1000 Guineas 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 1000 Guineas 2018

This topic contains 90 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Hughes Nathan Hughes 5 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6805

I have done Poetic Charm at 4/1 today for the Sweet Solera. It’s a long way from the Guineas yet but she impressed me as much as any Godolphin 2YO this season. I feel she can cope with the softer ground today and while I was there I stuffed a highly speculative bet on her for the Guineas at 33/1. Some bubbles will burst in the Moyglare and the market may have a very different shape after that race.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 969

Another hammer blow for the Nyaleti form there.

Tajaanus comes into our 1000 Guineas market at 33/1.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 988

I’d be very surprised if the Guineas is currently in Britain, it just doesn’t look like the 2 year olds are up to much over here this year compared to the other side of the Irish Sea.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Can you not make Nyaleti 50/1 LS
    Then we’ll see if ginger takes the ‘exceptional’ value

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21598

How? :wacko:
    Do you think Dance Diva and Mamba Noire ran to form?
    You could choose to look at it differently…

Today’s Sweet Solera winner Tajaanus beat So Hi Society 2 lengths last time out.
    Dance Diva beat So Hi Society 2 1/4 lengths in her start before running against Nyaleti.
    Nyaleti beat Dance Diva 5 lengths.

😉

Suspect the truth is somewhere between the two alternatives.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Gingertipster Gingertipster.
    value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21598

Can you not make Nyaleti 50/1 LS
    Then we’ll see if ginger takes the ‘exceptional’ value

Yes, please. :rose:

value is everything
    LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 969

I do think Dance Diva ran to form, GT. We saw Dance Diva as a massive lay yesterday since her speed figures were barely even up to the standard of maiden winner Capla Temptress. Her finishing position reflects what we expected from the raw data, especially since CT was expected to progress – it’s hard to clock good times in maidens.

Mamba Noire probably didn’t quite run to form since she was baulked when trying to make progress and lost her balance in the dip. Again the figures said she’d finish only just ahead of Dance Diva so I wouldn’t be rushing to give her run a massive upgrade.

Winner Tajaanus continued her improvement to some degree but her general level of form is well established and she rather illustrates that Sweet Solera field was much of a muchness.

None of this suggests Nyaleti is anything out of the ordinary. I think Clemmie’s Guineas backers will hope she continues her run-to-run progress too.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by LostSoldier3 LostSoldier3.
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5671

That’s a very fair summary of where the 1000 Guineas market stands LS3.

There was no ‘How’ about it Ginger Tajaanus should not be underestimated she is a tough little filly with a good turn of foot when needed. Dane O’Neill gave her the perfect ride yesterday the first time she has led all the way with the rail obviously being a great help but when challenged she found more.

Whether she can beat the likes of Clemmie remains to be seen but RIchard Hannon has another live contender on his hands to follow in the hoofprints of Sky Lantern.

I was paddockside yesterday and Dance Diva to be honest looked magnificent and more like a 3yo against the rest of the field. I believe she ran to the best of her ability. Tajaanus would have beaten her in The Empress Fillies Stakes on 1st July but for encountering double trouble in running and that was confirmed yesterday..no excuses for Dance Diva.

Tajaanus is yet to prove how she handles better than Good to Soft ground so work in progress in that respect, but I’m off to take the 33’s on offer for the 1000 Guineas in the belief that she is a live contender to take on the mighty Clemmie… :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21598

I do think Dance Diva ran to form, GT. We saw Dance Diva as a massive lay yesterday since her speed figures were barely even up to the standard of maiden winner Capla Temptress. Her finishing position reflects what we expected from the raw data, especially since CT was expected to progress – it’s hard to clock good times in maidens.

Is this the Royal “we”, LS? :unsure:

value is everything
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 988

I really like the way Tajaanus goes about things but for me she hasn’t shown enough to suggest that she is capable of beating the O’Brien fillies.

If the winner is trained in this country then I dare say we haven’t seen her yet.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 771

Mamba Noire probably didn’t quite run to form since she was baulked when trying to make progress and lost her balance in the dip. Again the figures said she’d finish only just ahead of Dance Diva so I wouldn’t be rushing to give her run a massive upgrade.

Winner Tajaanus continued her improvement to some degree but her general level of form is well established and she rather illustrates that Sweet Solera field was much of a muchness.

None of this suggests Nyaleti is anything out of the ordinary. I think Clemmie’s Guineas backers will hope she continues her run-to-run progress too.

Just catching up with this thread and I have to say, this is a cracking post.

Dance diva really isn’t as good as the hype.

I just can’t see how either Clemmie or September don’t win unless the French have anything special.

Nyaleti won’t win if given a 5 length head start by either of the o brien two..

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21598

Just catching up with this thread and I have to say, this is a cracking post.

Dance diva really isn’t as good as the hype.

I just can’t see how either Clemmie or September don’t win unless the French have anything special.

Nyaleti won’t win if given a 5 length head start by either of the o brien two..

Bookmakers now make it a combined 11/4 chance that either Clemmie and September will win; so if you “can’t see how Clemmie or September don’t win”, Clemmie;the bookies certainly can. Nowhere near odds-on yet. Forget the French… There’s a stable companion called Happily (September is more middle-distance bred and so may not even run at Newmarket) and a big Irish baby called Alpha Centauri who’ll in all probability improve no end when growing in to her frame… And that’s without Nyaleti. You think a filly beaten just 1 3/4 lengths by Clemmie in the Duke Of Cambridge is going to be beaten even with a 5 length head start?… And that came after a particularly hard race in the Chesham. Chesham sectionals indicate Nyaleti went off too hard at Ascot and out on her feet by the end; can be rated as finishing closer to winner September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Yk0F_4EBA

Where is the “Dance Diva hype”, MOM? :unsure: She won an ordinary listed race.
    Nyaleti finally showed what she could do when showing Improved form in the Princess Margret. She didn’t just beat Dance Diva that day, she annihilated her by 5 lengths. ie Point is, there’s plenty of room to fit a lot of better quality fillies between the two of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8NYUsT3jlk

In the Sweet Solera, Dance Diva (who’s by July Cup winner Mayson) was stepped up in trip to 7f. Drawn widest away from the favoured stand side rail, didn’t settle in the first furlong, came there travelling well but weakened in the final furlong. Jockey very easy on him in the last 100 yards. She’s only ordinary listed class, I would’ve laid Dance Diva at the weekend too, but I have no doubt she’s better than showed there. See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mWkJD1Xvk

Do wonder whether the Lowther 6f on a sharp track will be too quick for Nyaleti; particularly on a fastish/firmer ground. Stable companion travelled better than her in the early stages of the Princess Margaret on the stiffer Ascot track and that was good-soft. I’d like to see her at 7f next time, or at least a stiff 6f. O’Brien pair have a much better chance than Nyaleti in the 1000, but they’re a lot shorter in the market than Nyaleti’s 25/1… Or the 50/1 LS is going to give me. 😉

value is everything

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3928

Could be intresting this week my guineas horse HAPPILY could take on September at weekend

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 771

Could be intresting this week my guineas horse HAPPILY could take on September at weekend

If September is beaten, I’m hoping to see her absolutely fly home. I would happily see her sacrifice the 1000 Guineas if it means she goes to the Oaks.

In my head she wins the Guineas at 11/4 joint favourite and then goes off 11/10 in the Oaks and wins by 7 lengths as I scream the house down at Epsom.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

I’m happy to double or quits you on that Fish and Chips you still owe me Ginge that Nyaleti doesn’t finish in the top 6

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.