

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

I have also selected Vyta Du Roc,well handicapped and kept fresh for today.

If you go to back a certainty always buy a return ticket.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4584

Very poor renewal. Back in the 70’s virtually the whole field would be better than this bunch. Given that why is Just A Par so weak in the market? It can’t just be the weight. Cobden telling porkies about his well being this morning?

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19338

Spot on George J
    A bit like O’Brien runners in trials, you can’t write them off for a poor debut

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

GeorgeJ
    Participant
    • Total Posts 159

Greenasgrass

I rely on the “Stable Tour” series in the Post for trainer comments on seasonal plans. Articles for individual trainers are published in October and November and soon afterwards one can get the whole series as a pdf for about £10.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1283

Great info thanks, that seems like good value too.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1283

Um, hands up who predicted the winner…not me for sure!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5293

Superb ride by young Bowen. Commiserations VDR supporters; I thought he’d got up and was surprised when I saw the photo

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

grey dolphin
    grey dolphin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 654

Withdrawn at Ludlow on Tuesday. Wins big one at Sandown on Saturday. Scratches head….

GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 897

Nobody predicted the winner! Stilvi was right – probably the worse renewal of the Whitbread ever. Typical Sandown chase finish with less than 3L between the first 8. The handicapper must be delirious in his jubilance! The winner holds the form down so VDR probably ran no better than he has been doing. Fair weight carrying performance by TG but he hung instead of staying on strongly. Game effort from Benbens (at shorter and minus Zak Baker’s claim) but not as good as in SGN. Doing Fine didn’t totally transfer his class 3 form to this level. Still underwhelmed by RTK when you consider in his Ascot hurdles win he beat Baron Alco, Lil Rockerfeller, etc. No improvement from Sugar Baron despite jumping better and extra distance. TDN still not back to his best despite first time visor. Another dull run from TYM who was never at best this season, perhaps soured by his experience in the Becher after which the target should’ve been changed from the GN to this instead of subjecting him to Aintree again! WH again couldn’t transfer his form to this class. JAP does look to be on the downgrade, the Newbury win was a fluke. PM didn’t stay and may have been over the top. Le Reve has gone. This was a golden opportunity for one of the horses in the handicap to storm home by 5L but none could do it. Shocking stuff.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 264

Shocker of a result.

Commiserations to the many many on here who had, Vyta Du Roc, so close.

Venture, another smashing early call with Theatre Guide, a fine price you got too, and great run from Benbens for you as well, hope the pair of them put a few pounds in your pocket.

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 218

So close Buckers, it would have been great to finish the season off with a big priced winner.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3375

Arrived back yesterday morning knackered and then to make matters worse I see VDR had got done in a photo by a big priced thing!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Close but no cigar!!! :good:

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.