2009/02/22 Tokyo D1600m 1.34.6R

Home Forums Horse Racing 2009/02/22 Tokyo D1600m 1.34.6R

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Matron Matron 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matron
    Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5481

Just, spotted this recording of a race from Japan posted in "HD" mode which makes playback fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laAIyxhI6UM&feature=hd

Great finish and an "excitable" commentary!

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

Glenn
    • Total Posts 2016

Ah, the joys of left-handed sand racing.

If you:
    – trebled the entrance cost
    – replaced the tens of thousands of spectators with fifteen men, two trilateral reps and a dog
    – replaced the Group One horses with ones 8 seconds a mile slower
    – knocked six zeroes of the tote turnover
    – switch Tony Culhane for Yutaka Take
    – got rid of a couple of stalls for ‘safety reasons’
    – replaced an entranced public with a jaded rump of die hards who still put with what the BHA dish out

You would almost have Lingfield Park……….almost.

MDeering
    MDeering
    • Total Posts 1735

The Tenno Sho (Autumn) from last year tops this for excitable commentary. Hair-standing stuff. When Vodka pipped Daiwa Scarlet by a nostril.

You haven’t lived unless you attend a major racemeeting in Japan. I cannot wait to attend.

AngloGerman
    AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 609

I was watching some Japanese racing on You Tube a while back, and I remember what I thought was the some of the best commentary ever. Unfortunstely, despite my best efforts, I’ve not been able to locate it on You Tube now, but it involves Meisho Samson winning in a thrilling finish from (I think) Admire Moon, and as the commetator builds up into a frenzy, Meisho Samson passes Admire Moon about 20 yards from the finish, leading to the commentator screaming ‘MEISHOOOOOOOO SAAAAMMMMMSOOOOOOOONNN’ at a volume, that, quite frankly makes John Hunt sound like Whispering Ted Lowe!!

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 476

その中で、会員様に有意義と考えらる「情報」は、サービスとして無料で、毎週送られる様々なメールマガジンやレース当日に提供されるアスコット新聞という形で提供しております。

アスコットシステムズは、こういった『勝負鞍での的中』だけでなく、会員様に満足頂くための情報配信も積極的に行っている事が、会員様からの高い評価に繋がっていると考えています。

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

Ah! Ascot System News how interesting :lol:

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421

WOW what passion the Japanese have for their racing.

Why is Wolverhampton not like this.

You have to hand to the Japs though, they do know how to put on a show although the roar is not as good as the one at Cheltenham.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.